Why isnt casein protein cheaper?
- 09-07-2009, 06:24 PM
- 09-07-2009, 06:29 PM
09-07-2009, 08:32 PM
casein by itself is not too costly but all the better ones use micellar casein...which is the premium goodie and costs more...
09-07-2009, 10:04 PM
Been wondering this myself...if milk prices are crashing, then why aren't whey, casein etc prices following suit??? Mostly because companies LIKE charging $12-15 per pound and have no real reason to change methinks.
09-07-2009, 10:09 PM
I believe Whey is cheaper since it is a byproduct of manufacturing of dairy products that just need casein i.e. cheese.
I have noticed a slight decrease in whey prices; the rise and fall of commodity prices sometimes have a time lag. I never studied business but I do read the economist and I've seen this mentioned in reference to a few other industries. A good person to ask would be someone at TP or ATW.
09-08-2009, 12:01 AM
For clarification...I was talking about the big MSM protein companies like Muscle Milk, ON etc. They don't seem to be lowering their prices in tune with milk prices per se.
A lag in prices for whey/casein would indeed make sense, but it seems like whey should have fallen by now. Dairies are going out of business left and right across the country.
09-08-2009, 12:25 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By bud suniga in forum SupplementsReplies: 35Last Post: 12-18-2010, 06:04 PM
- By zodiiac523 in forum SupplementsReplies: 36Last Post: 09-19-2010, 06:16 AM
- By thahotboy in forum SupplementsReplies: 28Last Post: 10-04-2008, 02:35 AM
- By nexed23 in forum SupplementsReplies: 11Last Post: 03-31-2008, 10:56 AM
- By OmarJackson in forum Weight LossReplies: 13Last Post: 04-27-2005, 07:06 PM