If you were to go hardcore into a 2 month recomp what supps would you get?

KRuth22

Awards
I'm getting myself back into gear and in need of a list of supps. Currently im about 260lbs 6'1" and want to get down to the measurements for military requirements. I don't know exactly where that is with my body structure, but I would assume getting down to 15%is body fat would take care of the other numbers. I'm i need of suggestions, I have my diet planned out and have been setting up my workouts. I'm pretty knowledgeable on the aspects of diet and training and i have just been out of the loop for a while on supplements. I've heard some good things about some newer fat burners but would like all around suggestions. Thanks

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
need some more facts bro. Are you currently in the military? What is your current BF? If you have a high BF than two months is not near enough time to make up for it. What is your diet like? There are tons of us military guys on here willing to help, but we need more than a basic understanding of your current weight. throw more details up and we can help you out.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
More info would help a lot but just off the top of my head a great recomp stack would include these USP supps: Anabolic Pump, Recreate, Prime and if you want to go for broke throw in PowerFULL. That will really help facilitate some major body recomp.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
I'm getting myself back into gear and in need of a list of supps. Currently im about 260lbs 6'1" and want to get down to the measurements for military requirements. I don't know exactly where that is with my body structure, but I would assume getting down to 15%is body fat would take care of the other numbers. I'm i need of suggestions, I have my diet planned out and have been setting up my workouts. I'm pretty knowledgeable on the aspects of diet and training and i have just been out of the loop for a while on supplements. I've heard some good things about some newer fat burners but would like all around suggestions. Thanks
What branch/MOS and how tall are you? First off you really don't need a list of supps to join the military, If your diet is good to go thats all you need. I'd say stick with the basics, BCAA's, fish oils. I have gotten some friends that are still in the fleet and even some of my police colleagues hooked on Cordygen 5 by Mst and its really good for running/endurance type excersises. I'd say regardless of what service your going in emphasize the basics of PT, run,run,run and run some more alot of pushups and situps and even pullups so your ready for whatever basic/boot camp (Marines) you ship off to. I'm not saying stop throwing weights, just incorporate those basics in...thats just my two cents. PM me if you have any other questions and help.

KRuth22

Awards
I'm not currently in the military but am a trumpet player and starting to audition for the military bands, and you need to meet the general weight and measure requirements to get the job before going to basic. Or, they will nicely request that you "may" want to leave the audition. I haven't got my BF done in a while, but I know I am and endo-meso, can gain muscle and strength easily but have love-handle and chest fat. I would guess BF to be around the upper 20's. I know my I probably in 2 months cant get my bf down to the teens, however the closer I get the better my chances are of getting to the audition and if I win, i will have more time to shed more weight.

My diet that I am going for is, morning egg white carton goo stuff :) with an apple. Then i have some sort of fruit snack or protein after a workout. Then 1 cup instant brown rice with chicken and some parmesan/feta cheese(pretty moderate amount). Then try for another snack, which most of the time may be nuts of some sort, and dinner again is rice and chicken/eggs sometimes with black beans. 1 Day a week I eat whatever I want (to maintain sanity), and some morning I will have oatmeal instead of eggs white stuff. I would like to eat both in the mornings but I am always forcing myself to eat breakfast and can't handle that much in the morning.

Where my diets fall is sweet cravings and carb dense food cravings (pamera bagels snack crackers ect.). I have been down to 190 and benching 300lbs but that was also after working the summer outdoors for 8-12 hours a day installing swimming pools. Now that im at school again sitting in a practice room for a couple of hours a day along with a couple hours of class, and a job that does not involve much physical activity it is much harder to get back into shape.

The last time i did one rep maxes here were my numbers...i dont know if this will help or not, maybe just to see where I am as far as training.
bench- 315
squat- 365
deadlift- 385

Also I have 2 herniated disks which has me stay very cautious when dealing with heavy lifts. (nobody in the military that i have talked to has said this impairment is 100% means to not be accepted)

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
your plan looks good..., not great, but good. I would stay away from all foods a few hours before bed as well. You mentioned the diet, but what type of workout plan are you on? there is no way you can do this with diet alone. there should be at least 5-6 days of cardio involved, and variety cardio at that (bike, swim, run, etc...) on top of weights. Do the weights first, then cardio up and out. this should be at between 30-45 minutes. As stated above, stick with the basics like fish oils etc. Stay away from any water retainers.
Just because its the band doesn't mean that it is different from the regular army. You have to meet the same requirements that anyone in the airborne infantry has to meet, and a couple times a year to boot. I have commanded a company of over 200 Soldiers, and weight is always an issue for some. For 90% of these, a simple lifestyle change would solve it. I like the cheat day, but make it a cheat meal until you're out of basic. If you're good at what you do, playing your instrument, than the army will "find a way" to get you in. you may not make the weight, heck no one with muscle (myself included) does. Work on increasing neck size and decreasing stomach fat. Also, learn to suck in!

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Anabolic Pump is essential for any recomposition as it is THE muscle gain + fat loss product. Directs carbohydrates to muscles and away from fat cells and increases AMPk. YEAH BUDDY

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Just because its the band doesn't mean that it is different from the regular army.
You dont need prime, anabolic pump of glycobol. You're not training for a bodybuilding competition, you need to meet the criteria to be eligible to enlist, period, which means regardless of what your MOS is and regardless if its a Band MOS in the Marine Corps, Army whatever you are expected to chew the same dirt as a grunt. Like I said Run Run and Run follow Army Guy's protocol and follow through. Instead of posting what supplements you need to get back into "gear" tell yourself you need to get up at 0500 and run! Bring your heart and mind and everything else will fall in place.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Formex + Reverse + STOKED! + a BCAA/EAA product = A fat loss, test boosting, estrogen reducing, muscle preservation, muscle endurance, muscle recovery, anti-oxidant protection, libido spike shred stack :cool:

All of these are what you definitely want in a recomp. :thumbsup: