joint support

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Answers

joint support

What is the preferred joint formula, glucosamine/chondroitin OR glucosamine/MSM? Costco has both formulas and I am not sure which is preferred. I am currently taking Super Cissus but my elbow joint/tendon is still very sore. I saw that Animal Flex has ALL 3: glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM, maybe that is a solid option.
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-
    When an omega male is born it's game over

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Answers

You can try this:Cissus 40% Ketosterones (120 caps) By PrimaForce

http://store.anabolicminds.com/produ...-120-caps.html

I bougth Glucosamine plus MSM in cotsco too and do nothing for me!!!!!!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Answers

I just started on Animal Flex stacked with extra Hyaluronic Acid for 2 sore shoulders. Will see how it goes..
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Glucosamine does very little for me ... a bit if I really dose high.
    Super Cissus works right away and pain goes away but if you want it do heal you still have to go easy...
    MSM no effect
    Regular Cissus seems to be doing something mega-dosed.
    I ordered some Super Cissus and plan on a mega-dosed protocol and will perform slow reps and watch my joints. I have tried lots of things this seems the best approach.
    I tried Hyalronic Acid a few years back ...did nothing, maybe the extracts are better now it's something I would consider trying if anybody knows of a good one.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Super cissus is about the only thing that works for me as well. I have a dodgy shoulder and use the bulk powder (1g 2 times daily) in protein drinks.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Answers

thanks for some good info guys. I also have been using VPX's topical Glucosa Cream on the trouble spots. It is effective, but thought I would not just go for local use and go for whole body via the tablets.

Always have Super Cissus!
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-

7. jim623

Super cissus is a wonderful thing, but if you are overtraining, the damage is coming faster than the cure. You probably should ease up a bit for a couple of weeks.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jim623 View Post
    Super cissus is a wonderful thing, but if you are overtraining, the damage is coming faster than the cure. You probably should ease up a bit for a couple of weeks.
    That's where it is weird . . . I took about 2-3 weeks off after a long stretch of training, then came back slowly with comfortable wts to ease into my workout. Within 1 week my elbows were killing me, this was even before I got into moving some good wt. I will be easing up for 2-3 weeks as I head back to work after summer vacation, the first few weeks of school are crazy and tiring.
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-

9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by p5sky View Post
    thanks for some good info guys. I also have been using VPX's topical Glucosa Cream on the trouble spots. It is effective, but thought I would not just go for local use and go for whole body via the tablets.

Always have Super Cissus!
    Im also using a topical called "stopain" by lifetime for fast relief..contains Glucosamine,MSM, and Menthol 8%
  10. jim623

That's where it is weird . . . I took about 2-3 weeks off after a long stretch of training, then came back slowly with comfortable wts to ease into my workout. Within 1 week my elbows were killing me, this was even before I got into moving some good wt. I will be easing up for 2-3 weeks as I head back to work after summer vacation, the first few weeks of school are crazy and tiring.
    Are you taking any estrogen inhibitors right now?
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Answers

no, I know that low estrogen is hard on the joints . . .
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-

12. Universal Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

What is the preferred joint formula, glucosamine/chondroitin OR glucosamine/MSM? Costco has both formulas and I am not sure which is preferred. I am currently taking Super Cissus but my elbow joint/tendon is still very sore. I saw that Animal Flex has ALL 3: glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM, maybe that is a solid option.
    Animal Flex has those 3 ingredients however it has much more than that. One of the ingredients is a patented one called CMO:

WHAT IS CETYLMYRISTOLEATE ?
    Cetyl Myristoleate is an all-natural medium chain fatty acid found in only a small number of very select species of animals. Clinical experience suggests that Cetyl Myristoleate acts as an anti-inflammatory, as well as a surfactant and lubricant for damaged joints. Basically, it makes them more "slippery." This substance holds the promise of being the most effective solution to joint problems of any product ever introduced into the market. It is not habit-forming and contains no harsh chemicals or drugs that can cause side effects. It works in a natural manner by acting at the site of inflammation, is highly resistant to oxidation, it has a relatively long life in the body.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. best joint support?
    By dollarbill in forum Supplements
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 01-09-2013, 04:53 PM
  2. joint support
    By r6lift in forum Supplements
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 11:15 AM
  3. How much epa and dha do you need for joint support?
    By DerickVonD in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 07:56 PM
  4. Joint support?
    By ohiostate2827 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 02:29 PM
  5. tendon/joint support
    By nobady in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-20-2006, 02:25 PM