Disgusting or Standard Ingredients?

knockout189

knockout189

Awards
After reading the complete ingredient list on Anabolic Muscle Protein Shake, I found the following in it:

Liver, Thymus, Heart, Pituitary, Adrenal, Kidney, Pancreas, Prostate, Hypothalamus :shocked:

.... and that grossed me out! I used to love this shake because it really helped me pack on the pounds, but now when i try to man up and drink it down, I just feel like I'm drinking freeze-dried internal organs and just can't stomach it. HAHA

Is this a uniquely disgusting protein shake?

Complete ingredient list:
Healthy ''N Fit Highest Quality Protein, Free Form, Peptide Bond And Branched Chain Amino Acids Blend Consisting Of Whey Protein Concentrate, Calcium Caseinate, 100% Pure Extracted Egg Albumen (No Fat Or Cholesterol), L-Alanine, L-Arginine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Cystine, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Glycine, L-Histidine, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, L-Tyrosine, L-Valine, All Amino Acids Are Derived From The Enzymatic Digest Of Whey Protein (Lactalbumin), 100% Pure Extracted Egg Albumen And 100% Ion Exchange Whey Amino Acids, Anabolic Muscle Contains Over 80,000 Mgs. Of Protein, Free Form, Peptide Bond And Branched Chain Amino Acids Per Serving, All Of Which Are Derived From Natural Sources, No Synthetic Amino Acids Are Present, 100% Pure Fruit Sugar (Protein Sparing Crystalline Fructose),, New Tech™ Glucose Polymers, 5000 Mgs. Perserving Proprietary Base Of Healthy ''N Fit Advanced Anabolics Synergistically Combined Containing Smilax Officinalis, Mexican Wild Yam, Muyrapuama, Saw Palmetto, Capsicum, Alfalfa, Dandelion Root, Licorice Root, Naturally Derived Sterols, Orchic, Liver, Thymus, Heart, Pituitary, Adrenal, Kidney, Pancreas, Prostate, Hypothalamus, Gamma Oryzanol, Transferulic Acid, Inosine, Pyridoxine Alpha Ketoglutarate, Bee Pollen, Royal Jelly, Unsaturated Fatty Acids, RNA, DNA, Ketoisocaproate, L-Glutamine, Ornithine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, Potassium Bicarbonate, Magnesium Alpha Ketoglutarate, Potassium Alpha Ketoglutarate, L-Carnitine, Carnosine, Lipoic Acid, Dibencozide, CoQ10, Boron, Vanadyl Sulfate, Creatine, Chromium Polynicotinate, Chromium Picolinate, Chocolate Flavor, Cocoa And Stevia Herb, Papain, Bromelain, Lactase
No Added Salt Or Sucrose. No Artificial Sweetners.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
People supplement bovine glandulars...not news. You do know where whey comes from right? :)

Or eggs! The horror!!!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Advanced Anabolics Synergistically Combined Containing Smilax Officinalis, Mexican Wild Yam, Muyrapuama, Saw Palmetto, Capsicum, Alfalfa, Dandelion Root, Licorice Root, Naturally Derived Sterols, Orchic, Liver, Thymus, Heart, Pituitary, Adrenal, Kidney, Pancreas, Prostate, Hypothalamus,

FWI - Orchic is cow testicles...:)

knockout189

knockout189

Awards
Advanced Anabolics Synergistically Combined Containing Smilax Officinalis, Mexican Wild Yam, Muyrapuama, Saw Palmetto, Capsicum, Alfalfa, Dandelion Root, Licorice Root, Naturally Derived Sterols, Orchic, Liver, Thymus, Heart, Pituitary, Adrenal, Kidney, Pancreas, Prostate, Hypothalamus,

FWI - Orchic is cow testicles...:)
mmmm this is just sounding yummier and yummier! :puke:

knockout189

knockout189

Awards
If you want protein buy protein:
I do have plenty of great quality proteins, but I used to take this shake when I was younger and it helped me gain a lot of weight. I had cash to burn so I figured I'd give it another shot... but NOPE.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
mmmm this is just sounding yummier and yummier! :puke:
I used a similar product in the early 80's.

It's nothing but descicated(sp) organs which are harmless and maybe, just maybe of very very little benefit.

There are plenty of better "anabolic potentiators" out there today to not bother with 25 yo innovations. JMHO.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
yea. With advances in science they have the ability to just make the proteins. I think some of the older stuff needed to find sources to get protein from and also a cost issue maybe?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yea. With advances in science they have the ability to just make the proteins. I think some of the older stuff needed to find sources to get protein from and also a cost issue maybe?
My point was that they "threw in the kitchen sink" in those products. Today you can get quality protein and then separately choose "sterols" or other "anabolic potentiators" that are a little better proven. JMHO.