Which liver support supplement?

S

SwoleT

Awards
Which liver support have you used particulary after or on cycle? I've used milk thistle and I am giving liv 52 a shot now. Heard some good things about NAC and Ababolic ls Xtreme have a support called perfect cycle (NAC and milk thistle) then there's also liver longer. What's your opinion on absorption and effectivness both on and off cycle?

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Which liver support have you used particulary after or on cycle? I've used milk thistle and I am giving liv 52 a shot now. Heard some good things about NAC and Ababolic ls Xtreme have a support called perfect cycle (NAC and milk thistle) then there's also liver longer. What's your opinion on absorption and effectivness both on and off cycle?
Products such as Cycle Support contain milk thistle and a lot more. Hawthorne berry for BP and other ingredients.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cycle Support is far more comprehensive and is an all-in-one support supplement.

J

jim623

Though I've never used a toxic supplement, I take Perfect Cycle every day. There are so many toxins in what we eat, drink, breath, ect... Better safe than sorry. It also contains:

R-ALA (R[+]-Alpha Lipoic Acid 200 MG)R-Alpha-Lipoic Acid, a strong liver protectant, has been used successfully for the maintenance of liver health and as a treatment for several toxin-related illnesses. Alpha-Lipoic Acid has been used extensively in Europe for years as a non-toxic nutrient to treat various chemical overdoses such as mushroom poisoning, radiation poisoning and alcoholic hepatitis.

Another benefit of Alpha-Lipoic Acid may be its ability to elevate the levels of glutathione (GSH). Studies show that low levels of glutathione may cause oxidative stress, and cause inflammation and damage organs. Glutathione latches on to toxins and makes them water-soluble enough to be flushed out through your kidneys. The quickest way to rid the liver of toxins is to stimulate glutathione production.

Alhough, Cycle Support does contain more ingredients and looks to be a very solid product. Either way you go you can't go wrong.

S

SwoleT

Awards
I always felt milk thistle alone wasn't as good as some make it seem. Liv 52 got good reviews so thought I'd give it a shot. Haven't heard much on liver longer.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always felt milk thistle alone wasn't as good as some make it seem. Liv 52 got good reviews so thought I'd give it a shot. Haven't heard much on liver longer.
For cycle purposes milk thistle is not enough IMO. If you already have the Liv 52 get some hawthorne berry and use that also.

MC Gun

MC Gun

Banned
Awards
Now liver detox and regenerator is well priced and has everything you need l also use Resveritrol, NAC and Na-Rala for a good protection.

U

UKStrength

Liv 52 is an excellent product but it's certainly not enough on its own for a cycle.

Adding in NAC and ALA would be the bare additions in my eyes to complement it, although an all-in-one product such as Cycle Support would be far superior.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always felt milk thistle alone wasn't as good as some make it seem.....
Probably better! :D More seriously, it depends on the standardization and the amount you use. Have you tried milk thistle extract standardized to the flavonolignan silymarin, and active flavonolignan isomers such as silibinin, and isosilybin B in the same formula? Have you dosed such a formula at, say, 1gr twice daily for a month?

U

UKStrength

Probably better! :D More seriously, it depends on the standardization and the amount you use. Have you tried milk thistle extract standardized to the flavonolignan silymarin, and active flavonolignan isomers such as silibinin, and isosilybin B in the same formula? Have you dosed such a formula at, say, 1gr twice daily for a month?
Where can you get such extracts mate?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
A lot of peope with acne say that milk thistle clears them up for two weeks, before they become used to it. I wonder if the health affects are the same.

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
NAC is good for acetaminophen overdoses and the likes...but not really good for any PH cycles.

I personally like Milk Thistle and SAMe....

khiladi

khiladi

Awards
essentiale-L by natterman, Liv-52 DS (double strenght caps, bigger brown ones) and tyler's liver detox. If u have the money throw in some SAM-e.

G

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
Do they give you a reason as to why you can not bring it into the country?
its the powdered hawthorn berry, i belive no powdered plant matter is allowed in without an import licence, you can get it every now and again from some aussie on line shops but its always out of stock

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
its the powdered hawthorn berry, i belive no powdered plant matter is allowed in without an import licence, you can get it every now and again from some aussie on line shops but its always out of stock
Damn that is harsh.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Cycle Support is far more comprehensive and is an all-in-one support supplement.
I use cycle support and I'm not even on a cycle. I find it to be very useful for general liver and organ function health !

Cycle Support, Reverse, GUT Health, and Animal Pak are, and should be staples.

:cool:

A

AnabolicFrenz

Awards
I used to pop pills when I was younger (very stupid) and drink a lot, I know I F'd up my liver as I finally stopped because every time I would get messed up my liver would hurt, really freakin bad. That is when I really started getting into health stuff and getting my body into shape. By itself I noticed the biggest difference from Milk Thistle by itself with 80% silymarin standardized. I ended up taking Milk Thistle, SAMe, NAC, and alpha lipoic acid. The NAC and ALA compliment each other nicely. Also I read somewhere that high doses of Vit C+Vit B-complex has been used to successfully treat Jaundice and other liver related illnesses so I eventually used high doses of C+B aswell. I can now drink every now and then and have no pain, had my liver enzymes checked and im good to go.