Supplement routine

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  205 lbs.

Supplement routine

I'm tring to find a basis for a good supplement program I'm 5'7" about 205, I am tring to get more into a cutting cycle but wanna continue building muscle, but the main objective is to trim up. Right now I take muscle milk and that's it I am debating on adding a mono creatine and some olive oil, and possibly a amino acids supplement what do you guys think. Any suggestions will greatly appreciated

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

i would stop drinking muscle mils and get a better 100% whey powder and make it your self and get protein from whole foods as well like chicken breast fish beef( keep it low on beef if your cutting) Lower your carb intake and do more cardio before lifting weights and eat a bowl of oatmeal in the morning with a scoop of whey and some blueberries strawberries wutever to take u out of the catabolic state and getting ur metabolism going. eat six small meals a day thats my best advice
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  205 lbs.

I mix the muscle milk my self two scoops with milk every night about have an hour after I work out, and I know the spaces out smaller meals to keep the metabolism working but hard with my schedule, thanks for the advice why whey if I may I ask
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OSMBR View Post
    i would stop drinking muscle mils and get a better 100% whey powder and make it your self and get protein from whole foods as well like chicken breast fish beef( keep it low on beef if your cutting) Lower your carb intake and do more cardio before lifting weights and eat a bowl of oatmeal in the morning with a scoop of whey and some blueberries strawberries wutever to take u out of the catabolic state and getting ur metabolism going. eat six small meals a day thats my best advice
    bingo.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.

100% whey is low fat and no carbs, plus low calories... muscle milk has more fat and mostly casien protein (IIRC)

better for trimming up.
  6. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ticket03 View Post
    I'm tring to find a basis for a good supplement program I'm 5'7" about 205, I am tring to get more into a cutting cycle but wanna continue building muscle, but the main objective is to trim up. Right now I take muscle milk and that's it I am debating on adding a mono creatine and some olive oil, and possibly a amino acids supplement what do you guys think. Any suggestions will greatly appreciated
    Start by using the basic staples:
    * Creatine
    * Multivitamin
    * Good Fats (these can be got in your diet through fish oils, olive oil, flaxseed oil, peanut butter, etc.)
    * Protein Powder (you should get as much protein as you can from real food and supplement to make up what you cannot get from food or when eating is inconvenient)
    * BCAAs (some protein powders already contain these, so an extra product is not needed)

You should ALWAYS be using these supplements, regardless of your goal.

If you want to "trim up" then you should look predominantly at your diet, since generally fat loss is mostly in your diet. You also need to be training appropriately.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 04:26 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 03:18 AM
  3. Best PWO meal/supplement routine.
    By FitModel in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 10:02 AM
  4. Need help choosing a supplement/routine
    By tome1128 in forum Supplements