phenibut withdrawl - AnabolicMinds.com

phenibut withdrawl

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Senior Member
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1546

    Reputation

    phenibut withdrawl


    So I saw alot of posts on phenibut on this forum and thought it'd be a nice alternative to that occasional beer I like to have when I go out. I bought 100g for $20 and took a few grams occasionally and then friday I ran out.

    Sunday the unexpected withdrawl started. I mean I heard there were some withdrawl symptoms but holysh*t. I mean I am so depressed I can't drag myself to the gym, I can barely function at work, I have no appetite, I sleep no more than 2 hours a night but am never tired, my palms are constantly sweating, I have the worst shakes, I'm sweating but I'm freezing cold......

    wtf.... pray for me guys. I feel awful. Does anyone know how long this will last? I can't function.
    Back.... for real this time

  2. New Member
    Chops89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    321
    Rep Power
    227

    Reputation

    How frequently were you taking it? How many grams? I limit myself to a MAXIMUM of once per week and never more than 5 grams. When I first started using it I would use it every couple days and when I ran out I experienced the depression and inability to sleep, hence why I limit myself so much now. It only lasted a few days for me.

    I've heard of many people having similar withdrawals as you and most seem to agree that it only lasts about a week, possibly a bit longer. I would say you should start feeling better in about 3 or 4 days at most. Just hang in there. You'll be fine.
  3. Senior Member
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1546

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Chops89 View Post
    How frequently were you taking it? How many grams? I limit myself to a MAXIMUM of once per week and never more than 5 grams. When I first started using it I would use it every couple days and when I ran out I experienced the depression and inability to sleep, hence why I limit myself so much now. It only lasted a few days for me.

    I've heard of many people having similar withdrawals as you and most seem to agree that it only lasts about a week, possibly a bit longer. I would say you should start feeling better in about 3 or 4 days at most. Just hang in there. You'll be fine.
    Thanks bro. Yeah I was taking it once weekly and only a gram but it didn't seem to have a downside so gradually I upped it. Last week I took it 3 times, about 4-6 grams each dose and it kept be feeling good for about 24 hours. Last dose was Friday and depression kicked in on Monday. I'm starting to snap out of it but still feeling pretty down. Hopefully by the weekend I'll be my normal self. As for me I think I'm going to stay off it.
    Back.... for real this time
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    Flaw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Power
    1401

    Reputation

    I felt what I think is permanent side effects to phenibut. As much as I want to use it sometimes I stay away from it anymore. I feel it left me with more anxiety and more sleep issues. It's no joke. Strongest legal anxiety supplement I've tried.
    “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

    WHAT has science offered?
  5. Senior Member
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1546

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    I felt what I think is permanent side effects to phenibut. As much as I want to use it sometimes I stay away from it anymore. I feel it left me with more anxiety and more sleep issues. It's no joke. Strongest legal anxiety supplement I've tried.
    Geez please don't tell me this feeling could be permanent. I'm honestly unable to function i feel so down and depressed right now. I'm crawling out of my skin. I only used that one 100g tub of it. This really sucks.
    Back.... for real this time
  6. Advanced Member
    Skigazzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    627
    Rep Power
    17463

    Reputation

    Wow, 6 gram dosing, I'd be SOOOO sick on that. 500mg works for me...if I took 6g I think I'd sleep for 20 hours and wake up in a pool of vomit.

    I'd just stay off it, its gonna get better.

    Rhodiola always seemed to make my pheni. hangovers go away, so Id say try using that during the with.

    (I very rarely touch this stuff anymore, doens't feel 'good' to me anymore)
  7. Senior Member
    Flaw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Power
    1401

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    Geez please don't tell me this feeling could be permanent. I'm honestly unable to function i feel so down and depressed right now. I'm crawling out of my skin. I only used that one 100g tub of it. This really sucks.
    The worst of it shouldn't be. The brain will rebound. It's just that you desensitize the gaba receptor in your brain that phenibut targets. Also has a effect on dopamine as well. I've gone through a couple 100g tubs. I still have some left. I don't know why I haven't thrown it out yet. There's a reason why it's a pharm drug in other countries.
    “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

    WHAT has science offered?
  8. New Member
    DenDestroys's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    220
    Rep Power
    176

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    I felt what I think is permanent side effects to phenibut. As much as I want to use it sometimes I stay away from it anymore. I feel it left me with more anxiety and more sleep issues. It's no joke. Strongest legal anxiety supplement I've tried.

