can somebody please recomend me a good 3 or 4 day training workout.i am t

Mike Monto

Awards
i am trying to get big fast,. i weigh so light cus i've been training for wrestling but decided not to wrestle because of back problems. I've been doing a 5 or 6 day workout with decent results but i have heard that the best wayt to go is 3 day or 4 day. can someone please give me a good workout schedule.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
At your age and size look into starting strength or bill star/glen pendlay 5x5

Mike Monto

Awards
i mean im pretty strong for my size though. i weigh 120 and put up 170. i'm not looking to get strong as much as i am looking to get big.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i mean im pretty strong for my size though. i weigh 120 and put up 170. i'm not looking to get strong as much as i am looking to get big.
Yes... eat more and do 5x5... 5x5 and dc or another frequency based training system is all that makes sense

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
bill starrs 5x5 is a solid layout. i still design all my workouts around that program.

Tamerlane

Awards
Mike-
Give this program a try. I see that you are only 16, so you should really start to get your diet in check, as that is prob 70-80% of looking like a BBer. I did this EXACT program when I was your age and had phenomenal results- I entered High School at like 105 lbs and graduated at about 210- and I was totally natural in regards to AAS- never touched them till i was about 22. Anyway hear is a program i really can gurantee you will get results:

WORKOUT #1
Chest/Shoulders/Tri's
Chest:
Flat Bench or Incline Bench Press:
Warm up 2 Sets @ 15 reps (very light weight)
1 x 8
1 x 6
1 x 4
1 x 2
1 Burnout set - as many reps as you can pump out, but get at least 10 reps
Superset this with 1 Set of Flys/Cable Cross overs ....etc

Shoulders: Same format of Sets and Reps
Exercises: Overhead Presses
Burnout set is supersetted with Lateral Raises

Triceps: Same format of Sets and Reps
Exercises: Lying Skull Crushers or french presses - whatever you want to call them
Burnout set is supersetted (SS) with cable pushdowns

Workout #2
Back and Bi's
Same format of Sets and Reps
Back: Same format of Sets and Reps
Exercises
Barbell Rows
Burnout Set is SS w/ Lat Pull downs

Bi's: Same format of Sets and Reps
Straight Bar Curls
Burnout Set is SS w/ Hammer curls

Workout #3
Legs
: Same format of Sets and Reps
Exersises:
Squats or Leg Press
Burnout Set is SS w/ leg extentions then go str8 to leg curls

Now, You have three workouts, but you should be working out 4 days a week so you are repeating one of the 3 workouts each week. I would go Mon, Tues, Thurs, Friday. Take Wednesday and the weekends off from weights- do cardio if you want to. Basically you are doing one main lift for each body part and then adding a superset immediately after your last set on the main lift (the burn out set). You will get great results with this routine. I would keep the set/rep format the same for all bodyparts, but you can change up the exercises however you like- just make sure your main lift for each body part is a good heavy compund movement. Essentially you will be doing 8 sets of each main lift (if you include the 2 warm ups and 1 burnout set) and 1 superset of an isolation type exercise after your burnout set. I had amazing results with this program when I was young, and natural. Add some creatine and glutamine to your supps during this program and you should have no problem putting on at least 15 pounds in about 8-10weeks- if your eating right. I wouldnt have taken the time to post this if I wasnt sure about the effectiveness of this program- I seriously recomend it.

kingpingin

Awards
week 1:
M: Back, Biceps
T: Chest, Tri
W: OFF
Thu: Quads, calfs
Fri: Shoulders, Triceps
Sat: Hams, Biceps
Sun: OFF

Week 2:
Mon: Chest
Thu: Back, sidelaterals
Wedn: OFF
Thu: Legs, calfs
Fri: Shoulderpresses, bic and tri

Week 3: Start over

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
week 1:
M: Back, Biceps
T: Chest, Tri
W: OFF
Thu: Quads, calfs
Fri: Shoulders, Triceps
Sat: Hams, Biceps
Sun: OFF

Week 2:
Mon: Chest
Thu: Back, sidelaterals
Wedn: OFF
Thu: Legs, calfs
Fri: Shoulderpresses, bic and tri

Week 3: Start over
This makes little to no sense... Just go with 2 of the smartest minds in wait training and trainers of world class atheletes and do 5x5... You need to cut your training volume and make sure you eat enough

Mike Monto

Awards
Mike-
Give this program a try. I see that you are only 16, so you should really start to get your diet in check, as that is prob 70-80% of looking like a BBer. I did this EXACT program when I was your age and had phenomenal results- I entered High School at like 105 lbs and graduated at about 210- and I was totally natural in regards to AAS- never touched them till i was about 22. Anyway hear is a program i really can gurantee you will get results:

WORKOUT #1
Chest/Shoulders/Tri's
Chest:
Flat Bench or Incline Bench Press:
Warm up 2 Sets @ 15 reps (very light weight)
1 x 8
1 x 6
1 x 4
1 x 2
1 Burnout set - as many reps as you can pump out, but get at least 10 reps
Superset this with 1 Set of Flys/Cable Cross overs ....etc

