Question about peripheral dopamine ??

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
From what I read it is not recommended to take P5P with L-dopa due to its early conversion to dopamine, instead it should be taken with green tea so it converts in the brain. My question is and this is merely bro science here, but doesnt it make more sense to fight an already high level of prolactin especially around the breast tissue with peripheral dopamine that circulates through the body instead of going to the brain and reducing further prolactin secretion ??? Seems once the prolactin sides go down, then you would further prevent it by allowing the L-dopa to cross the blood brain barrier. Am I totally off base with this or does it make sense ?? Thanks.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
From what I read it is not recommended to take P5P with L-dopa due to its early conversion to dopamine, instead it should be taken with green tea so it converts in the brain.
I had this idea ... didn't really work. Taking sublingual does works though.

My question is and this is merely bro science here, but doesnt it make more sense to fight an already high level of prolactin especially around the breast tissue with peripheral dopamine that circulates through the body instead of going to the brain and reducing further prolactin secretion ???
Interesting idea for sure. There is a theory that excessive dopamine is damaging to the kidneys - its just a theory though. Its just dopamine in the brain is connected with GH release which in this game is what its all about.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Applied Nutriceuticals Lipotrophin-AM is very interesting indeed.

It is Ldopa and green tea. It omits alpha-GPC unlike AlphaDopa Growth Poppers by Pinnacle, basically though its the same idea using ECG to get ldopa through to the brain.

Is this stuff sublingual? APP NUT reps?

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I'm certainly interested in this one APP NUT team. If you're taking your ldopa and green supp. as a cap or is like the AlphaDopa Pinnacle produce which is sublingual? Its just sublingual works well for this stuff and its an actractively priced product if that is the case.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am very interested. I am trying to avoid turning to research chems to control prolactin. I use p-5-p which can work at time but is hit or miss. Also of concern is that NOW suggest taking it away from food and Solgar says to take it with a meal, which of these is generic bottle directions and which is actually factually correct?

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Another off the wall question, but how come taking L-dopa can be beneficial but drugs like cocaine are very bad and catabolic. Does this have anything to do with circulating dopamine levels being skyrocketed or from brain levels going through the roof ??

wellbilt

Awards
I would. Think cocaine would be catabolic due to the huge increase in Heart rate and the lack of an appetite
it will most definitely raise dopamine but with a supression of dopamine for some time after using while your pituatary gland recovers

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Approximately....Feed a precursor into a pathway (Ldopa, 5HTP, phenylalanine) then if the pathway wants to regulate itself it can just cause a feedback loop and slow things down. Anatagonise a receptor then its forced into action whether it wants to or not, its got not control except to build up a (rapid) tolerance. Anyone who is antagonizing dopamine receptors needs their head looking into except if you've Parkinsons - hmm... that sort of came out wrong but you get the point.

wellbilt

Awards
I would. Think cocaine would be catabolic due to the huge increase in Heart rate and the lack of an appetite
it will most definitely raise dopamine but with a supression of dopamine for some time after using while your brain recovers

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lipo-am is a cap not sublingual, but that is interesting. might be a nifty new use for it.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Wow this board moves fast. Like I'd only just posted. Thanks anyway.