women and pre-workout supps

johndye

Awards
I operate a local gym and help reccommend supplements. There is a women who has asked what she can take for a pre-workout supplement. She has taken Superpump 250 before, but now is looking at Labrada Supercharge. It says that it has some testosterone increasing ingredients in it. I don't want to direct her toward something that may affect her hormone levels. So is Supercharge safe for women or do you all have a better alternative? Thanks for the feedback.

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, there is a test boosting component to Supercharge. I'd give White Flood, NO Shotgun, Cold Fusion, Ice, or one of the many others a shot if she likes NO products.

TBH, my choice would be caffeine pre workout, and AXcell intraworkout. You'll get more endurance and still get the speed factor in.

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
Hey man it depends on how old the lady in question is, sum test increase in sum women is a good thing.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Noxplode would do fine in a pinch, but ragnarok, or even rpm, would be even better. My wife likes rpm. :D

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I think humanoforts ability to increase test is supposed to still be in question....humanofort is the ingredient in supercharge.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
we use Jack3d!
mixed with 3-4 scoops of cheap dextrose for some quick carbs and you're GTG

johndye

Awards
Appreciate all the feedback guys - looks like some good alternatives.

Any women out there that would care to reply?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I operate a local gym and help reccommend supplements. There is a women who has asked what she can take for a pre-workout supplement. She has taken Superpump 250 before, but now is looking at Labrada Supercharge. It says that it has some testosterone increasing ingredients in it. I don't want to direct her toward something that may affect her hormone levels. So is Supercharge safe for women or do you all have a better alternative? Thanks for the feedback.
Appreciate all the feedback guys - looks like some good alternatives.

Any women out there that would care to reply?
Supercharge should be fine for her to use.

How long has this woman been training? If she is a newbie or has been training for less than 6-12 months then she really doesn't need t be looking at preworkout products.

If she is a seasoned trainee, then she can use any preworkout product that is not hormonal (and by hormonal I mean AIs, PHs, steroids, etc.).

Just because something has testosterone boosting ingredients in it does not mean that she can't use it either. And even if it does, unless it's hormonal it's NOT going to affect her hormone levels significantly.

Preworkout products, as I said, as long as they are not hormonal, are fine for her to use. I personally have used many, including:
* Applied Nutriceuticals RPM (original)
* Applied Nutriceuticals RPM (recomped)
* Nimbus Nutrition Poseidon
* Nimbus Nutrition Poseidon-BA
* Anabolic Innovations Performance Plus with Poseidon
* LG Sciences Anadraulic State
* Gaspari Nutrition SuperPump250

You also have your products like Drive (which IS a natural testosterone booster), etc. that can be used preworkout (and yes, I have used this, too).

At the end of the day she needs to ensure that the product she selects is relevant to her needs and goals and that she knows what it is and why she is using it.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
the wyfe also loves the Jack3d, and shes 50, she tears apart the gym like nobodies business. Had to start her off at 1/2 scoop, as she's 5'1" and 120lbs, but she's up to 1 1/2 scoops now. Will post pix sum day. And now due to her age i also have her using td Formestane as well, @ 1/4 the dose to help out with her perrimenapause, got rid of the hot flashes and nite sweats a wk. as well as leaned her out a lil.