Shoulders: Same format of Sets and Reps
Exercises: Overhead Presses
Burnout set is supersetted with Lateral Raises

Triceps: Same format of Sets and Reps
Exercises: Lying Skull Crushers or french presses - whatever you want to call them
Burnout set is supersetted (SS) with cable pushdowns

Workout #2
Back and Bi's
Same format of Sets and Reps
Back: Same format of Sets and Reps
Exercises
Barbell Rows
Burnout Set is SS w/ Lat Pull downs

Bi's: Same format of Sets and Reps
Straight Bar Curls
Burnout Set is SS w/ Hammer curls

Workout #3
Legs
: Same format of Sets and Reps
Exersises:
Squats or Leg Press
Burnout Set is SS w/ leg extentions then go str8 to leg curls

Now, You have three workouts, but you should be working out 4 days a week so you are repeating one of the 3 workouts each week. I would go Mon, Tues, Thurs, Friday. Take Wednesday and the weekends off from weights- do cardio if you want to. Basically you are doing one main lift for each body part and then adding a superset immediately after your last set on the main lift (the burn out set). You will get great results with this routine. I would keep the set/rep format the same for all bodyparts, but you can change up the exercises however you like- just make sure your main lift for each body part is a good heavy compund movement. Essentially you will be doing 8 sets of each main lift (if you include the 2 warm ups and 1 burnout set) and 1 superset of an isolation type exercise after your burnout set. I had amazing results with this program when I was young, and natural. Add some creatine and glutamine to your supps during this program and you should have no problem putting on at least 15 pounds in about 8-10weeks- if your eating right. I wouldnt have taken the time to post this if I wasnt sure about the effectiveness of this program- I seriously recomend it.
sounds awesome. I'll probably give this or starting strength a try. thanks for the input.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
WORKOUT

Monday: Shoulders and Traps
Military Press----
Lateral Dumbbell Raises-
Dumbbell Shrugs-
Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Front Dumbbell Raises-
Rear Deltoid Rows

Tuesday: Back and Biceps
Deadlifts
Chin Ups
Pull Ups
Barbell Biceps Curls
Bent Over Barbell Rows
Dumbbell Biceps Curls
Reverse Flies

Thursday: Chest and Triceps
Bench Press
Close Grip Bench
Skull Crushers---
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
Flat Dumbbell Bench Press

Friday: Legs, Calves and Abs
Squats
Lying Leg Lifts
Lying Leg Curl
Calve Raises
Weighted Crunches

I found this workout a while ago on another site, created by dexterium. I love this workout routine. works well with me.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
WORKOUT

Monday: Shoulders and Traps
Military Press----
Lateral Dumbbell Raises- out of order
Dumbbell Shrugs- should be with back
Dumbbell Shoulder Press out of order
Front Dumbbell Raises-
Rear Deltoid Rowsshould be with back

Tuesday: Back and Biceps
Deadlifts
Chin Ups
Pull Upsout of order w. chins
Barbell Biceps Curlscurls before row - out of order
Bent Over Barbell Rows
Dumbbell Biceps Curls
Reverse Flies rear delts 2 days in a row??

Thursday: Chest and Triceps
Bench Press
Close Grip Bench
Skull Crushers---
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press so you do incline AFTER your tri's are shot?
Flat Dumbbell Bench Press Dumbells when your nervous system is shot?

Friday: Legs, Calves and Abs
Squats
Lying Leg Lifts
Lying Leg Curl
Calve Raises
Weighted Crunches

I found this workout a while ago on another site, created by dexterium. I love this workout routine. works well with me.
This workout makes no sense, first off it is BASIC and like every other workout, is high volume and only hits a muscle once a week. see the additional problems

I don't mean to attack individual workouts but I am sticking to my conclusion that the OP should be doing LOWER volume based on hiw stats and current routine.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
can you put it in order for me then? and whats your routine?

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The kid is 16, I definitely would not recommend DC training at his age.

Starting Strength is a great program. I also recommend Jim Wendler's 5 3 1.

PM for more info.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
DC......nuff said
Ok so I understand that this is in the wrong part of the forum, but the thread is here so what ever.

DAY ONE:
Chest
Shoulders
Triceps
(Stretches)

DAY TWO:
Biceps
Forearms
(Stretches)
Back width
Back thickness

DAY THREE:
Calves
Hamstrings
Quads
(Stretches)

That's a typical DC workout taken from DoggCrapp. If you want to make it four days you simply go back to day one, then start next week on day two and continue.

knowing that I have never thought of DC before ten minutes ago. What I would do is my favorite excerise for each body part, but rotating excerises every week.

