All you scientists out there!

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.97%

Exclamation All you scientists out there!

I have been a little weary of mystery ingredients since taking Size On a while back. I am currently on white blood/ green mag for pwo. I am wondering about some of the ingredients in NO Shotgun V3. Specifically:

Gamma Buty robetaine
    Magnesium Tanshinoate B
    BPOV
    GPA
    Beta Phenylethylamine HCL
    R- beta Methylphenylethylamine
    Hordenine HCL

Please post if you know. Thanks

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by b18cyaaa View Post
    I have been a little weary of mystery ingredients since taking Size On a while back. I am currently on white blood/ green mag for pwo. I am wondering about some of the ingredients in NO Shotgun V3. Specifically:

Gamma Butyrobetaine
    Magnesium Tanshinoate B
    BPOV
    GPA
    Beta Phenylethylamine HCL
    R- beta Methylphenylethylamine
    Hordenine HCL

Please post if you know. Thanks
    Gamma Butyrobetaine- L-Carnitine pre-cur- has an effect on mitochondrial fatty acid metabolism; can supposedly be transported in a more efficient manner than carnitine

Magnesium Tanshinoate B- vasodialator with NO-enhancing properties

BPOV- form of vanadium- insulin mimicker

GPA- Guanidinopropionic Acid, prevents the transport of creatine into skeletal muscle

Beta Phenylethylamine HCL- PEA, actually in the same familiy of compounds (empathogens) as MDA and MDMA, mood-enhancing qualities, but only when taken with a MAO-B inhibitor like Hordenine

R- beta Methylphenylethylamine- methylated isomer of PEA, effects probably similar

Hordenine HCL- MAO-B inhibitor, increases the effectiveness of PEA
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.48%

Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    Gamma Butyrobetaine- L-Carnitine pre-cur- has an effect on mitochondrial fatty acid metabolism; can supposedly be transported in a more efficient manner than carnitine

Magnesium Tanshinoate B- vasodialator with NO-enhancing properties

BPOV- form of vanadium- insulin mimicker

GPA- Guanidinopropionic Acid, prevents the transport of creatine into skeletal muscle

Beta Phenylethylamine HCL- PEA, actually in the same familiy of compounds (empathogens) as MDA and MDMA, mood-enhancing qualities, but only when taken with a MAO-B inhibitor like Hordenine

R- beta Methylphenylethylamine- methylated isomer of PEA, effects probably similar

Hordenine HCL- MAO-B inhibitor, increases the effectiveness of PEA
    I hadn't paid enough attention to know that PEA was in this. No wonder I feel so good when I take it.

Anyone have more info on GPA?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.97%

Impressive.. thanks. Are all these supps safe? I don't want a GCC rendition.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by b18cyaaa View Post
    Impressive.. thanks. Are all these supps safe? I don't want a GCC rendition.
    No idea- I would def. stay away from GPA b/c of the issues with creatine uptake, but as far as some of the others go, it can be a crapshoot.....

I try to take the KISS approach to formulating our products- I look for potential benefits, scientific research on the given compound, interactions, dosage amounts, extract potency, potential synergism with other ingredients, co-factors, etc.

The more ingredients that you have in a SKU, the more careful you have to be- especially when it comes to stims, MAO Inhibitors, insulin mimetics, vasodialators, cholinergics, AChE inhibitors, etc.....

There are a lot of things out there, that, when taken in the wrong combination, can really **** you up.....this is why we always, always, always do very diligent alpha testing on all our SKUs- the more info you get on any given ingredient or combination, the better off you are

I log everything into a SS, both good and bad, when we test- that way I have a quick reference if any issues come up, and I can fix any issues before we mass-produce the SKU- it is similar to scaling up in chemistry- you tweak things around in the early stages and try to come up with the best method before you go into producing 1000's of bottles....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

Similar Forum Threads

1. Scientists report baldness breakthrough
    By Oswizle in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-03-2006, 03:16 AM
  2. Scientists turn fat cells into muscle.
    By bioman in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 12:06 PM
  3. Scientists grow new heart muscle
    By yeahright in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 02:26 AM
  4. Scientists Spot Cancer's 'Shield'
    By yeahright in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 03:00 PM