Beta alanine and protein mix post work?

crazyraymond

crazyraymond

Awards
Does taking beta alanine with protein post workout demolish the effects of beta alanine?

EZDUZIT

EZDUZIT

Awards
Supplementation with β-alanine has been shown to increase the concentration of carnosine in muscles, decrease fatigue in athletes and increase total muscular work done. Better results are taken as a pre workout supp.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
There will probably be competitive inhibition from all the other aminos in the protein. BA is best on an empty stomach with some carbs.

chim_chim

Awards
I think what you're asking is if Beta Alanine needs to be taken on an empty stomach -- similar to how certain amino acids need to be taken in isolation to compete for crossing the blood-brain barrier. (L-Tyrosine is one example.)

The answer is no, you can mix Beta Alanine with protein. Taking it in a carb/protein pre/peri-workout drink is a good way to go.

crazyraymond

crazyraymond

Awards
I know what beta ananine is that is why im taking it for football training.
I plan on taking intraXcell by athletic edge nutrition.
And the directions say to dose (2g) of beta alanine pre and post workout a total of (4g's). But I also drink my protein shake after my workout. And I don't know if the beta alanine would take effect while i drink my protein shake and have my beta alanine in my stomach at the same?? Ha

BiG in NYC 82

BiG in NYC 82

Awards
I know what beta ananine is that is why im taking it for football training.
I plan on taking intraXcell by athletic edge nutrition.
And the directions say to dose (2g) of beta alanine pre and post workout a total of (4g's). But I also drink my protein shake after my workout. And I don't know if the beta alanine would take effect while i drink my protein shake and have my beta alanine in my stomach at the same?? Ha
Taking BA along with your protein shake will not inhibit the effects of BA.

I have done so myself, reaped the benefits and therefore I say you are good to go as well...

crazyraymond

crazyraymond

Awards
Alright thank you my man.
That's all I wanted was a straight answer thanks again