NSAIDs - bad for bodybuilding?
- 08-19-2009, 01:48 PM
- 08-19-2009, 01:50 PM
08-19-2009, 09:46 PM
08-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Strangely enough, there was a study out not too long ago that had the opposite results. Granted, the subjects were older men, but protein synthesis obviously wasn't an issue.
"Taking daily recommended dosages of ibuprofen and acetaminophen caused a substantially greater increase over placebo in the amount of quadriceps muscle mass and muscle strength gained during three months of regular weight lifting, in a study by physiologists at the Human Performance Laboratory, Ball State University."
Either way, the negative effects on the liver in long-term use would cancel out any positive anabolic response.
08-20-2009, 03:48 AM
08-20-2009, 08:30 AM
So now we have studies saying that it inhibts protein synthesis, and other other studies saying that it does not. The world will never know. lol. I never had a problem when I was on motrin for a month at 2400mg a day. Just remember everyone responds differently.
Similar Forum Threads
- By BigCasino in forum Training ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 10-25-2015, 02:30 PM
- By overanalyzer in forum Cycle InfoReplies: 13Last Post: 07-16-2015, 04:52 PM
- By VanillaGorilla in forum General ChatReplies: 9Last Post: 12-01-2006, 09:45 AM
- By Grant in forum AnabolicsReplies: 7Last Post: 11-03-2004, 01:37 PM
- By whale in forum Training ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 01-07-2003, 02:07 AM