For those on fat burners

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Have ANY of you ever taken your blood sugar a few hours after taking a stimulant based fat burner?

just curious because it can be detrimental to a diet if blood sugar is high.. especially on a keto based diet..

mine measured out to 104. and that was after a protein shake and almond oil clen and Methyl matrix by sports one. (and was on keto for 11 days prio no cheat meal)

realizing this, i now take a GDA with every dose of fat burners, just to try and keep my blood sugar in the mid 80s and stable!

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
a glucose disposal agent, or something that lowers blood sugar

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
chromium and bitter melon should suffice , dont you think?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have ANY of you ever taken your blood sugar a few hours after taking a stimulant based fat burner?

just curious because it can be detrimental to a diet if blood sugar is high.. especially on a keto based diet..

mine measured out to 104. and that was after a protein shake and almond oil clen and Methyl matrix by sports one. (and was on keto for 11 days prio no cheat meal)

realizing this, i now take a GDA with every dose of fat burners, just to try and keep my blood sugar in the mid 80s and stable!
I have. It was in the normal range, but close to being hypoglycemic though (probably due to training and the NeoVar Recomped dosing).

Timeline of supplement and blood test:
0315 - Stimulant-Based Fat Burner(2) (either Hot Rox Extreme or Leviathan Reloaded*), IGF(2), OsteoSport(4), Drive(2)
0430 - HIIT Cardio 20 min
0500 - Drive(2), RPM(2)
0510 - Stretch 20 min
0520 - NeoVar Recomped(2), IGF-2(2)
0600 - Gym 60 min
0700 - NeoVar Recomped(2)
0730 - Blood Test

My diet was nothing out of the usual. And that is how and when I usually train (in the morning) re cardio and weights.

* I used to get blood tests done weekly, and I have used myriad supplements during that time (this is typical of supplements and dosing/timing and training for me, though).

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yea I'm gunna start dosing 200mg 20% extract of banaba sip thruout the day as corosolic acid acts as a DGAT inhibitor and I'm taking tta and stimulamt based fat burners. I was just surprised at my reading and thought it should be shared

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dr Atkins always believed that stimulants were detrimental to a keto diet and promoted insulin release, he even said to stay away from caffeine for that reason.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yea well I wouldn't necessarily say they promote insulin release I would say they increase glucocorticoid.which can then show some sort of an insulin release but that amount has got to be sooo minute due to the incredible amount of insulin sensitivity and less insulin being needed to handle that minute rise in blood sugar

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yea well I wouldn't necessarily say they promote insulin release I would say they increase glucocorticoid.which can then show some sort of an insulin release but that amount has got to be sooo minute due to the incredible amount of insulin sensitivity and less insulin being needed to handle that minute rise in blood sugar
I do one version of a keto diet or another almost always be it tkd, ckd etc and I cannot live without caffeine and it never effects me adversely. Atkins was adamant that stims should be avoided though. It is odd that you have a blood glucose level slightly above the normal range after 11 days of keto dieting though.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yea I was buggin man could also been a bad reading I'm going to do it again tomorrow

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yea I was buggin man could also been a bad reading I'm going to do it again tomorrow
I've been taking slim xtreme in the mornings lately, I'm def gonna check mine at work every now and then just out of curiosity.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Now that I look at MY one touch one it seems as though 104 is the DISPLAY so maybe it is infact a false reading and I'm buggin out over nothing!b!!

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Now that I look at MY one touch one it seems as though 104 is the DISPLAY so maybe it is infact a false reading and I'm buggin out over nothing!b!!
generally with glucometers when you insert a new strip it will display the last reading.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yea I honestly gotta say I feel like it was wrong however ill still incorperate GDAs