recommend me A) sup to help me go to sleep and B) a fat burner

jack98

Awards
at the end of my cut and would like a fatburner to help finish off the last 4 weeks or so. Anything new out there that is worth picking up?

and im stressed out in grad school, and really would like a sup that would make me sleepy to help regulate my sleep better

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tryptophan is as simple and effective of a sleep aide that there is in my experience. Play with the dosage based on with food, empty stomach, how tired you are, etc.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/nutraplanet/bulk-l-tryptophan-caps-100-caps-500-mg.html

Here's 2 of my favorite burners to get you started with your searches:

VPX Meltdown
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/vpx-sports/meltdown-z-14.html

Axis Labs AdipoX
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/axis-labs/adipo-x-120-liquid-caps.html

Hope that gives you some ideas to consider :cheers:

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
lipo-pm by Applied nutrition. I haven't tried it yet, tho I just got a bottle today. Everyone seems to rave about how great they sleep, and how it pushes them past weight plateau's.

Can't wait to try it tonite.

seanlambo

seanlambo

Awards
somnidren gh is good i like to ad like a mg of melatonin with it= best sleep ever...plus the leaning out affect with it happens rapidly w me anyway

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lipo-pm by Applied nutrition. I haven't tried it yet, tho I just got a bottle today. Everyone seems to rave about how great they sleep, and how it pushes them past weight plateau's.

Can't wait to try it tonite.
I can speak for this supplement as I am finishing up a bottle. The stuff flat out works. I sleep like I am in a coma and wake up feeling alert and recovered. I have been eating like a horse(not as clean as I usually am) but I have remained nice and lean. If I was cutting I could see this providing excellent results and I will be going back to it when I do want to lean up. I used it to see if it would be usable for a clean bulk and it has proven itself very sufficient in that aspect. Hope this helps...AZ

jack98

Awards
I can speak for this supplement as I am finishing up a bottle. The stuff flat out works. I sleep like I am in a coma and wake up feeling alert and recovered. I have been eating like a horse(not as clean as I usually am) but I have remained nice and lean. If I was cutting I could see this providing excellent results and I will be going back to it when I do want to lean up. I used it to see if it would be usable for a clean bulk and it has proven itself very sufficient in that aspect. Hope this helps...AZ
does it help you go to sleep or just help you get a deep sleep

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It does not help with falling asleep. For that I would say the Reduction PM is good in that respect.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
if you wanna go to sleep take 50mg of diphenhydramine ( benadryl, aka equate sleep aid ) for <$5

or, get health insurance and get hooked up with ambien.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
phenibut

the better your sleep is the more youll lose body fat. those with unoptimal sleep has higher ciortisol levels and more body fat

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have tried many sleep formulas (odd, seeing as I don't have a problem sleeping, ever; I am just a busy guy, get 6hrs a night, and feel they help optimize that time to the fullest).

Anyway, somnidren is the premium sleep aid. It's a knockout punch to the head. Noctunabol is also great, with a nice low dose of melatonin (most are way too high). Since you asked about fat loss too, I would say lipo PM or REDuction PM would help with sleep and fat loss too. I am using REDuction PM now, and love it. I combine it with a scoop of purple wraath 2 hours after food before bed, and sleep like a rock, waking up refreshed and leaner.

orangerain

Awards
Has anyone heard of Xenical and CosmoBody? These are said to be fat burners, but I'm not sure if they really work. I've been trying CosmoBody - I did sweat more during work outs and lasted longer, but after a while, the effects kind of died down. I'm thinking of adding another supplement to feel the effects again. I heard ampheta restore helps.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Stack X-Dream by IBE and ZMK by MST :thumbsup:

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't normally post a note of concern but some of the suggestions here worry me:

Somnidren (sorry Millenium), phenibut and melatonin.

Regular use of phenibut is should be avoided or if you're gonna do it, cycle the stuff carefully. It develops rapid tolerance. It is a potent nootropic. Ok if you're having trouble sleeping sure otherwise it should be avoided.

Melatonin could generate a feedback loop. That is of real concern because its produced from serotonin, if you stop taking it decreasing serotonin is not a good idea.

REDuction PM looks okay. I've used REDuction AM and didn't think much to it. PM could be good.

