yohimbine

trackstud100m

Awards
  • Established
i plan on taking 20mg of yohimbine should i consume all 20mg before workouts in the morning or spilt it into two?

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yohimbe/Yohimbine is very hard on the cardiovascular system.My recommendation would be to not take it at all.

crewchief182

crewchief182

Awards
I try and avoid it. Used a high quality yohimbine a couple of years ago, and my blood pressure was through the roof, accompanied by one very intense headache. Not being sure yohimbine was the cause, I tried it again, with the same results.

MrBEEF

Awards
I use it all of the time. I get no headaches. It does give you a buzz like other stimulants like caffeine, but it is different than caffeine. I feel a bit shaky if u take too much. Caffeine give me a pump, this one sort of feels more close to taking clen. Could be different for each person of course.

Here is what I'd do. create servings of 2.5mg in size

Start at 5mg/day and slowly work your way up. I would take it in the morning like 30 min before your first meal. Maybe take a 2nd serving around 2pm. Slowly work your way up with the 2.5mg servings. For me, it lasts longer than caffeine. The best way to do it is to mix it with a caffeine source such as guarana. Take a bit of each. And figure out what you want. Standard Guarana Extract is 22% caffeine, and has a lower digestion rate than caffeine powder or coffee, so the buzz off of the guarana is more subtle and a longer.

Green Tea also has some caffeine in it, and it also has thermogenic effects. Like Guarana, the digestion rate will be slower than plain caffeine power/coffee.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
A lot of places say that insulin completely blocks this stuffs usefulness as a fat burner. Is it really completely useless for a person who eats carbs?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A lot of places say that insulin completely blocks this stuffs usefulness as a fat burner. Is it really completely useless for a person who eats carbs?
Insulin does NOT block the effectiveness of yohimbine as a fat burner (you canNOT avoid insulin, as protein intake elicits the same insulin response as carbohydrate intake does), and using yohimbine is not useless for a "person who eats carbs" (I've had no problems with fat loss whilst using products that contain yohimbine, and I eat a very HIGH carbohydrate diet, even with fat loss as a goal!!!) Fat loss is predominantly in your diet and training.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Insulin does NOT block the effectiveness of yohimbine as a fat burner (you canNOT avoid insulin, as protein intake elicits the same insulin response as carbohydrate intake does), and using yohimbine is not useless for a "person who eats carbs" (I've had no problems with fat loss whilst using products that contain yohimbine, and I eat a very HIGH carbohydrate diet, even with fat loss as a goal!!!) Fat loss is predominantly in your diet and training.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
Yohimbine is an alpha2-adrenoceptor antagonist, and as such enhances the release of norepinephrine, while inhibiting its reuptake. [Alpha adrenoceptors, especially a2-adrenoceptors, are antilipolytic].
As is well known, insulin is a powerful antilipolytic hormone. Low levels of insulin enhance the expression of catecholamines (that act on adrenoceptors), stimulating the breakdown of triacylglycerol into free fatty acids (FFA) and glycerol in adipocytes, as well as the transportation of these FFA's and glycerol into the bloodstream for use as substrates for fuel. However, these lipolytic effects are absent when yohimbine or other a2-adrenergic receptor antagonists are administered during or after a meal. The ensuing insulin response blunts lipolysis, as a2-adrenoreceptor antagonists boost insulin secretion in fed states. In fasted states, however, yohimbine or other a2-antagonists do not induce an increase in insulin secretion, thus ensuring the stimulation of lipolytic action. Hence, administration of yohimbine (for fat-loss purposes) is preferred in a fasted state.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Well, I deffiantely think preworkout yohimbine is deffinatley good either way(althought not to good for blood pressure.) Strategic move, your info was great! Shouldn't the inhibition of norepenephrin reuptake come befor it's stimulation though?

steam

steam

Awards
  • Established
yoh definitely makes your heart pump harder and will really make you sweat...its good but be wary of the over anxiety.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I deffiantely think preworkout yohimbine is deffinatley good either way(althought not to good for blood pressure.) Strategic move, your info was great! Shouldn't the inhibition of norepenephrin reuptake come befor it's stimulation though?
No. Alpha-adrenergic receptors modulate the recycling or re-uptake of norepinephrine. By antagonizing alpha2-adrenoceptors, yohimbine stimulates norepinephrine release and then inhibits norepinephrine re-uptake. Effectively, yohimbine breaks down the local norepinephrine feedback mechanism. By first stimulating norepinephrine release and then inhibiting its re-uptake, yohimbine ensures more norepinephrine is available longer in the synaptic cells to stimulate lipolysis.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
No. Alpha-adrenergic receptors modulate the recycling or re-uptake of norepinephrine. By antagonizing alpha2-adrenoceptors, yohimbine stimulates norepinephrine release and then inhibits norepinephrine re-uptake. Effectively, yohimbine breaks down the local norepinephrine feedback mechanism. By first stimulating norepinephrine release and then inhibiting its re-uptake, yohimbine ensures more norepinephrine is available longer in the synaptic cells to stimulate lipolysis.
So it stimulates norepinephrine through another pathway than just inhibiting it's reuptake?