Help, 40 and can't seem to keep gains

nmb712

Awards
I have read a ton of post here and was wondering if you guys could help. I had been taking a pre-workout, Kre-Alkalyn, Milk Thistle, Spawn and post cycle. Gained about 13 lbs and was getting great responses from people as to my size. About 3 weeks off supplements and I have lost almost all I gained. Can Anyone recommend a better product or products to build and keep size and strength gains. Could it have been all water weight? Could my age have anything to do with it? Any advice would be much appreciated!

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
man some of the guys here are gonna rip you a new one for this post.

enswalters

Awards
You've gotta do research on post-cycle therapy for Spawn. No way do you just take that without all the proper support supplements and post-cycle therapy, otherwise you're just wasting money and putting your health in extreme danger.

nmb712

Awards
I will take the ripping then, I probably deserve it . I try to understand and I have read the post's. Unfortunately I realised AFTER I took it that I handled it wrong. I am just asking for some help now. I can't change the past and if people feel they have to rip me for asking honest questions feel free...but I might even get some actual helpfull answers as well which is what Iam hoping for. If someone has a reccomendation for anything Iam willing to listen.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
You might want to start with getting some lab work done to see if your blood profiles are within a normal range.

nmb712

Awards
Had blood checked, all within normal ranges, but very good advice! I had it checked after I realised I had messed up.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
If everything is in a normal range, and you don't feel shutdown I would read up on neuromuscular and biochemical adaptations to exercise to develop a program that best suits you. Other than that, I would suggest a solid diet and much research on anabolic steroids if you plan to use them again.

EZDUZIT

EZDUZIT

Awards
Go back to the basics. Have you been using any protein, Creat. mono., CLA's
BCAA's? Its sounds like you were looking for some fast gains. There are some strong test boosters out there also. Im 41 and I personally have been using USP Labs Powerfull and Jack3d with BCAA's, whey proteins, Creatine Mono and CLA. My gains have been excellent. Im not being modest but good genetics run in the family.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
remember with spawn or any other hormonal thing time on+pct (even if its imaginary)= time off, thus u cant take another PH/DS till that time is up and since u didnt run a PCT i would personally wait a little longer.

PumpDogg

Awards
  • Established
I wonder who ever pawned the idea time on equals time off... Great idea but very few do this who run old school cycles. Maybe its more for all the pill poppers here lol

poacher

Awards
  • Established
I was in almost the same boat as you. except i am older. I have been running MAN OROTINE and CEL FORM = 2 squirts every other day. Almost back to where I was on cycle except I feel GREAT. HIGHLY recommend trying both products.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go back to the basics. Have you been using any protein, Creat. mono., CLA's
BCAA's? Its sounds like you were looking for some fast gains. There are some strong test boosters out there also. Im 41 and I personally have been using USP Labs Powerfull and Jack3d with BCAA's, whey proteins, Creatine Mono and CLA. My gains have been excellent. Im not being modest but good genetics run in the family.
I have to agree... I am 51 and have made steady gains on herbal products and the right nutrition and amino profile. I have to laugh when people talk about things like genetic limits and not being able to make progress due to age. It takes tons of knowledge, hard work and most of all patience. Learn how to do it without heavy supplementation then add in supps to help you slightly increase those results based on a well thought out plan. This takes a knowledge of self and how you react to certain stimulis. Ironically if you can't do it without supps then generally supps will not help that much. They are to enhance something you already know how to do. I think if most of us learned these lessons then there would be very few people using Pro-Steroids, Pro-Hormones, because by the time you figure all this out there may no longer be a need for them. That would depend on your goals but you can definitely build a very impressive body without them.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Spot on DW! Granted I am younger then you old fuggers but I have been able to pack on some serious muscle and have major body recomp changes with protein, creatine and fish oil for the majority of the time, and I was in a caloric defecit trying to lose fat. Proper diet and finding out what macro ratio you respond to will do so much more for you than any supps. Granted, AP and Prime are amazing but without a thought out plan it is just money wasted.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
why did you stop the kre alk? most guys use creatine after a cycle to help keep gains.

nmb712

Awards
First off,
Thank you guys very much for the mature responses, they have allready got me thinking about ways to try to this naturally and to really research my supps before I take! Secondly, I have to admit I have tried to understand body comp, responses how to eat for my body... I have even read and " tried " to understand Allan aragorn's book but to be honest I can't. If anyone can explain or recommend something that is very easy to understand or has the time to help me that would be great. Iam 6'2 237lbs, running 22% bf and my goal is to get to about 250 lbs with 10-12 % bf. I kind of have a 6 meal a day food plan in order using Probolic sr12 as my protein because GNC has it on sale for 14.99, olive oil, chicken, fish etc. The reason I went to Kre alkalyn is because I was bloating from the Mono...but I havent had great results with it. I was thinking about a pre-workout drink because I work 3 jobs and when I get to the Gym Iam very tired and need the energy. I have read the post's on pre w/o's creatin etc but if anyone has any recommendations I would greatly appreciatte it. Again thank you all for the great responses so far and looking to hear more.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
take a look at green mag, green bulge, cre02 or sns's new creatine mag formula. the creatine magnesium formulas seem to be cutting edge.

EZDUZIT

EZDUZIT

Awards
I have to agree... I am 51 and have made steady gains on herbal products and the right nutrition and amino profile. I have to laugh when people talk about things like genetic limits and not being able to make progress due to age. It takes tons of knowledge, hard work and most of all patience. Learn how to do it without heavy supplementation then add in supps to help you slightly increase those results based on a well thought out plan. This takes a knowledge of self and how you react to certain stimulis. Ironically if you can't do it without supps then generally supps will not help that much. They are to enhance something you already know how to do. I think if most of us learned these lessons then there would be very few people using Pro-Steroids, Pro-Hormones, because by the time you figure all this out there may no longer be a need for them. That would depend on your goals but you can definitely build a very impressive body without them.
Great response!
Alot of guys in my gym have been going as long as I have been a member and quite a few haven't made the gains they should have in that time frame. Alot of it is treating the gym as a steady lifestyle with proper diet and decent supps. Most of them come and go in spurts. Most don't even have a decent routine let alone switching up your routines every so often.
Bottom line, is if you work hard enough at it and are patient, you will see good gains. This should only drive you harder to keep coming back to the gym.
I saw this comic strip yesterday and it made me laugh. It was about a doctor talking to his male patient who was obviously over weight. He said to him, you need to spend at least 3 hours a week at the gym are would you rather spend 24 hours a day being dead. That was putting into perspective.Lol!