    Sounds like me with xanax. I would've been better to never get on the ****, than to deal with all the after-effects.
  9. Senior Member
    Flaw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Power
    1401

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DenDestroys View Post
    Sounds like me with xanax. I would've been better to never get on the ****, than to deal with all the after-effects.
    I hear horror stories about benzo's and benzo withdrawl that's why i've always tried to stay away from them. Unfortunately I managed to mess myself up without pharms. I've managed to reach similar effects with different combinations of supplements. I've learned just cause they are natural or legal doesn't make them safe.
    “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

    WHAT has science offered?
  10. Senior Member
    lonewolf0420's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,314
    Rep Power
    1678

    Reputation

    You guys that are taking the larger 5-6g dose, are you dividing the dosage or all at once?
  11. New Member
    Chops89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    321
    Rep Power
    227

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    You guys that are taking the larger 5-6g dose, are you dividing the dosage or all at once?
    I divide into 2 doses, 2 hours apart. I'll typically take 2 grams, wait 2 hours, then take another 2.
  12. Elite Member
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,669
    Rep Power
    191394

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Phenibut is very similar to benzo's, from all I've read and experienced.
    OP, the good news is, these side effects will not last forever. stay vigilant and after a period of time it will get better!!!

    that's a pretty hefty dose of phenibut. i usually take about 1g and feel the effects. phenibut should be respected, it's not like creatine...

    GABA withdrawals are no laughing matter. just stay away from it or taper your dose down to 1g per day, then 1g every other day, etc. try to stay away from alcohol when your coming off, as well.
  13. New Member
    LoveMeSexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    119

    Reputation

    Does piracetam really work for withdrawal?
  14. New Member
    comacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    388
    Rep Power
    278

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeSexy View Post
    Does piracetam really work for withdrawal?
    heard this too, wonder if this true

    if piracetam and other cholinergic compounds can resenstize GABA receptors then maybe so and having high level choline may not cause the depressive mode....this all guesswork, would love to hear some real feedback
  15. Elite Member
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,669
    Rep Power
    191394

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeSexy View Post
    Does piracetam really work for withdrawal?
    Extremely doubtful. You ever heard of a piracetam hangover the next day? There's no magic bullet for a gaba withdrawal
  16. Senior Member
    kingdong's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    8205

    Reputation

    I think I read somewhere that this stuff technically isn't even a natural extract, but a man made chemical. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  17. Senior Member
    luclyluciano's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,494
    Rep Power
    930

    Reputation

    Bump, on this! So many on this forum seem to be in LOVE with Phenibut or maybe it's a real addiction. Just started Phenibut xt, and found this thread. Now I am worried about addiction and withdrawl.
  18. Senior Member
    lonewolf0420's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,314
    Rep Power
    1678

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    Bump, on this! So many on this forum seem to be in LOVE with Phenibut or maybe it's a real addiction. Just started Phenibut xt, and found this thread. Now I am worried about addiction and withdrawl.
    Start out with low dose, to assess your tolerance. Phenibut is not an everyday supplement.
  19. New Member
    Chops89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    321
    Rep Power
    227

    Reputation

    As long as you don't take too much too often you'll be ok. I can tell you it's not an addiction for me. I still limit myself to once a week at most as I said in the second post. I've gone 3+ weeks without it and experienced no withdrawal by dosing this way.
  20. Senior Member
    matthias7's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,627
    Rep Power
    879

    Reputation

    Oh CC .. sorry to hear this bro.

    Firstly this isn't a problem. A GABA agonist and a mild one at that isn't terminal at all. There's no damage to your body - you've just got a dependence. Just wean it.

    I'd go to your physcian and work out a method of tapering down phenibut. You can't quit it at present - you need to taper.

    Don't touch benzos even if your physician offers them, never ever unless you've drink problems. Buspar could well help here - it is probably more potent than phenibut and has no tolerance problems. You taper phenibut and up Buspar and then later taper Buspar would be a cool way out.

    Also GABOB could help alleviate some of the symptoms.

    What you've gotta understand is there is a route of just about most problems - unless dopamine euphoria related (aka stupidity IMO but the popular view is [sadly] different).

    I pray bro! .. but you've gotta believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    So I saw alot of posts on phenibut on this forum and thought it'd be a nice alternative to that occasional beer I like to have when I go out. I bought 100g for $20 and took a few grams occasionally and then friday I ran out.

    Sunday the unexpected withdrawl started. I mean I heard there were some withdrawl symptoms but holysh*t. I mean I am so depressed I can't drag myself to the gym, I can barely function at work, I have no appetite, I sleep no more than 2 hours a night but am never tired, my palms are constantly sweating, I have the worst shakes, I'm sweating but I'm freezing cold......

    wtf.... pray for me guys. I feel awful. Does anyone know how long this will last? I can't function.
  21. Senior Member
    matthias7's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,627
    Rep Power
    879

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    try to stay away from alcohol when your coming off, as well.
    Oh very good point indeed (boy RR is good). Alcohol is a GABA agonist.
  22. New Member
    RSS Admin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    89

