cutting from 180 to 155 in 1 month

dayday87

Banned
Awards
Im going to be competing in a grappling tournament in a month, and want to compete at 155. I wrestled for 10 years and cut weight for 10 years. Thing is its been 3 years since high school, and 3 years since doing a serious cut. Im probably about 13-14%BF. Can anyone reccomend some supps to take to help the cut besides what im taking? Im going to be doing a high protein low carb,med fat. No carb up besides after I weigh in, will be weighing in the day before.

Im taking cre-02,E/C/Y,xtend,vaso, fish oils and ofcourse protein shakes.. I will be cutting out the cre-02 2 weeks before weigh in,shakes one week before weigh ins..

Training looks like this

AM cardio - 4 mile run or something smiliar at 8am.

12pm weight lift, doing 4 day split high rep low weight, circuit training.

6pm on M W F, MMA training for 2 hours.

Sundays completely off... Any tips from anyone to improve this cut?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
brother there is definitely more weight classes between 180 and 155, I would recommend doing the high protein high fat for awhile and see how low you can get your BF to. I like to have lots of energy when I do tournaments and cutting so much weight will definitely drain you. We got guys like that too, eating just an apple a couple days before the tourn. Body starts going into emergency mode when you drain it so much. AND if you cut carbs you will have such a hard time training. Seriously man try going just 1 weight class down, the energy will be worth it.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
losing 25 pounds in a month isnt healthy

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
losing 25 pounds in a month isnt healthy
you got that right. 25lbs, one month? try the crackhead diet : $6000.00 worth of crack cocaine and no food. worked for Oprah :18:

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
not healthy at all, and you'll be dead tired. my bjj trainer actually did exactly that for a MMA fight. walks around at about 180 and he cut to 155, had no energy on fight night. sometimes you need to evaluate whether the cut will give you an advantage or turn you into a raisin

dayday87

Banned
Awards
not healthy at all, and you'll be dead tired. my bjj trainer actually did exactly that for a MMA fight. walks around at about 180 and he cut to 155, had no energy on fight night. sometimes you need to evaluate whether the cut will give you an advantage or turn you into a raisin
Did no one read I did this for 10 years? I didn't ask for tips on my own body. I will assess that myself. Now please, if you have any tips on cutting, then by all means share them.

dayday87

Banned
Awards
you got that right. 25lbs, one month? try the crackhead diet : $6000.00 worth of crack cocaine and no food. worked for Oprah :18:
You obviously don't have a clue about high caliber wrestling or MMA. Why post on something you know nothing about?

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I definitely wouldn't go no carb... Have a couple slices of bread before your afternoon workout at least 3 times a week - and a casein shake before bed.

I fought at 155 about a year and a half ago, and cut from 180. I did it over 8 weeks though. You really only need to lose about 15 pounds, you can shed off 10 pounds of water safely and rehydrate overnight. You can rehydrate a QUALITY pound an hour with no ill-effects.

Load up on protein and lots of green vegetables. ECY should keep you charged for your workouts, just be careful on the dose. Good luck dude.

dayday87

Banned
Awards
I definitely wouldn't go no carb... Have a couple slices of bread before your afternoon workout at least 3 times a week - and a casein shake before bed.

I fought at 155 about a year and a half ago, and cut from 180. I did it over 8 weeks though. You really only need to lose about 15 pounds, you can shed off 10 pounds of water safely and rehydrate overnight. You can rehydrate a QUALITY pound an hour with no ill-effects.

Load up on protein and lots of green vegetables. ECY should keep you charged for your workouts, just be careful on the dose. Good luck dude.
Finally someone with help.. What time would you suggest drinking the casein shake before bed? I will be doing low carb(from like 150g a day to 30g a day).. And losing 15 pounds in a month with a 13-14% BF isnt hard at all, esp if your body is used to cutting. Thanks for the help.

And having a day and half to rehydrate is plenty of time also.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
if u have done this for 10 years, why you asking for help? And so what if you done something for 10 years, doesnt make it right.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
i was a wrestler also in college - competed 50 lbs lighter than during the off-season. I assume the competition will drug test for illicit substances? Dropping 15 lbs in a month is easily done with DNP and a low-carb diet. But DNP is harsh bro - you gotta know what you're doing with that stuff or you'll fry your brain.

dayday87

Banned
Awards
if u have done this for 10 years, why you asking for help? And so what if you done something for 10 years, doesnt make it right.
I did it for 10 years in wrestling.. I obviously wasn't taking any supplements during that time to help me cut, I also have been off for two years.. So I posted in the SUPPLEMENT section asking for tips on cutting. Are you really that dumb you couldn't figure that out yourself?

