Would cissus help with a rotator cuff tear?

mrh86

Awards
I received the MRI results on my left shoulder last week, and the results showed that there was a tear in my rotator cuff, which is causing my biceps tendon to be in the wrong place. A lot of people on this forum swear by Cissus, and I'm wondering if it could help any in this situation. I'm going to be going to physical therapy either way.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes and no. It'll help the pain, and speed healing. However, a tear is a tear, and it's not going to stitch it back together; in addition, it may help with the pain, making you feel better, and allowing you to do a workout you might not have done otherwise, injuring it further.

Take USPLabs Super Cissus, AND SEE THE THERAPIST.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes and no. It'll help the pain, and speed healing. However, a tear is a tear, and it's not going to stitch it back together; in addition, it may help with the pain, making you feel better, and allowing you to do a workout you might not have done otherwise, injuring it further.

Take USPLabs Super Cissus, AND SEE THE THERAPIST.
This is pretty spot on. SuperCissus Rx will help due to the therapeutic tonic effect as well as its ability to shuttle nutrients to connective/white tissue; all working to restore optimal tissue health.

SuperCissus Rx™ = (Herbal engineered specific Cissus Quadrangularis 10%)™ = Shuttles nutrients to white tissue. Maintains a powerful, therapeutic tonic and analgesic effect!

• Contains compounds that may work to promote tendon and ligament health.
• Has been used for centuries in Ayruvedic system.
• Does not contain glucosamine, choindroitin or msm.
• Inhibits the proliferation of cytokines, the signaling molecules that can promote painful tissue destruction!
We cannot make any direct claims in regards to 'rebuilding' your tissue but it may work to promote the health of such tissue.

elvys

Awards
I had the same problem and my MRI also came back with a partial tear. I was schedule for surgery to repair the tear. In the meantime, I asked my doctor for a cortisone shot which he gave me right on my injured shoulder. Two days after my cortisone shot, I began using a TENS machine and I ice my shoulder twice a day. In addition, I use cissus. 6 weeks later, my shoulder never felt this good since I was in high school (that's 17 years ago). In short, I don't know if it was the cissus, the cortisone shot, the TENS, the ice or the combination of everything. My shoulder feels great! BTW, I'm 35 y/o

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^^This. Making sure that you rehabilitate your injury correctly is also crucial to your recovery.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

getsum27

getsum27

Awards
i have a partial tear also and am using cissus right now, not sure how much it is helping but things are a little better. i thought cortisone shorts were a no-no because they actually break down tissue? i am also using an ultrasound machine i bought too, so this may be alleviating some of the problems.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
ultrasound machine i bought too,.
Wow expensive? You need a physio if your doing ultrasound 'cause you need the exercises to get the tendon/muscle back in place. The point of ultrasound is to gently cause disruption and use physio to get correct the healing right. It ain't something I know about except for a single tendon injury.

getsum27

getsum27

Awards
i went to a physio and he said it should help, however, he did explain all the things you mentioned to me. i mean it is torn off partially, so I don't know about it repairing it. I use it to repair the part that is still connected and use it to warm up with before I work out. anyway, i could be way off with my thinking. I'm not in the States to have the luxury to go to a physio unfortunately. the machine is a small hand held one, and it cost $500. with all the shoulder and joint issues i think it is a good investment.