Should I be concerned and do you think my kidneys are fine?

  1. Senior Member
    DerickVonD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,322
    Rep Power
    34859
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    92.19%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Should I be concerned and do you think my kidneys are fine?


    Recently I have been taking Taurine more frequently, because my free gluten sensitivity has increased. From what I read, the less free gluten you consume over time you get more sensitive to it. Anyway, I have been taking Taurine and have been feeling pain around my kidney area and stomach pain. The reason I take the Taurine is because it stops my msg attacks within 2-3 minutes, as opposed to ibuprofen which takes about 10-15 minutes to fully stop the attack. Do you think my kidneys will be fine? I try my best to avoid free gluten, but it's so hard to find things that don't have it. I hate going to the doctor. The pain around my kidney goes away about 24-48 hours after using Taurine. I take 500mg-1gm at the most when I have an attack. I did not have this pain around my kidney the first few times I used Taurine. The pain is almost always in front of my left kidney area.

  2. Board Sponsor
    Clickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    211241
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    85.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I am no doctor but I would guess you are fine.

    My only suggestion would be to greatly increase your water consumption.
    I'm Back...
  3. Senior Member
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5424
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    46.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    Recently I have been taking Taurine more frequently, because my free gluten sensitivity has increased. From what I read, the less free gluten you consume over time you get more sensitive to it. Anyway, I have been taking Taurine and have been feeling pain around my kidney area and stomach pain. The reason I take the Taurine is because it stops my msg attacks within 2-3 minutes, as opposed to ibuprofen which takes about 10-15 minutes to fully stop the attack. Do you think my kidneys will be fine? I try my best to avoid free gluten, but it's so hard to find things that don't have it. I hate going to the doctor. The pain around my kidney goes away about 24-48 hours after using Taurine. I take 500mg-1gm at the most when I have an attack. I did not have this pain around my kidney the first few times I used Taurine. The pain is almost always in front of my left kidney area.
    Wait, are you saying you think taurine is causing your stomach/kidney pain? I don't see how taurine would do that. Plus, you're taking a minute amount to begin with. I've taken 5-10 grams daily for a long time with no negative effects whatsoever.

    When you say kidney pain, I assume you mean a radiating pain coming from the lower/middle part of your back, underneath your rib cage. If you're feeling discomfort in your sides, that's not coming from your kidneys.
    RTR.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    DerickVonD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,322
    Rep Power
    34859
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    92.19%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Wait, are you saying you think taurine is causing your stomach/kidney pain? I don't see how taurine would do that. Plus, you're taking a minute amount to begin with. I've taken 5-10 grams daily for a long time with no negative effects whatsoever.

    When you say kidney pain, I assume you mean a radiating pain coming from the lower/middle part of your back, underneath your rib cage. If you're feeling discomfort in your sides, that's not coming from your kidneys.
    I'm not saying I know for sure if it's kidney pain. Its mainly in front, but sometimes in back. Believe me I'm not here to talk bad about Taurine or anything, in fact I like taking it. It makes me feel good mentally. I was just wondering why I might be having this pain. I was thinking since it's mainly in front because it might be my stomach, although sometimes I can have it in the back(rarely). I appreciate everyones input and am very grateful for all the support I get at the forums.
  5. Senior Member
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5424
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    46.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    I'm not saying I know for sure if it's kidney pain. Its mainly in front, but sometimes in back.
    Taurine doesn't act against the kidneys. In fact, taurine has been proposed for treatment of several kinds of human kidney disorders. Sounds like you have a gastro issue, possibly related to the gluten itself.
    RTR.
  6. Senior Member
    DerickVonD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,322
    Rep Power
    34859
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    92.19%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Taurine doesn't act against the kidneys. In fact, taurine has been proposed for treatment of several kinds of human kidney disorders. Sounds like you have a gastro issue, possibly related to the gluten itself.
    That is a great relief then. Thank you.
  7. Registered User
    swole210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,088
    Rep Power
    661
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    9.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    That is a great relief then. Thank you.
    Urinary tract/bladder infection maybe?
  8. Senior Member
    matthias7's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,627
    Rep Power
    882
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    1.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Its muscle pain. If you have kidney problems (at this stage) you don't get one kidney causing problems. BOTH kidneys will feel the pinch. In long term cases then one kidney can pick up kidney stones.

    Lots of protein can cause kidney problems but this is a long term thing.

    Water is the best solution, but I really doubt this is kidney. Get your creatinine levels checked out if you are really worried.
  9. Senior Member
    DerickVonD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,322
    Rep Power
    34859
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    92.19%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I do noticed, that I have more confidence and am very calm. Although if I take Taurine everyday or too often I don't feel this effect.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. kidneys, not working at 100%...
    By wiseguy15 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-23-2011, 11:16 PM
  2. ANIMAL PAK & Kidneys
    By BigBeazy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 12:44 PM
  3. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 02:24 AM
  4. Would 3AD be bad for your kidneys?
    By spacetuna in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 05:34 PM
  5. HGH & Kidneys
    By micro in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2007, 12:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in