For those on fat burners
- 08-29-2009, 06:01 PM
For those on fat burners
Have ANY of you ever taken your blood sugar a few hours after taking a stimulant based fat burner?
just curious because it can be detrimental to a diet if blood sugar is high.. especially on a keto based diet..
mine measured out to 104. and that was after a protein shake and almond oil clen and Methyl by sports one. (and was on keto for 11 days prio no cheat meal)
realizing this, i now take a GDA with every dose of fat burners, just to try and keep my blood sugar in the mid 80s and stable!
- 08-29-2009, 06:18 PM
- 08-29-2009, 06:20 PM
08-29-2009, 09:57 PM
08-29-2009, 10:03 PM
08-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Timeline of supplement and blood test:
0315 - Stimulant-Based Fat Burner(2) (either or *), IGF(2), OsteoSport(4), Drive(2)
0430 - HIIT Cardio 20 min
0500 - Drive(2), (2)
0510 - Stretch 20 min
0520 - NeoVar Recomped(2), (2)
0600 - Gym 60 min
0700 - NeoVar Recomped(2)
0730 - Blood Test
My diet was nothing out of the usual. And that is how and when I usually train (in the morning) re cardio and weights.
* I used to get blood tests done weekly, and I have used myriad supplements during that time (this is typical of supplements and dosing/timing and training for me, though).
08-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Yea I'm gunna start dosing 200mg 20% extract of banaba sip thruout the day as corosolic acid acts as a DGAT inhibitor and I'm taking tta and stimulamt based fat burners. I was just surprised at my reading and thought it should be shared
08-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Dr Atkins always believed that stimulants were detrimental to a keto diet and promoted insulin release, he even said to stay away from caffeine for that reason.
08-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Yea well I wouldn't necessarily say they promote insulin release I would say they increase glucocorticoid.which can then show some sort of an insulin release but that amount has got to be sooo minute due to the incredible amount of insulin sensitivity and less insulin being needed to handle that minute rise in blood sugar
08-30-2009, 09:36 PM
08-30-2009, 09:52 PM
08-30-2009, 09:56 PM
08-30-2009, 09:57 PM
08-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Now that I look at MY one touch one it seems as though 104 is the DISPLAY so maybe it is infact a false reading and I'm buggin out over nothing!b!!
08-30-2009, 10:01 PM
08-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By jrw in forum Post Cycle TherapyReplies: 6Last Post: 03-26-2010, 09:10 PM
- By flexxx126 in forum SupplementsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-21-2010, 07:40 PM
- By beginner36117 in forum SupplementsReplies: 11Last Post: 01-06-2009, 08:33 PM
- By LazeDragon in forum Weight LossReplies: 12Last Post: 03-07-2008, 02:24 PM
- By DavidCream in forum SupplementsReplies: 14Last Post: 03-07-2008, 03:22 AM