Zinc(as Monomethionine AndAspartate)
Magnesium(as Aspartate)
Vitamin B6(as Pyridoxine HCL)

Any issues with ingredient changes?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Is magnesium citrate supposed to be better than magnesium oxide?

sjfou

Awards
Dont know mate, thats why im asking the AM folk!

Just got these options too:

Magnesium Carbonate

Magnesium Chloride

Magnesium Citrate

Magnesium Gluconate

Magnesium Glycinate

Magnesium Phosphate

Magnesium Sulphate

Zinc Acetate

Zinc Citrate

Zinc Gluconate

Zinc Picolinate

Zinc Sulphate

marco wolf

marco wolf

Awards
  • Established
-ates are usually considered better than -ides.

I use zinc glycinate and magnesiun citrate.

sjfou

Awards
So the form of B6, Zinc or Mag is fairly insignificant?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Well, while good absorption is deffinately...good, the whole point of ZMA is to fill zink and magnesium defishiocies(spelling?) This should be relatively easy with out super zink and super magnesium. From what I hear, the B is just to give you cool dreams. Keep in mind that I'm not a scientist, but I do have some experience.

sjfou

Awards
OK - i might ask a handful of potential chemist & see what they recommend for availablity & get a bottom-end/cheap blend & top of the line blend quoted...

marco wolf

marco wolf

Awards
  • Established
So the form of B6, Zinc or Mag is fairly insignificant?
Magnesium oxide doesn't work as well as magnesium citrate. However, if you're on a budget and can't afford the citrate, oxide is better than nothing. The recommendations the pharmacist gave you are good, imo.

I use zinc glycinate instead of zinc picolinate because it's chelated. The only reason I use a chelated zinc is because zinc sometimes has absorption problems associated with other minerals, like calcium. This way, I don't have to worry about it so much. Otherwise, zinc picolinate is considered to be one of the better zincs to take.

I took a chelated magnesium glycinate for a while, but to get an effective dose it was kind of expensive, so I went back to taking magnesiun citrate.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I remember reading somewhere that chelating zink actually makes it less effective, but I couldn't tell you where.

marco wolf

marco wolf

Awards
  • Established
I remember reading somewhere that chelating zink actually makes it less effective, but I couldn't tell you where.
The reason I take a chelated zinc is because I use alot of dairy products. Milk, cream, sour cream, butter, cottage cheese. So, my calcium intake is high. Otherwise, I'd just take zinc picolinate.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I thought that magnesium was the one that had a problem with calcium?

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
i just go with zmk from millennium sport technologies, tried, proven and quality and great prices