New supp help and advice

jon020

Awards
I got thrown over here to ask my questions so I decided to take their advice and ask my questions.

I am pretty new to working out 1 yr under my belt and take the very basic supps right now

protein
4:1:1
beata
Creatine mon

I am reallly interested in taking my supps to the next level and I am looking at new supps that would help me get more from my workouts .

I was looking at the one but some people seem to think that is a bad idea, so if anyone has any ideas on any supps that should be considered I am all ears.

Thanks guys hope to get some good advice...

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
age/height/weight would help us guide you in the right direction.

for example, test boosters would be a great start, but under 25 they don't have the spectacular effect you would have if you were older. also, what are your goals? increased strength, more mass, more endurance, loosing weight, all of these are factors in trying to guide you towards the product that may be best for you.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I second that... and will add that you make sure you have your diet in check, know how many calories you consume and whats your target, if your goal is to put on size no supp will help pack on muscle w/o food!

mike g

Awards
hey guys what would be a good test booster for a guy 46. Been woking out about 8 months now,trying to up the supps more agrressively but naturally?

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You've only been working out for a year and you want to take it to the next level with supplements? I would say that you have yet to even touch your own potential naturally. A new training routine and a clean diet would yield better results than trying to supplement right now. If you've reached a point of stalemate, a change of functionality is in order.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
hey guys what would be a good test booster for a guy 46. Been woking out about 8 months now,trying to up the supps more agrressively but naturally?
diesel test hardcore would get my vote. T-911 (the new formula) i'm still logging (day 2), so i can't quite recommend it just yet, though in a week that will probably change.

jon020

Awards
21/ 5"11 , 5"12 / 203

I also have a pretty good diet , I eat 4-5 times a day , and push my body every workout .

I am extremely dedicated to working out and have stated somewhere else that I love pushing my body further and further. So dont worry about that, I know the basics just would like ideas on different supps....Plus I never stated that I did touch my potential yet and just barely got to my own body weight in squats .

I am trying to lose body fat right now and have started doing fasted cardio in the morning before breakfast but in a couple of months I'm going to go back to my strength training and would like to pack on good lean muscle with very little fat .

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
203 lbs
just barely got to my own body weight in squats .
given that, i would say stick to protein, carbs, multi vite and creatine. remember that you should take at least some protein before working out (to keep your body from leaching bcaa's out of your muscles), and carbs are optional pre workout - for bulking or lean bulking they're mandatory, for recomp carbs are a maybe, and for cutting a no-go.

i usually take 100g carbs and 40g protein pre workout and post workout, and have noticed since introducing a shake preworkout i've gained a lot of strength - roughly 2-3 more reps per exercise, which translates to a lot more weight pushed in one session.

if you want to experiment with other things, i think a NO booster would be your best bet. i don't think you'd need to touch anything outside of the fairly basic stuff at this point.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah i have to second what alot of guys have said by sticking with the basics for now i'd definetly say add in a multi vitamin for sure though if you aren't using one already. Cause your gonna still see good gains from what your using already maybe if you want go to something like CRE 02 by MST or Green Magnitude by Controlled Labs for different creatine but other than that looks solid for staples.

xpin2winx

Awards
i would also recommend some jack3d because its great energy booster and you will get some great pumps for workouts and its a great price. I would only take it once a week so your body doesnt get tolerant to it and i would also cut any caffiene drinks besides green tea (thats just my opinion).
Second I would recommend some fish oil, flaxseed oil, and other Efas. They can help speed muscle recovery and burn fat :)
Also get a strong multivitamin

jon020

Awards
I see thanks guys,

I will stick to my base supps then ....I DO take fish oil (Just started too) but for the multi vitamin I DO NOT take yet, does anyone have any suggestions?

I see about the post, I might just start to take a protein only shake with milk pre workout then maybe a shake of 4:1:1 and creatine/beta ..

Hmm I'm glad you guys are helping me out.

I dont really trust N.O supps that much I have tried black powder and I couldnt tell if I was doing good by myself or if it actually helped....I stopped buying it because GNC is extremelly over priced .

xpin2winx

Awards
animal pak would be the best multivitamin and i like opti-men also but that just my opinion

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
I dont really trust N.O supps that much I have tried black powder and I couldnt tell if I was doing good by myself or if it actually helped...
the NO products that work, are far and few between. AX's one was awesome, but apparently not awesome enough to release.

with regards to the fish/flax oil, its great for inflammation, and helping your joints from drying out. its also essential for brain function. most people dose between 1-5g daily.

jon020

Awards
the NO products that work, are far and few between. AX's one was awesome, but apparently not awesome enough to release.

with regards to the fish/flax oil, its great for inflammation, and helping your joints from drying out. its also essential for brain function. most people dose between 1-5g daily.

Would you be willing to list the N.O supp that work??

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Would you be willing to list the N.O supp that work??
its unreleased so it won't help you much - NOS-FX by anabolic xtreme. i tried buying their raws, but no such luck. i'm trying hemadraulix next, but that won't be for another 10 weeks :(

i've tried 3 other NO products that all sucked, so i understand your frustration with NO boosters. nano-vapor, no-xplode, and some other stuff were all absolute junk.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
in the department of pre-workout supps I vouch for Jack3d, 2 scoops of that and you're ready to tear up some weights

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some good multi vitamins obviously be ADAM by now and Orange Triad by Controlled Labs.

jon020

Awards
I know what you mean about N.0 Xplode.... funny story..

My cousin bought Xplode at retail and never used it so I bought it off him for 20$ and instead of using it myself I am selling it to some guy at the gym who SWEARS by the stuff 30$ profit :) .

Jacked huh..I will check into that , thanks for the vote of confidence in Jacked.

For the multi I think I am going to go with animal stack sounds cool hahaha.

To actually tell you the guys the truth the REAL reason I am looking for a new supp is because I want to go crazy in the gym. Dont get me wrong I go into the gym focused in destroying my muscles and go at it 100% but I want that supp that makes me go crazy....kind of hard to explain but hope someone understands what I am asking.

I know beta and creatine will help me gain muscles but I want something that makes me go for lack of a better word hyper...I have been trying that "Endorush," But that is just full of caffeine and would like something that doesnt rely on caffeine.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
i really like xtend with a little aakg in there it makes my workouts go forever and it has cirtullien malate which helps with soreness.

since ive been doing this i was able to up my weight and up about 5 reps for each set. and ive never felt more comfortable and hyped during wo

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
Xtend, AXcell, or chaind out is always great pre and intra workout... stack that with an AAKG supp as "vika" said above, and your good to go

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
never tried jacked or xtend, so i'll refrain from secondhand knowledge.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jacked is a good prework out supp gives you crazy energy. Xtend is a decent intrawork out for the price can't be beat really. I like using DominATP as a intrawork out and pre.

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
Havent tried dominatp but looks nice and basic! Jacked is awesome preworkout, but the flavor makes me naucious after weeks of continuous use haha

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ultima gets my vote! Hopefully, Omega will have it out sooner than later. The Beta was the best that I've ever tried for Pre-WO.

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
Sounds interesting, you know when its being releaseD?

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
"For the multi I think I am going to go with animal stack sounds cool hahaha."

To the OP, for a multi-vitamin you want "Animal Pak" not "Animal Stak". Two totally different products right there. Animal Pak is a good multi though. Just wanted to point that out to ya.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No date; however, it should be sooner than later. Omega did finally get the last ingredient, so it should be real soon. :D
Lets hope so running out of DominATP which been using for bit of everything love the stuff but keep hearing all these rave reviews on the beta of Omega have to get the stuff when it comes out.