My Shaker Cup Smells

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
So...I left one of my shaker cups in my car after drinking a protein drink for the past two months when it was 90 degrees plus and went to clean it out the other day and

HOLY ****ING ****TTTTTTTTTTT

:paranoid::paranoid::paranoid::paranoid::yikes::yikes::yikes::crying::crying::crying::aargh::aargh::aargh::run::run::run:

The smell filled my entire house when I opened the lid. It is stuck in the plastic even after two super dish washer cycles. Shaker cup is going in the garbage.

Anyone else done this before?

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
yessir. i do it all the time.

my wife says she'll leave me next time i do it. :)

i wait til she leaves for the day then i pop it open to clean it... even when she gets home she says she can still smell it LOL

hearno

Awards
It didn't even take 3 days for my last one to get so bad I had to trash it. It's only 90 out but the car interior turns into an oven and bakes it. It really is nasty.

Xuchilbara

Awards
Ive done this twice. One time I accidently left a shakercup in my car for two weeks. The smell was terrifying.

GetDatFool

GetDatFool

Awards
i just keep gatorade bottles and use em as shaker cups. am i missing out on anything with the shaker cup?

OutWorkU

Awards
I've done this at my office a few times. My co-workers get pissed lol. Usually after a few washers, the smell subsides but I've never baked a shaker cup in my car during the summer. I'd say it's time for a new shaker cup.

outspiral

Awards
I think this is the #1 killer of protein cups, hands down. I've accidentally murdered several shaker bottles. One in particular I remember I left for at least a month and apparently the top cap was just slightly open... So I looked inside and there was a nice thriving family of maggots YUUUMMMMMM
So i said screw it, popped in some water and 2 scoops of optimum and chugged 'er down
jk

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
I cant imagine how bad that was, but I will tell you, it doesnt take that long to start stinking bad. Ive done that a couple of times, over the years and even after only a few days in the car in the baking sun, the cup is a lost cause. Next time dont even open it, just throw it away.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I cant imagine how bad that was, but I will tell you, it doesnt take that long to start stinking bad. Ive done that a couple of times, over the years and even after only a few days in the car in the baking sun, the cup is a lost cause. Next time dont even open it, just throw it away.
No doubt brother. It don't take long, and I won't open it either.

Trinstop

Awards
Ugh i know how bad it can smell after only a day, let alone 2 months. Throw the thing away lol.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
I do this all the time... clorox works wonders...

kurtphyre

kurtphyre

Awards
I do this all the time... clorox works wonders...
So Clorox gets rid of the smell? I've never tossed one away because that damn Blender Bottles are $6 each. I just suck up the smell and keep reusing.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah. Just rinse it out a little and throw some clorox in there and shake it and let it sit and then rinse and wash... works every time for me

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
I grow up in Guam I have left my shaker cup in my car 1 time only because I Vomited all over the dam car when I open it:puke:

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
I grow up in Guam I have left my shaker cup in my car 1 time only because I Vomited all over the dam car when I open it:puke:
:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Holy crap I almost pissed myself laughing, thats so funny and so NOT funny at the same time.

:icon_lol:

jfkimble3

Awards
jeeze man even just leaving one in the sink for like 3 days ruined one of mine...but it was mixed with milk so that probably didnt help matters

Jimmy Alto

Awards
I rinse mine out as soon as I'm done drinking out of them, unfortunately someone in the house keeps turning them upside down and just the smell of that after a day is pretty bad. Can't imagine how bad it would be sitting in the car lol

medims

Awards
Dude you are nto alone. We have all done it. Soak it in a little bleach, dish detergent and water and it will kill most of the smell.

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
I think this is the #1 killer of protein cups, hands down. I've accidentally murdered several shaker bottles. One in particular I remember I left for at least a month and apparently the top cap was just slightly open... So I looked inside and there was a nice thriving family of maggots YUUUMMMMMM
So i said screw it, popped in some water and 2 scoops of optimum and chugged 'er down
jk
Bit of extra protein there I'd imagine! :mischievous:

I left mine in the car once and I swear, after a week, an alcoholic gorilla must've emptied it out and shat in it on his way home from a night on the guinness at the local curry house - i swear it was pure evil in that shaker:firedevil:

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Bahahaha. Hilarity. Glad I am not the only one. I am guessing this is the top reason they can keep selling us shaker cups. Luckily I had another one that didn't take quite the beating. I am sure this won't be the last time...it is so damn hard to remember/want to clean it out after the gym.

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
I lost one and found it later in my shed, under some stuff i was moving still had left over Purple wrath in it, i didnt even smell it as it had pressure in it chucked it straight into the bin

PosterBoy

Awards
Bicarbonate of soda is the answer. Put a tablespoon of it in your shaker and fill with water and leave over night and the smells are gone.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
I forgot I had my shaker in my hockey bag and it was sitting in my hockey bag + in my trunk most of the summer. Going on 4 yrs unwashed hockey gear plus sitting in the heat, it was the most foul thing ever i made my bro take a good inhale

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
yea i left a thermos in my jeep for about 4 months last year (during the summer). Just kept looking at it everyday afraid to open it. Whatever was in it was black when I opened it. I gagged and promptly through it in the trash. That won't happen again

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
I have like 5 shakers and they all smell awful..lol I usually let them set overnite with dishwashn liq and that usually takes care of it till i leave them in suv again.

EZDUZIT

EZDUZIT

Awards
After using, rince right away with soapy water. If your at the gym rince it out and leave
the lid off.l never store my cup with the lid capped.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
can somebody produce a shaker bottle with a non-odor leaching coating in it??... similar to those stainless SIGG water bottles? the plastic in shaker cups leaches the odor like a mofo.

i'd buy it.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
I have like 5 shakers and they all smell awful..lol I usually let them set overnite with dishwashn liq and that usually takes care of it till i leave them in suv again.
After using, rince right away with soapy water. If your at the gym rince it out and leave
the lid off.l never store my cup with the lid capped.

Good tips, along with the clorox tip, should keeps the cups stink free!

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
yessir. i do it all the time.

my wife says she'll leave me next time i do it. :)

i wait til she leaves for the day then i pop it open to clean it... even when she gets home she says she can still smell it LOL
My wife refuses to clean any shaker bottles or Tupperware. Women these days........

OutWorkU

Awards
My wife refuses to clean any shaker bottles or Tupperware. Women these days........
I've got at least 4 or 5 tupperware containers in my car that I used to bring grilled chicken to work. I know those things are rancid right now lol. My wife gets pissed too. I just keep stacking them in the sink :laugh2:

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
i know right?... you can't live with them, and you can't kill them.... legally.
Only one way out of my marriage.....That is in a body bag.

Most of the time she justs wants to throw them away and get new ones. Crazy
:sick:

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Only one way out of my marriage.....That is in a body bag.

Most of the time she justs wants to throw them away and get new ones. Crazy
:sick:
Thanks god for the Cheap Ones Contanors from Aldi's and (the like). If they get to nasty just toss them and buy a new pack.