post workout protien

jmoney02

Awards
I sometimes mix my protien and keep it in the car (in the shaker cup) so I can chug it immediately after my workout. Does letting it sit for the 1.5 - 2 hours I spend in the gym mess with it's effectiveness? What if I add creatine? I thought I heard somewhere that you shouldn't let creatine "sit" too long after you mix it.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I sometimes mix my protien and keep it in the car (in the shaker cup) so I can chug it immediately after my workout. Does letting it sit for the 1.5 - 2 hours I spend in the gym mess with it's effectiveness? What if I add creatine? I thought I heard somewhere that you shouldn't let creatine "sit" too long after you mix it.
If it gets quite hot in the car and you mix it with anything other than water then could be an issue. Otherwise it should be ok.

If you are going to mix it and leave it while in the gym I recommend putting it in a fridge at the gym while you're training.

And 1.5-2 hours in the gym? Unless you're doing cardio, stretching and having a long shower afterwards, there's no need to be spending that long in the gym.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

jmoney02

Awards
If it gets quite hot in the car and you mix it with anything other than water then could be an issue. Otherwise it should be ok.

If you are going to mix it and leave it while in the gym I recommend putting it in a fridge at the gym while you're training.

And 1.5-2 hours in the gym? Unless you're doing cardio, stretching and having a long shower afterwards, there's no need to be spending that long in the gym.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
I usually do a half hour of cardio and also work out with a bud. That always seems to add time.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I usually do a half hour of cardio and also work out with a bud. That always seems to add time.
If you do your cardio after your weights, then I recommend definitely taking your protein into the gym and refridgerate it there and take your creatine and protein immediately post-weights BEFORE you do your cardio. If you don't want to refrigerate it, then just put the powder for both in a shaker and add water after your weights and have then.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Raptorbh12

Awards
if you drink the protein before cardio your most likely going to get bad stomach cramps from 1. alot of liquid sloshing around and 2. the blood concentration being higher in your organs digesting the protein rather than fueling your muscles with oxygen.

Greek Elite

Greek Elite

Awards
i dont see any reason why it would go bad or lose effectiveness, but for me i just put the powder in my shaker n leave it like that, then fill up the water bottle i use for intra with water n bring that to my car and mix.. i hate warm protein shakes so leaving it in the car just isnt an option for me