How many wrestlers/MMA guys have done this for their whole life? What negative effects did cutting have on their overall health? Saying its "bad" for your health is so ****ing general I'm not even going to argue with tards like you.

Is is that hard to read a topic and if you have nothing to add, not to post? I mean really.

xink

Awards
  • Established
Why kind of protein shakes are you taking for this? I ask because this might be a good fit for you: http://www.allthewhey.com/awpi05.html

I did judo for a long ass time and remember watching some of the guys drop ****-tons of weight for the big fights!

Keep us posted on your progress, before/after pics would be cool too.

Good luck man!

dayday87

Banned
Awards
i was a wrestler also in college - competed 50 lbs lighter than during the off-season. I assume the competition will drug test for illicit substances? Dropping 15 lbs in a month is easily done with DNP and a low-carb diet. But DNP is harsh bro - you gotta know what you're doing with that stuff or you'll fry your brain.
No its NAGA grappling, no testing at all.. And I've read alot about DNP, dont know if I'm going to take something that harsh though.

dayday87

Banned
Awards
Why kind of protein shakes are you taking for this? I ask because this might be a good fit for you: http://www.allthewhey.com/awpi05.html

I did judo for a long ass time and remember watching some of the guys drop ****-tons of weight for the big fights!

Keep us posted on your progress, before/after pics would be cool too.

Good luck man!
Yeah man def will have before and after pics, Im actually a green belt in judo haha. Did it for 6 months.. Ill def check that out,cant click links at work but will when I get home.. Right now im just taking your normal whey shake that has 24g protein,BCAA, and like 5g carb per scoop right now.

xink

Awards
  • Established
Here is a breakdown of their product:

I've had Peanut Butter Cup and Cupcake Batter - CC batter is damn good!

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Finally someone with help.. What time would you suggest drinking the casein shake before bed? I will be doing low carb(from like 150g a day to 30g a day).. And losing 15 pounds in a month with a 13-14% BF isnt hard at all, esp if your body is used to cutting. Thanks for the help.

And having a day and half to rehydrate is plenty of time also.
Think a pound an hour... so yes, 10 pounds in 10 hours is cool.

Casein as late as possible my man... If you're going to bed at midnight, drink around 11:30, then perhaps a service of psyllium husk as well.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Cutting weight is part of the fighter sacrifice man. He's not a body builder. You're adding zero value, no one is pretending its optimal for your body.... then again, neither is being 270 pounds.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Cutting weight is part of the fighter sacrifice man. He's not a body builder. You're adding zero value, no one is pretending its optimal for your body.... then again, neither is being 270 pounds.
no offense to anyone, but cutting 25 pounds for NAGA is completely unnecessary. it isnt a pro fight, doesnt promise you a pro fight, and unles you are doing expert division or absolute you wont get any cash/prize. These tournaments, in my opinion, are to gain experience/test yourself. People go in there and use their skills to win. I wanna see you train 2-4 hours a day on 30g of carbs. Go do what you want with your body but dont come in here and act like an a$$hole when people are concerned with what you are doing. Just giving you an honest piece of advice, nobody wants their fellow anabolic minds brother hurting themselves or passing out mid session.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
no offense to anyone, but cutting 25 pounds for NAGA is completely unnecessary. it isnt a pro fight, doesnt promise you a pro fight, and unles you are doing expert division or absolute you wont get any cash/prize. These tournaments, in my opinion, are to gain experience/test yourself. People go in there and use their skills to win. I wanna see you train 2-4 hours a day on 30g of carbs. Go do what you want with your body but dont come in here and act like an a$$hole when people are concerned with what you are doing. Just giving you an honest piece of advice, nobody wants their fellow anabolic minds brother hurting themselves or passing out mid session.
Anabolicminds brother? :toofunny: Put down the pipe man.

I never advised him to low carb, I actually advised against it. I'm not even the OP. Reread the posts, you FAIL.

There is NOTHING wrong with losing 15 pounds in a month and 10 pounds of water pre-fight. It's part of the game. Obviously, he will sacrifice some muscle - but if he wants to compete, then go for it. Its not about the money.

WACC RIPPER

Awards
Hey
I wrestled my whole life and still do at the moment. If I was in your position I would not take as much of the supplements but push the water. Tons of until you are sick of it for the first 2 to 2 and a half weeks. Eat balanced, lots of fruits and veggies. If you have your mma practice at night eat a bagel before so you make it thru some kind of carb or else you will gas half way thru. If I were you I would eat dinner before practice a small dinner and go to practice. After have an apple or orange just to feel good going to bed. I would eat eggs and fruit every morning, for lunch I would eat a lunch meat sandwhich or a piece of meat with more fruit or veggies. Chew gum it helps on the hunger. When you are a week away drink only water the whole time and drink only when you are thirsty. Eat small get on weight but if that is not possible get within 3-5 pounds and if it comes to it use plastic sweat suit and run the rest the weight off. This is mma so usually you weigh in 24 hours prior to you fight. You have all the next day to get the water in you and food. This is a lot of time to lose this weight considering you have around 10-20 pounds of water weight in your system right now. This cut is very possible. Good luck and be smart!