    Reputation

    GABA withdrawal can last a very, very long time. Symptoms can can be felt for up to 6 months depending on your dosage and duration of use and you may never feel the same. I am not saying this to scare you, but rather to warn you and others that this is not something one wants to play around with (I speak from personal experience). The pharmaceutical they give you for GABA withdrawal is called chlordiazepoxide (brand name Librium), a benzodiazepine with an extremely short half life, meant to enter the body, satisfy the receptors, and exit quickly. Given the fact that you obviously will not be able to obtain this drug, your best bet is to taper down off of the substance because quitting cold turkey can have serious side effects, including seizures. I would start with a dose far lower than what would normally make you feel the effect of the substance and gradually work your way up until you feel the cessation of the withdrawal symptoms. From there, taper down weekly. In the mean time let someone know what's going on in case they need to check on you.

    The common side effects you'll feel are insomnia, weight loss, depression, diarrhea, anxiety, tremors, cold sweats, feeling "disconnected" from your body, and lack of appetite.
  23. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78135

    Reputation Reputation

    Jeez, scary thread.
    NSCA - CSCS
  24. New Member
    Chops89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    321
    Rep Power
    227

    Reputation

    Guys, keep in mind that CrazyChemist posted this almost 4 months ago. I'm pretty sure he's fine now.
  25. Senior Member
    lonewolf0420's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,314
    Rep Power
    1678

    Reputation

    Or is he
  26. Professional Member
    Jasen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,048
    Rep Power
    6863

    Reputation

    try some htp5 with vit d3? some melatonin maybe as well i heared weed is a downregulator for the receptor so that might help as well
    ~ IRON LIVER™________ *[It's just advice man, that's all it is! You can take or do whatever the FCUK you wanna do!]
  27. Senior Member
    lonewolf0420's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,314
    Rep Power
    1678

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasen View Post
    i heared weed is a downregulator for the receptor so that might help as well
    Which receptor might that be?
  28. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78135

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    Which receptor might that be?
    the one on the left?
    NSCA - CSCS
  29. Professional Member
    Jasen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,048
    Rep Power
    6863

    Reputation

    the one that gets over burned from using phenibut i belive i read about ti sometime ago on here
    ~ IRON LIVER™________ *[It's just advice man, that's all it is! You can take or do whatever the FCUK you wanna do!]
  30. New Member
    BigNutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    232

    Reputation

    How this stuff is even legal is beyond me. Ive experienced benzodiazapene withdrawals, as well as opiate withdrawals, and let me tell you, I took 2 doses of Somnidren, just 2 doses, and the following few days after were some of the worst days in recent memory (and this was a while ago). Horrible feeling. Way worse then the worst day of an opiate withdrawal.

    One thing Ive learned with supps is be very careful and thoroughly research what your doing.
  31. Senior Member
    sanchezgreg18's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,682
    Rep Power
    916

    Reputation

    phenibut withdrawal is not even close to true benzo or opiate withdrawal. ive experienced both. opiate withdrawal was hell, 9 months on OC upwards of 240-320mg/day then 0mg. and to top it off i was in jail
  32. New Member
    spartan300's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  140 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    195

    Reputation

    subbed

    if i have time, ill try to look thru my neuroanatomy notes

    this is my i dont like messing with gaba receptors
  33. New Member
    h22t88's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    135
    Rep Power
    149

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sanchezgreg18 View Post
    phenibut withdrawal is not even close to true benzo or opiate withdrawal. ive experienced both. opiate withdrawal was hell, 9 months on OC upwards of 240-320mg/day then 0mg. and to top it off i was in jail
    Yeah...I have to say, I've been using phenibut off and on for around 2 years. I usually work my tolerance up to about 25g a day before I start coming off of it (wash out). I also take 3-4g of Klonopin on top of that. I usually taper down the dose over about three days 15/10/5 and stay on Klonopin. The withdrawl sucks for a good week for me. Just really hopeless depression. Not wanting to do ANYTHING. I don't think it is that bad probably because I've been through multiple benzo and hardcore acohol withdrawls in the past which have landed me in the hospital multiple times with seizures etc. I guess what I'm getting at is, you should slowly taper this stuff down if you are going to use it. I can't even slightly compare the withdrawl to benzo, opiate or alcohol. I talked to CC before he used this and I recommended it to him. He loved it (like everyone) until he experienced the withdrawl. If I knew it was going to be like that for him I would have never told him to try it and I feel bad now. I just got another 500g and am going back on it for a while. It works wonders for me and keeps me off the bottle.
  34. Senior Member
    matthias7's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,627
    Rep Power
    879

    Reputation

    Its a funny thing 'cause you'd have thought e.g. theanine might cause problems but it doesn't. Must be self limiting somehow. There are so many (supplement/drug) levers over the GABA system ... anyway I'll say it again I think Buspar (sp?) should be used instead of phenibut for serious tolerance. Its only a theoretical idea but I don't see why it shouldn't work - should be more potent and zip dependency.
  35. New Member
    h22t88's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    135
    Rep Power
    149

