optimum nutrition hydrowhey

xlivefreex

Awards
(can't post the link because i'm new)

any idea when this will hit the shelves?

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
The price isn't which is why nutra needs to get this already!!!! talk about a solid post wo protein.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
The price isn't which is why nutra needs to get this already!!!! talk about a solid post wo protein.
TRUE THAT!

yeah those direct prices are usually ridonkulous... but i'd pick up the 3.5lber if its around 35$ hopefully... im guessing closer to 40$ though

juice88

Awards
hype..idk about u guys but im a sucker for new product packaging..just the looks of the can make me want to ecstatically freak out. marketing scheme and i fall for it everytime. im not saying its not good or even terrible..but technically for the price its not worth it

Raptorbh12

Awards
So it absorbs faster than regular whey protein.
I dont think i really need a FASTER absorbing protein than whey...
Its kind of like "I dont need an Enzo if I already own a ferrari F430 now do i?"

what are the nutrition facts on this btw??

ecupirate

Awards
So it absorbs faster than regular whey protein.
I dont think i really need a FASTER absorbing protein than whey...
Its kind of like "I dont need an Enzo if I already own a ferrari F430 now do i?"

what are the nutrition facts on this btw??
depends, do you want to go 0-60 in 3.1s or 3.6s :wink1:

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
the point of hydrolised or however you say it over whey protein, is almost all of it skips the digestion process and gets extremely quickly absorbed into your system. better conversion ratio, less protein lost.

plus regular whey protein causes blood to be sent to the stomach, when its better used elsewhere after your wo imo.

edit: I can't spell.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
the point of hydrolised or however you say it whey protein, is almost all of it skips the digestion process and gets extremely quickly absorbed into your system. better conversion ratio, less protein lost.

plus regular whey protein cause blood to be sent to the stomach, when its better used elsewhere after your wo.
thanks for the insight on this.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I would think that if this stuff is flavored, it would take a while for your digestive system to seperate the flavor from the protein. So I am still skeptical of this product.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
personally I would like an unflavored hydro for a good price but there just isn't one yet. This one looks to be a good price froma regular retailer not the companies site, so I really am interested.

I do see your point about the flavoring slowing down absorption, but still. research proven that 80% passes straight through the stomach, and absorbed. currently, nothing can beat that.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I just don't see how it could pass so quickly without dragging all that other stuff into your body.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
I don't know about their product, its just a good price (i'd imagine when it hits retailers). Just what I've read around the web, and from using TRue norths hydrocasein, and vpx no synthesize.... Thats where I get my info on hydro proteins. I know for a fact that When I took no synth for a month. I had better gains, than with my regular atw pwo shake.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
all i know is the ON makes some high quality protein, and with this hydro protein I would expect nothing less

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
If I mix a hydrowhey with milk would that totally ruin the point?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
We should all request that Nutra carries their own hydrolyzed whey. They wouldn't even need to flavor it. Just give me the nutrient and I'll be happy. C'mon, let's all oin forces on this!

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
Already requested it.... days ago you guys should too!

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have like 15 packets of this stuff I got at the Olympia ha. I think it's just over a pound! Will update in here on taste and everything. I wish ONs flavors weren't soweak but hey it's all good.

Are you guys saying this whey absorbs in the stomach? Or moves quickly out of the stomach into small inestine?....... Not much of anything actually gets absorbed within the stomach.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
it virtually bypasses the stomach and 80% is absorbed in the small intestine. quicker than any other protein out there.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
We should all request that Nutra carries their own hydrolyzed whey. They wouldn't even need to flavor it. Just give me the nutrient and I'll be happy. C'mon, let's all oin forces on this!
Not to sund like a jerk, but I'm bumping my own idea.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have like 15 packets of this stuff I got at the Olympia ha. I think it's just over a pound! Will update in here on taste and everything. I wish ONs flavors weren't soweak but hey it's all good.

Are you guys saying this whey absorbs in the stomach? Or moves quickly out of the stomach into small inestine?....... Not much of anything actually gets absorbed within the stomach.
Hydroslates taste like crap, if it takes too good I would be suspicious

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
man up bro. taste doesn't count results do!

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
man up bro. taste doesn't count results do!
Thanks for the motivation......

I know some hardcore guys that have tried to use bulk Hydro and couldn't down 20grams even covering it with things like Size On. If you can't stomach it what's the use? And then if this tastes that good it may be suspect.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
I have to say I have never tried the bulk hydro. I have tried no-syntesize which has 20g of hydro, and some of my friends true protein's peptropro hydro casein. Both tasted pretty great to me... Thats why I think this hydro wont really taste poor. if other companies can so readily mask the nastiness of the hydro, without adding massive amounts of other macros.... I be ON can as well... ya know?

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fair enough, a ton of stuff in Synthasize though. Not saying anything against it just interesting talk :) Try some today let you know.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
I am really interested in the taste... and it coming to our local neighborhood nutraplanet store...

crowbar46

Awards
  • Established
Kind of pointless, however, without knowing the degree of hydrolysis or the average weight (in daltons) of the protein fractions. For example, it might be 15% hydrolyzed (which I think is what All The Whey's Hydro Whey runs), the remaining 85% being intact whole protein. The average Dalton weight of the whey fractions might be 1400 (an "average" quality hydro whey), or they might be 530 (a superior quality hydro whey). The smaller the average Dalton weight of the whey fractions the faster it will be absorbed.

The faster a protein enters the bloodstream, the more abrupt of an amino acid spike it will cause; this, in turn, stimulates a greater level of protein synthesis--the whole idea behind "amino acid pulsing" and hyperaminoacidemia.

Crowbar

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the place i get my supplements from just posted it on their web-site....for 3.5 lbs it's roughly $48.70...i guess thats not to bad if the protein is that much better, but i know a few ppl who say protein is protein is protein, i think i'll stick with gold standard, all the whey, and some beverly UMP