Creatine

theTOOTHPICK

Awards
Hey guys hope Im not repeating a previous question but here's something that kind of bothers me. Most creatines say to take pre workout but I work most mornings and have to go right from work to the gym so would it be okay to take after or no? I've heard it doesn't make a difference but if it does should i take creatine pill or make a drink in the morning and refrigerate it all day? Any suggestions?

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys hope Im not repeating a previous question but here's something that kind of bothers me. Most creatines say to take pre workout but I work most mornings and have to go right from work to the gym so would it be okay to take after or no? I've heard it doesn't make a difference but if it does should i take creatine pill or make a drink in the morning and refrigerate it all day? Any suggestions?
Most creatines are not stable in aqueous solutions over long periods of time, hence why you don't see many premixed creatines. So I don't suggest pre mixing it. I like to take 3-5g of creatine, but at my convenience. Sometimes pre, sometimes post.

theTOOTHPICK

Awards
Ok cool. But no difference whether pre or post? Or minimal atleast?

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I like to take it pre and post. It will be fine to take it post with your protein shake. Infact studies say adding creatine to your post workout shake is one of the best ways to uptake into your body. You body will def. take and use the creatine as it should.

Another suggestion is put your creatine in a dry shaker bottle and just add the water/juice when you need it or Protein/Carbs/Creatine in a dry shaker bottle. Have a bottle of water in your gym bag and add it before hitting the gym.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Brolore claims less bloat when taking creatine mono post workout and first thing in the morning if your stomach can handle it.

I take it preworkout, gives me more of a pump.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok cool. But no difference whether pre or post? Or minimal atleast?
It depends on the creatine product as to what their recommended dosing is. If it is not just a creatine product, but more of a preworkout product that contains creatine then it should be dosed pre-training. Otherwise you can dose pre OR post-training (which a lot of people do).

If you go right from work to the gym then just take your creatine 30-40 minutes before the time that you know you will be training. It's not hard or complicated. If you use pill form then fine. If you use a powder that needs to be mixed with water then prepare it 5-10 minutes before you need to consume it (and if it takes you 30-40 minutes to get to the gym from work then just prepare and have it right before you leave work).

Whether you dose creatine pre or post or at both is personal preference. I personally use it pre AND post (and at other times of the day), because that's how I get the best results. Everyone is different and you need to find out what works best for YOU.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

theTOOTHPICK

Awards
Ok cool guys thanks. Also, any better results pill or powder? And with powder is it as simple as let's say1 scoop of protein and 1 of creatine in the same drink? For the 2 years i've been lifting I never understood that fully and just made 2 separate drinks

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok cool guys thanks. Also, any better results pill or powder? And with powder is it as simple as let's say1 scoop of protein and 1 of creatine in the same drink? For the 2 years i've been lifting I never understood that fully and just made 2 separate drinks
Depends on what the pills are. Creatine mono, no need for pills, cre-02, awesome pills.

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Unless it's a needed delivery, no. Really, pills are a convenience that you'll pay for if you go that route.

AnabolicFrenz

Awards
yeah I wouldnt pre-mix creatine and let it sit, creatine will change to creatinine which is not good for you, at least this is what Ive been told someone correct me please if I am wrong.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
yeah I wouldnt pre-mix creatine and let it sit, creatine will change to creatinine which is not good for you, at least this is what Ive been told someone correct me please if I am wrong.
All he has to do is place it in a dry shaker cup. Have a 16oz bottle water ready to pour into it. Easy as that.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whether you get better results with pill or powder will depend on whether what you are using is JUST a creatine product (as mentioned above). Pill or powder are not necessarily any different re results, but just on your preferred method of delivery.

For example, I get just as good results using either pills or powder. I prefer using pills for the convenience though, and because what I use is not just a creatine product.

With powder, you can mix your creatine and protein together. Again, depending on the product used, I would recommend having your creatine 15-20 minutes BEFORE you have your post-training carbohydrates and protein.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

theTOOTHPICK

Awards
thank you very much for the info. i'm going to probably be picking up some creatine this week. and one more question, i've read that mostly everyone hates GNC and their products because it is all false and many people think they are just placebo. buddy of mine took their creatine mono powder and said it worked good for him. a lot of other places i read though said just to look online for some cheap stuff cause that works a lot better. any thoughts on what i should do?

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
thank you very much for the info. i'm going to probably be picking up some creatine this week. and one more question, i've read that mostly everyone hates GNC and their products because it is all false and many people think they are just placebo. buddy of mine took their creatine mono powder and said it worked good for him. a lot of other places i read though said just to look online for some cheap stuff cause that works a lot better. any thoughts on what i should do?
I never buy from GNC because of the over priced supplements. Creatine mono from GNC most likely comes from the same place as most other brands out there. I prefer Creapure' creatine from Germany. Some companies that use it are Prolab, Optimum and several others. Whether you choose german, china or american manufactured creatine the difference in results will most likely be minimum. I just trust the Creapure brand for purity.