Losing Weight Without Training

sjfou

Awards
Stupid Q i know, obvious answer to drop calories, anything else i can do help?

I got punched from behind by an arsehole wearing a set of knuckle dusters last Fri night, got 2 rotated vertebrae (C1 & C2), 2 compressed vertebrae (C6 & C7) & nerve damage, my doctors have told me NO physical activity for 2 weeks, then light work for an unknown period of time, who knows when i can strength train again - anyway, i need to do all i can to keep my weight low, i do not know how long ill be out action...

Before this i was on a carb-cycle type diet, should i continue with this but dropping calories? Any supps i can take to help?

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
anabolic pump definitely.

took it while i was in costa rica with an uncontrolled diet and drinking imperial beer.
didnt gain any fat and didnt lose any muscle

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Stupid Q i know, obvious answer to drop calories, anything else i can do help?

I got punched from behind by an arsehole wearing a set of knuckle dusters last Fri night, got 2 rotated vertebrae (C1 & C2), 2 compressed vertebrae (C6 & C7) & nerve damage, my doctors have told me NO physical activity for 2 weeks, then light work for an unknown period of time, who knows when i can strength train again - anyway, i need to do all i can to keep my weight low, i do not know how long ill be out action...

Before this i was on a carb-cycle type diet, should i continue with this but dropping calories? Any supps i can take to help?
Actually, you don't need to drop your calories (or too much anyways) at all. Work out what your NEW maintenance calories would be (i.e. with a low activity level) and then eat around maintenance every day. perhaps calorie (or carbohydrate) cycle, with a 2-3 days ~200 calories below maintenance and then 1 day above maintenance (the extra calories coming from carbohydrates on the higher days).

Once you can start doing "light work", then recalculate your maintenance, and go from there. You can do walking, swimming, etc. (i.e. things that won't aggravate your back) once you start back at activity again. I recommend that you go to a good physiotherapist or trainer and get a GOOD rehabilitation programme (if you have not already) and follow it; it will make all the difference in your recovery.

As for supplements, you don't really need any. However, I was in the same boat as you re injury and not allowed to exercise (or exercise lightly) earlier this year. I didn't train for 8 weeks and I didn't gain fat/weight (I didn't lose it either) and my diet stayed the same (then again, I eat a lot). I continued using my supplements, even though I wasn't training, RPM, Drive, NeoVar Recomped, and IGF-2 included among them. The product that made the most difference for me was the IGF-2; whenever I am using IGF-2 I stay lean (and even get leaner), even if my training and/or diet remains UNchanged from my norm.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT