Ephedra Based Fat Burners?

MuscleMind

Awards
I know ephedra based fat burners are still on the market. Does anyone have any experience with these..if so, which ones are good?
And I know about ECA and all that..just looking to see the fat burners out there.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
ephedra based fat burners that are on the market now contain ephedra extract ( leaves ) , . these products are able to contain ephedra legally and marketed as a weight loss supplement because they contain zero ephedra alkaloids, making them useless.

the best thing you can do [ that works ] is make your own ECA stack using bronkaid from cvs/walgreens ,which contain pure ephedrine, with some caffeine and aspirin tabs.

blueacenut

blueacenut

Awards
the best fat burner that i have tried that has the ephedrine extract is Lipodrene.. works very well. might wanna check it out

Mrjustin

Mrjustin

Awards
second that it does work well, and sometimes when i feel really crazy i take a bronkaid with the lipodrene ;)

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
the best thing you can do [ that works ] is make your own ECA stack using bronkaid from cvs/walgreens ,which contain pure ephedrine, with some caffeine and aspirin tabs.
Exactly what I'm doing. 25mg ephedrine + 200mg caffeine + 200mg aspirin = :wiggle:

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
the old lipodrene was good. i still have 2 bottles left ( exp 08/09 ) it had sida cordifolia ( ephedra alkaloids, not extract from leaves ) i havent used since i got bronkaid.

edit : the only thing good for fatloss in the new lipodrene, is the synephrine, green tea, and the few mg it has of yohimbine.

but, i thought you wanted ECA?

since some of you are not getting it, i will post this up from bodybuilding.com

''Ok, well I must clear up this alkaloid business. I am a chemist who works in the supplement manufacturing business. I know some of the post I am talking about were earlier in the thread, but here is the break down.

There are several different species of ephedra.

Ephedra sinica (Ma Huang) <-high alkaloid content in extracts

Sida Cordifolia <- less alkaloid content

Ephedra Nevadensis <- little to no alkaloid content

+ more

Herbs in general are used in many different ways. For instance no extraction would be referred to as a raw herb powder which is just the dried and milled plant material. This is a highly unconcentrated material. An extract uses a chemical based solvent to "extract" the actives (in this case the alkaloid content) Extracts are much more concentrated in alkaloid content. These can come in 10:1, ratios or percentages thus with ephedra around 8% alkaloid content.

Basically when we refer to an extract it is a concentrated active material that has been drawn/extracted by chemical means out of the raw herb.

In the coming months you will notice ephedra sinica extracts to be obsolete (alkaloid). Right now distributors are able to sell off remaining (old) stock of ephedra sinica products. The ban is in full effect, over the past few years since the initial ban the ruling was still up in the air after it was over turned. Now the FDA has made a stern decision that the ban is 100% in full effect. Many manufacturers were raided such as hi-tech Pharm. and ephedra extracts where confiscated. It is illegal for a manufacturer to market any ephedra alkaloid product as a weight loss or diet aid. Many manufacturers have been selling products with "ephedra extact" however it is generally ephedra nevadensis or some other species with no alkaloid content whatsoever. This is simply to fool the consumer, the FDA has a new rule that products that contain the words "Ephedra Extract" must state that there is no alkaloid content. If you see a label that says Ephedra extract (leaves) You know it is bogus and is not likely to contain any alkaloids because ephedra sinica does not have leaves. They use this as a marketing tool to make people think they are getting something they are not. You would be surprised the things that we see in the lab''.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
ephedra can be bought on its own.

The stuff was supposed to be banned from fat-burners, I suppose there was a loop hole.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
ephedrine can be bought on its own.

please pm me anywhere you can buy mu huang or sida cordifolia on its own in capsulated or tablet form.