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by matthias7 View Post
    Its a funny thing 'cause you'd have thought e.g. theanine might cause problems but it doesn't. Must be self limiting somehow. There are so many (supplement/drug) levers over the GABA system ... anyway I'll say it again I think Buspar (sp?) should be used instead of phenibut for serious tolerance. Its only a theoretical idea but I don't see why it shouldn't work - should be more potent and zip dependency.
    Could you give me a run down again on the Buspar theory. I know we've talked a little about it before but I forgot where it was. Buspar instead of phenibut for anxiety?
  36. Senior Member
    lonewolf0420's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,314
    Rep Power
    1678

    Reputation

    I love theanine. The tolerance just builds so quickly, and 500-1000mg is the effective dosage. A very under-rated supplement.
  37. Senior Member
    matthias7's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,627
    Rep Power
    879

    Reputation

    Buspar is a very safe GABA agonist. There is no dependency and it augments (stacks in med. speak) well with lots of things. It will be more effective than phenibut.

    I would go steady with phenibut personally -- tell them you are generating dependency and that using Buspar we can quit it. In the OTC forum I described it in more detail.

    At least check it out with your medic and refer it upwards (they might not want to stack at prescription level). Its just you are using phenibut like a drug and you are better off using pharmaceutical stuff instead.
  38. Senior Member
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1546

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by h22t88 View Post
    Yeah...I have to say, I've been using phenibut off and on for around 2 years. I usually work my tolerance up to about 25g a day before I start coming off of it (wash out). I also take 3-4g of Klonopin on top of that. I usually taper down the dose over about three days 15/10/5 and stay on Klonopin. The withdrawl sucks for a good week for me. Just really hopeless depression. Not wanting to do ANYTHING. I don't think it is that bad probably because I've been through multiple benzo and hardcore acohol withdrawls in the past which have landed me in the hospital multiple times with seizures etc. I guess what I'm getting at is, you should slowly taper this stuff down if you are going to use it. I can't even slightly compare the withdrawl to benzo, opiate or alcohol. I talked to CC before he used this and I recommended it to him. He loved it (like everyone) until he experienced the withdrawl. If I knew it was going to be like that for him I would have never told him to try it and I feel bad now. I just got another 500g and am going back on it for a while. It works wonders for me and keeps me off the bottle.
    Naw don't feel bad bro. It was my own stupid fault for not running it correctly. I let myself run out and then didn't bother ordering more till the withdrawl kicked in completely. Having never really gone thru a withdrawl like that it really sucked, especially because i didnt really see the light at the end of the tunnel. Now that its over and done with I might consider running it again, this time correctly stepping down off the stuff when the time comes. I think it'll be better next time around. And i appreciate all ur help up to this point.
    Back.... for real this time
  39. New Member
    h22t88's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    135
    Rep Power
    149

    Reputation

    You bet CC. I apreciate all your advice as well. Dude, if you want to run it again, the new batch of NP is the sh*it! They weren't just hyping it up about being a lot better. Best stuff on the market right now (and I've tried 'em all). At $135 for 500g you can't beat it. We were using Prima at $40 per 100g because it was the only good brand left.

    Thanks again NP for addressing the potency issue and keeping it affordable even at high doses.
  40. New Member
    h22t88's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    135
    Rep Power
    149

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by matthias7 View Post
    Buspar is a very safe GABA agonist. There is no dependency and it augments (stacks in med. speak) well with lots of things. It will be more effective than phenibut.

    I would go steady with phenibut personally -- tell them you are generating dependency and that using Buspar we can quit it. In the OTC forum I described it in more detail.

    At least check it out with your medic and refer it upwards (they might not want to stack at prescription level). Its just you are using phenibut like a drug and you are better off using pharmaceutical stuff instead.
    Gotcha...I'll look into it. Thing is, I'm almost sure phenibut has to work on other receptors in some ways besides just being a GABA-B agonist. I can take 6 grams of klonopin (potent stuff) or any other benzo and not get 10% of the euphoria that phenibut produces. The massive antidepressant qualities alone make me wonder. Klonopin and drugs of the like don't have anti-depressant effects. So idk. If anyone know more on this subject please chime in.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. HELP!LIFTING&CARDIO WITHDRAWL!!
    By tubbednova in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-17-2011, 05:10 PM
  2. NO-xplode Withdrawl?
    By pdigs in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 08:59 AM
  3. Iraq War Withdrawl Time Table Set
    By anabolicrhino in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 12:35 PM
  4. IRAQ-This the problem with troop withdrawl
    By anabolicrhino in forum Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2007, 07:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in