Its hard to get hold of OTC but GABOB is by far the most potent deep sleep aid IMO, but I'll not use pheni and definately avoid melatonin.

For an all in one fat-burner / sleep aid REDuction PM is probably the one-stop shop.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
I'm not exactly clear why GABOB is avoided as an ingredient in sleeping supps and GABA being used instead.

As a big sleep mix the following is powerful:
GABA or 1-carboxy
ZMA
theanine
Valerian
... there is one more amino acid (tryptophan?) that helps
Also calcium. The above list is much better than doing a supplement with melatonin or pheni. I know why supp companies use them but long term I think they'll do more harm than good.

Personal comments
GABA or 1-carboxy - its not bad but needs to be stacked
theanine - this is potent
ZMA - not bad needs to be stacked
valerian - good valerian isn't cheap. Works as well as 1-carboxy or GABA but loses its bite quite quickly (a bit like 1-carboxy).

Other stuff delta-wave sleep CD - man for getting to sleep that stuff bites
Hot shower - yeah that works.

Sweet dreams.

shugrblossm

Awards
I'm not exactly clear why GABOB is avoided as an ingredient in sleeping supps and GABA being used instead.

As a big sleep mix the following is powerful:
GABA or 1-carboxy
ZMA
theanine
Valerian
... there is one more amino acid (tryptophan?) that helps
Also calcium. The above list is much better than doing a supplement with melatonin or pheni. I know why supp companies use them but long term I think they'll do more harm than good.

Personal comments
GABA or 1-carboxy - its not bad but needs to be stacked
theanine - this is potent
ZMA - not bad needs to be stacked
valerian - good valerian isn't cheap. Works as well as 1-carboxy or GABA but loses its bite quite quickly (a bit like 1-carboxy).

Other stuff delta-wave sleep CD - man for getting to sleep that stuff bites
Hot shower - yeah that works.

Sweet dreams.

what would you stack zma with?

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
I like Bullet Proof by Muscle Pharm. Puts me to sleep, gives me crazy dreams, and makes me feel great when I wake up.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wouldn't normally post a note of concern but some of the suggestions here worry me:

Somnidren (sorry Millenium), phenibut and melatonin.

Regular use of phenibut is should be avoided or if you're gonna do it, cycle the stuff carefully. It develops rapid tolerance. It is a potent nootropic. Ok if you're having trouble sleeping sure otherwise it should be avoided.

Melatonin could generate a feedback loop. That is of real concern because its produced from serotonin, if you stop taking it decreasing serotonin is not a good idea.

REDuction PM looks okay. I've used REDuction AM and didn't think much to it. PM could be good.

Its hard to get hold of OTC but GABOB is by far the most potent deep sleep aid IMO, but I'll not use pheni and definately avoid melatonin.

For an all in one fat-burner / sleep aid REDuction PM is probably the one-stop shop.
Concerning somnidren: have you read the dosage instructions? Millennium is very aware of the potential downsides to phenibut, formulated somnidren accordingly, and is very clear with a dosing protocol designed to avoid those potential sides. My worst supp experience was with phenibut, and I was extremely leery of trying somnidren. I spoke with matt over there and he put my mind at ease somewhat, and sent me a sample. I have used several tubs so far with no issues. It's a great product, the best out there not.

I forgot to mention UK pght. Search it, you'll see my posts on it from a couple years back.

I'm with you on melatonin. If I take it, the dose must be low.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Maybe not to the OP, but most of us who are familiar with Phenibut are well aware that it's more effective with less frequent use. From what I see with simple searches, 2-3x/wk seems to be the sweet spot and I don't see anything wrong with dosing it like that for let's say 1-2 months at a time :dunno:

Concerning ZMA, there's a real small handful of us that have the most wicked dreams with it. I find that I dream so vividly with ZMA that I jump out of bed mid-sleep every time. I've done tons of ZMA searches and see that it's a super rare issue.

Yes, melatonin knocks me out but it's terrible sleep quality and I feel like crap in the morning. What's the point then, right?

I sort of like the generic benedryl suggestion though... I think that's a relatively conservative suggestion, especially for those of us with stuffy noses :nana: