Dextrose PostWorkout

ericisfly

Awards
I plan on buying NOW Foods 2lb Dextrose.

I am going to use 20g postworkout along with 30g of protein and 5g of leucine.

I really don't understand the waxy maize along with maltodextrin. I think waxy was shown to be slow digesting etc and malto is a complex carb but similar to dextrose.

Anyway hows this sound? I want to take advantage of the insulin spike. I never used carbs in a shake pwo before.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I plan on buying NOW Foods 2lb Dextrose.

I am going to use 20g postworkout along with 30g of protein and 5g of leucine.

I really don't understand the waxy maize along with maltodextrin. I think waxy was shown to be slow digesting etc and malto is a complex carb but similar to dextrose.

Anyway hows this sound? I want to take advantage of the insulin spike. I never used carbs in a shake pwo before.
Honestly, I don't think you'd be able to tell the difference between using dextrose, maltodextrin, waxy maize, or a combination. I never noticed a difference whatsoever. They all create an insulin spike rather quickly. When I use a carb powder, I usually go with maltodextrin because it's not as sweet.

To answer your inquiry... yes, dextrose is fine. As for 20g, that depends on a lot of factors, including bodyweight, current diet, goals, etc.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Honestly, I don't think you'd be able to tell the difference between using dextrose, maltodextrin, waxy maize, or a combination. I never noticed a difference whatsoever. They all create an insulin spike rather quickly. When I use a carb powder, I usually go with maltodextrin because it's not as sweet.

To answer your inquiry... yes, dextrose is fine. As for 20g, that depends on a lot of factors, including bodyweight, current diet, goals, etc.
keep it on the low side if you have to use it. I prefer natural sugars from fruit etc . . . and before everyone harps on about 'fructose', the benefits of all that added VMA outways an empty carb source

ericisfly

Awards
okay thanks guys. I had to go off anecdotal evidence.

My goal is just recomposition and strength gain. I just said 20g because I spoke with a dietitian. I was also worried about weight gain (fat) from the carbs. I am using the carbs for the nutrient shuttle and increase GF

I am 5'8 155 pounds. I'm trying to get back to a solid dry 165. I am doing a 5x5 routine with added exercises (bicep curl/shrugs). Usually push hard ending in failure most of the time.

Lastly, its okay to take the protein/carbs/leucine mixed in water all at once? I take it within 10-30 minutes after workout.

oh.

I'm allergic to most fruits. I dont know why. It makes my mouth very itchy and makes my lips swollen.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
okay thanks guys. I had to go off anecdotal evidence.

My goal is just recomposition and strength gain. I just said 20g because I spoke with a dietitian. I was also worried about weight gain (fat) from the carbs. I am using the carbs for the nutrient shuttle and increase GF

I am 5'8 155 pounds. I'm trying to get back to a solid dry 165. I am doing a 5x5 routine with added exercises (bicep curl/shrugs). Usually push hard ending in failure most of the time.

Lastly, its okay to take the protein/carbs/leucine mixed in water all at once? I take it within 10-30 minutes after workout.

oh.

I'm allergic to most fruits. I dont know why. It makes my mouth very itchy and makes my lips swollen.
protein/carbs/leucine mixed in water is good to go :afro:

GICH!