So does this sound right?
DAY ONE: Monday
Chest--- Flat db ----5 sets not including warmup till failure. as many reps as poss
Shoulders---military-----same as above specs.
Triceps---skull crushers. -----same as above specs
(Stretches)

DAY TWO: Tues
Biceps-----bb bar curls same as above specs.
Forearms-----no idea WHAT DO YOU THINK?
(Stretches)
Back width NO IDEA WHAT DO YOU THINK
Back thickness NO IDEA WHAT DO YOU THINK

DAY THREE: Thurs
Calves---standing calf raises not including warmup 5 sets till failure
Quads----Squats. not including warmups never reach failure
Hamstrings-----romanian DL's no including warmup 5 sets never reach failure

(Stretches)

Day FOUR: fri-

Chest- flys 5 sets not including warmups till failure...
Shoulders lateral raises. 5 sets not including warmups till I fail
Triceps--- I call them lawnmower start pulls. don't know the real name but imagine trying to start a lawnmower with a pull cord.
(Stretches)

then etc....

does this sound right?

my w/o's would basically be cut in half...

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
The kid is 16, I definitely would not recommend DC training at his age.

Starting Strength is a great program. I also recommend Jim Wendler's 5 3 1.

PM for more info.
ive never understood this whole dc is for elite lifters thing....ive put three newbs onto a dc training program and seen them make phenomenal gains....the same theories that work for an elite lifter should apply to a new lifter as well.....

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
ive never understood this whole dc is for elite lifters thing....ive put three newbs onto a dc training program and seen them make phenomenal gains....the same theories that work for an elite lifter should apply to a new lifter as well.....
Can you list or pm me the routine. I'm very interested.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
Ok so I understand that this is in the wrong part of the forum, but the thread is here so what ever.

DAY ONE:
Chest
Shoulders
Triceps
(Stretches)

DAY TWO:
Biceps
Forearms
(Stretches)
Back width
Back thickness

DAY THREE:
Calves
Hamstrings
Quads
(Stretches)

That's a typical DC workout taken from DoggCrapp. If you want to make it four days you simply go back to day one, then start next week on day two and continue.

knowing that I have never thought of DC before ten minutes ago. What I would do is my favorite excerise for each body part, but rotating excerises every week.

Chest--- Flat db ----5 sets not including warmup till failure. as many reps as poss
(Stretches)

(Stretches)

(Stretches)

Triceps--- I call them lawnmower start pulls. don't know the real name but imagine trying to start a lawnmower with a pull cord.
(Stretches)

then etc....

does this sound right?

you need to go troll over at intensemuscle for a while....dont ask questions, just read every sticky over there....then read logs...then if you still have questions ask....but i will warn you...they hate newbs and the board in general has a pretty bad attitude towards anyone whos trying to learn about dc. I actually had a guy tell me i wasnt ready for dc....i was 5'9 230 with abs....ha...his stats were 6'2 190. But since i didnt know about dc how could i POSSIBLY be ready to learn about it?

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
Last question mooch...

I do not have abs thats for sure. But I'm getting there. I've been lifting since january. you said you put noobs on it and they were fine and had great results. So I should be good to do this even though I'm not ripped correct?

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
Last question mooch...

I do not have abs thats for sure. But I'm getting there. I've been lifting since january. you said you put noobs on it and they were fine and had great results. So I should be good to do this even though I'm not ripped correct?
it depends on your goals....ive yet to try to cut on dc...im not sure if i will...i may switch back to high volume next year when show season comes around again....but you can definately put on some good size if you can motivate yourself and get a high enough intensity level...your first blast should focus more on learning intensity than anything else....but if you do the recomended morning cardio on your off days you can stay pretty lean.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established

DAY ONE:
Chest
Shoulders
Triceps
(Stretches)

DAY TWO:
Biceps
Forearms
(Stretches)
Back width
Back thickness

DAY THREE:
Calves
Hamstrings
Quads
(Stretches)

(Stretches)

(Stretches)

(Stretches)

(Stretches)

then etc....

does this sound right?

That's not a typical DC routine for the two way split which I would recommend.
M- chest, shoulder, tri, Back width, back thickness - workout A
W - Bi, forearm, calves, hams, quads - workout B

M- a1
W-b1
F-a2
M-b2
W-a3
F-b3

I agree beginners could do well on the basic principles behind DC. Hit each muscle 3 times in two weeks. But you have to know how to lift properly and with correct form.
I am currently cutting on DC after coming off a broken hand in March. Getting leaner on restricted calories and lifts still going up. The traditional notion of lower weight and higher reps to cut lends itself to lower muscle density somewhat. Your not taxing your muscles as much by lifting max weight for 6-8 reps therefore recruiting more muscle fibers. DC does both. Lift heavy with low reps in a series of rest pauses for most exercises which gets the total reps into what would be a "high" rep range. Cutting is diet and cardio more than loads of high reps.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
How can I get 4 days a week tho.

m a1
t b1
thurs a2
fri b2
mon a3
t b3
thurs a1
fri b1?

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
no I lift mon tues thurs fri.

evening cardio mon wed sat...plus a very active crappy job...

Whats wrong with 4 days?

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
DC is for elite lifters because you need to learn that level of mind muscle and drive. Also as you get stronger a single set can induce more trauma and requires more recovery. Lower level lifters will get less trauma because their absolute poundages lifted are less and they are lifting at a lower percentage of their ideal (100% recruitment) maximum output.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
can you put it in order for me then? and whats your routine?
Man there is a lot of adaptation to it and the rep ranges and poundages escalating at set times

I am send you the books if you pm me.