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Anabolicminds brother? :toofunny: Put down the pipe man.

I never advised him to low carb, I actually advised against it. I'm not even the OP. Reread the posts, you FAIL.

There is NOTHING wrong with losing 15 pounds in a month and 10 pounds of water pre-fight. It's part of the game. Obviously, he will sacrifice some muscle - but if he wants to compete, then go for it. Its not about the money.
I was addressing the OP to begin with, and he was the one talking about 30gs of carbs. I dont know how that constitutes a FAIL.

PS. We are all brothers man, just like an old Mayan greeting goes, "I am another you".

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I was addressing the OP to begin with, and he was the one talking about 30gs of carbs. I dont know how that constitutes a FAIL.

PS. We are all brothers man, just like an old Mayan greeting goes, "I am another you".
You were addressing the OP, but quoted me.

I'm over it... Its a diet guys, stop being so sensitive.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Actually everyone is acting like their on the periods IMO. Let's all just chill.

Now, if the OP's goal is bodybuilding then i think we all know dropping 15-25 lbs. in 4 weeks is not going to help meet goals. This guy is a fighter so his goals are different. It doesn't matter what the league, he wants to compete 155 lbs. If his post was, "should I compete 155 lbs, is it worth it" the responses would be justified but thats not what he said. He said, "I AM competing 155 lbs. and need help getting there".

OP - FYI, when I wrestled and the weigh-ins were the night before (infrequent but for certain tornaments) then you can drop 10+ lbs. the night before since you have so long to recover. Honestly, when weigh-in was a serious issue, no food 24-36 hours before weigh-ins and garbage bags ducked-tape on the arms, legs, torso and sit in the steam room. Laxatives if needed but don't take them less than 36 hours before match. I'm sure you know all this and I'm sure you know about recovery time between weigh-ins and the mat (e.g. not to over-indulge in "heavy" foods, etc., not too much sugar - a million other things you probably already know).

So you got 12-15 lbs to lose in 4 weeks, thats 3-4 lbs. per week. You will take a real hit in strength. Lots of discipline. Thinking back to my wrestling days, I cut lots without supps so I'm going to second Ripper. Diet, sleep, training. That's all you got bro.

Good luck dude - i want to definitely know how this turns out for you. Before and afters? Log maybe?

SHSUStudent

Awards
Just a bit more moral support for the OP - I too am a wrestler and I'd cut 6lbs of pure water and only have 3-4 hours to rehydrate before my first matches... luckily that was against the crap end of the bracket, so first match was usually pretty easy.

Lose 12-15lbs of actual fat over the course of the month and then cut the rest before weigh-in.

To address your actual question - I had amazing results with DCP+Leviathan Reloaded during my December cut before my cruise. But DCP is no longer available sadly.

What about running some Dermacrine + Lean Extreme/Alphaburn/TTA? Dermacrine is supposed to make you lose 3-4lbs over 4wks with no change in diet/excercise and increase strength at same time. The others all burn fat in different ways.

What do you guys think? If taking supps allows him 5lbs additional fat loss over the course of the month they are worth it. 5lbs less to cut before the fight would be great.

SHSUStudent

Awards
And I have never taken SX, but it's supposed to be amazing for a cut - especially a drastic one like this.

Dermacrine + SX maybe?

Bigblondekid

Awards
I would suggest going with T3 or T4 maybe. That will get you all cut up, gotta be careful though because you run the risk of messing up your thyroid. It will get you very lean though and fast. If not that then maybe try clen or albuterol, they will help you lean out while allowing you to keep your muscle and strength.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
the fat loss stack from PP (Dermacrine, CLA, GTE) actually is supposed to do a pretty good job. The GTE is whatever but the CLA I heard is pretty good if you take if right before meals and dermacrine definitely works.

xink

Awards
  • Established
And I have never taken SX, but it's supposed to be amazing for a cut - especially a drastic one like this.
I generally only see people hyped up over the great mood SX puts them in, I've read a few logs and overall it doesn't look like anything special.

Not bashing and I may be wrong, point me in the direction of some solid unsponsored or at least unbiased logs if you have any.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
AMEN!! in fact more and more grappling tournaments are doing weigh ins right before the matches. only a matter of time before mma starts doing the same.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 5
delsolrob Anabolics 7
Supplements 13
Supplements 1
Weight Loss 9