Sheesh's "Smelly" Homebrew - Never Buy Deodorant Ever Again!

1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

Sheesh's "Smelly" Homebrew - Never Buy Deodorant Ever Again!

This is a nifty trick that I picked up a while ago, and it's alot more effective than deodorant for killing body odor, you can apply it less often, and it's cheaper!

Ingredients: Generic (CVS, or other pharmacy housebrand) 10% Povidone Iodine solution. I buy a nice 500 mL bottle that usually lasts me a good year or so for $10.00

Tools: Body Scrubber (usually used for body lotion, essentially a big puff ball of a roughish plastic with a string attached to it, while you're at CVS picking up the iodine, snipe

Procedure: Whilst naked prior to your shower (you don't want this stuff staining your clothes, now do ye?), squirt out a little bit of povidone iodine onto the scrubber, and proceed to scrub it onto your neck and under your arm pits. Give it a minute to dry, and the hop in the shower and wash it off. Voila! You're done.

Do this at least once a week, and you'll never have to buy deodorant ever again! No more body odor for you!
    Last edited by Sheesh; 02-24-2004 at 09:34 PM.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.37%

What about being orange Sheesh?
  3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

The Povidone washes out with your shower and leaves no discernible residue of any sort. So no, you won't turn orange.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.31%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

ok.......

I wasn't aware that anyone had troubles with deodorant, either by expense or inconvenience??

Am I completely insane or am I missing the point to this?? I spend maybe $3.50 on deodorant and one stick lasts a reasonably long time. I'm sure this may work but I can't see why one would not want to use deodorant?? Different strokes for different folks I guess.....
  5. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.68%

Quote Originally Posted by jweave23
    ok.......

I wasn't aware that anyone had troubles with deodorant, either by expense or inconvenience??

Am I completely insane or am I missing the point to this?? I spend maybe $3.50 on deodorant and one stick lasts a reasonably long time. I'm sure this may work but I can't see why one would not want to use deodorant?? Different strokes for different folks I guess.....
    Putting on deodorant can be such a pain in the ass. Come on weave where've you been bro.

My wife would definitly think ive lost it if she caught my bathing in iodine. But its always good to know this in case theres ever a strike by the workers at the deodorant plant.

db
  6. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.21%

Now if you could come up with a good anti-perspirant, I'm game. I sweat to damn much, even in the winter. I've tried every type of deodorant/anti-per around and still have the wetness. I even tried Certain Dry (aluminum chloride 12%) still had the wetness. I guess nothing really works.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.43%

Quote Originally Posted by SCORPIO
    Now if you could come up with a good anti-perspirant, I'm game. I sweat to damn much, even in the winter. I've tried every type of deodorant/anti-per around and still have the wetness. I even tried Certain Dry (aluminum chloride 12%) still had the wetness. I guess nothing really works.
    That's what I'm talking about. If a shirt has white sleeves the pits will be forever yellow if I'm wearing it. Even if it's not white it'll be darkened or miscolored in some way. I have no idea why cause I don't think I really sweat that much, but I guess it's enough to stain every single shirt I own.
  8. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

Quote Originally Posted by weave
    I'm sure this may work but I can't see why one would not want to use deodorant??
    Not everyone is a fan of the myriad of chemicals that people put into them. But like you said, different strokes....
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.29%

Reasons why I'm careful with deodorants/anti-perspirants:
    1. Stains clothes
    2. Sometimes hard to wash off - even with scrubbing and can cause buildup on you and on your clothes.
    3. I once had an alergic reaction. My armpits broke out and the bumps bursted and I had lesions for weeks. I was in so much pain I could not put my arms down.

Thank you for the recipe Sheesh, I think I will try that today. If it works then it will be the best $10.00 bucks I'd ever spent.
  10. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

silverSurfer - Let us know how it goes buddy.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.72%

I used to get yellow pit stains on my white-t's and it really pissed me off. One day I noticed my roommate never had any and that is because he uses deodorant only (not anti-perspirant). I always buy just deodorant now and avoid anti-perspirant. I don't sweat any more than normal. All the anti-perspirant ever did for me was give me yellow stains. This method does look interesting though.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.73%

Any updates, silverSurfer?
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.54%

Quote Originally Posted by BingeAndPurge
    That's what I'm talking about. If a shirt has white sleeves the pits will be forever yellow if I'm wearing it. Even if it's not white it'll be darkened or miscolored in some way. I have no idea why cause I don't think I really sweat that much, but I guess it's enough to stain every single shirt I own.
    At least you can wear colors...I wouldn't dare wear red or blue those dark spots creep up even if I wear the STRONG stuff.
  14. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.85%

Quote Originally Posted by SCORPIO
    Try the new Old Spice. Best i've found.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.43%

Quote Originally Posted by The Conqueror
    At least you can wear colors...I wouldn't dare wear red or blue those dark spots creep up even if I wear the STRONG stuff.

No, it happens with them all. my pits in my shirts are all miscoloured. Some are even all hard and crusty depending on how old it is and what I wear it for.

I tried just doing just a plain deodorant before without any anti-per in it and my pits were dark within the hour from sweat. I guess I'm just screwed for life.
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.68%

I would hate to be all of you guys! I'm a fat bastard that can break a sweat wiping my ass and for some reason my pits are always dry. I love it!!
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.31%

I use this in combination with a deodorant and anti-perspirant:

http://www.odaban.com/
  18. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.21%

Quote Originally Posted by dg806
    Try the new Old Spice. Best i've found.
    Tried it, doesn't work.....still get the wetness. It seems not to be as bad as it used to be when I was younger, but it's still there. What has been working 'somewhat' lately are the right guard and gilette power strip anti-p/deodor....you know the ones with the colored stripe running through the middle. I also found some mitchum 'hydro-solid' on clearance at target. It's uncented and seems to dry on contact. So I apply it first, then the gilette.

Here are some I've tried:
    sure...reg and soft soid (the old soft/solid formula worked awsome, stayed dry all day and hard to wash off in the shower)
    degree....reg and soft soid
    right guard
    old spice-new
    mitchum
    arm&hammer
    arid x-dry
    certain dry

Also found that trimming hair under arms helps reduce wetness/odor. The hair holds wetness and is perfect breeding ground for bacteria, which causes odor.
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92%

Just go to the doctor and get the prescription strength Drysol. I put it on once a week and I sweat no more.
  20. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.82%

I have a problem w/ deodorant cuz I have thoousands of stretch marks in my pits, as well as other places. Their so bad that they look like somebody had a field day with a pocketknife and slashed them up. So, I have a problem with all that really thin skin sticking together. Its like it gets really raw, and it will make it hard to move my arms in a certain way. I know, doesn't sound too enticing, does it? LOL, so I use Gillette gel now and it seems to somehow lubricate the marks/slashes in a way all the while still keeping me dry, its hard to explain. So, if anyone else has that problem, use that gel, it helps out a lot...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Never asking for a random spot ever again
    By OnionKnight in forum General Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-02-2013, 04:59 PM
  2. <>< Fish Burps Suck. NEVER WORRY ABOUT THEM AGAIN! ><>
    By VaughnTrue in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-19-2013, 10:36 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 02:06 PM
  4. Replies: 0