Total beginner wants a conservative start

Toptomcat

Awards
Hello. I am a twenty-one year old who's recently begun working out seriously. I'm looking for something basic to start off with in the supplement department. Safety, quality, reputation, and well-established effectiveness are primary concerns: I'm looking for stuff backed up by large-scale clinical trials, nothing with a name as long as my arm and brightly-colored block letters on the label. Creatine seems to fit the bill: is there anything else that sounds like what I'm looking for?

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
honestly. cheap, bulk creatine mono from nutraplanet. its like $1.50 a month. SUPER cheap, u cant afford not to use that. then basic All the Whey protein. thats all u really need.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
honestly. cheap, bulk creatine mono from nutraplanet. its like $1.50 a month. SUPER cheap, u cant afford not to use that. then basic All the Whey protein. thats all u really need.
good idea.

i'd throw the creatine into some grape or apple juice and you're good to go.

also, make sure you've got your vites covered. get a quality multi-vitamin

jim623

Lots of quality food, the above mentioned supplements, and quality sleep. As you stated, you just recently started lifting seriously so you should have no problem making some good gains without hormonal manipulation.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hello. I am a twenty-one year old who's recently begun working out seriously. I'm looking for something basic to start off with in the supplement department. Safety, quality, reputation, and well-established effectiveness are primary concerns: I'm looking for stuff backed up by large-scale clinical trials, nothing with a name as long as my arm and brightly-colored block letters on the label. Creatine seems to fit the bill: is there anything else that sounds like what I'm looking for?
All you need is:
* Creatine
* Multivitamin
* Good Fats (you can get this from your diet)
* Protein Powder (you can get enough protein from your diet, but is convenient to use at such times like post-training; or if you do not get enough from your diet)

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
BCAA's pre w/o and post (especially glutamine for post)
like everyone else says too
whey
creatine
multi-vitamin

bigmoe65

bigmoe65

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow, someone who is just starting out that has some common sense, thats refreshing! Make sure you have a good diet planned out most of all.