Recommend me Creatine!

alvintran12

Awards
Hi, I'm fairly a newbie. 150lbs probably less than 10% Body Fat. I'm not cut, but I'm looking to bulk up and become cut. I heard Creatine+Whey works good with a nice diet. I just take whey regularly before workouts in advance. I'd like to invest in Creatine but don't know what brand works the best or what is good. Please recommend brands I can buy at Vitamin Shoppe or GNC.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
Neovar not only is it a creatine mon but also a nutrient partioner so double whammy. and it also depends on wheater or not you want to take pills or to drink.
so
pills neovar
drink green mag.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Green Magnitude and NeoVar Recomped are awesome. Some other great options include Trinitine, Jack3d, Cre-02, Ragnarok, JP8, DominATP, and so on. They are all available at NutraPlanet.

Drago86

Awards
imo they are all pretty much the same,

I get mine from a bulk supplier, much much cheaper than all this branded rubbish and just as good

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
imo they are all pretty much the same,...
Nothing can be further from the truth! I personally am a negative (straight) creatine-monohydrate responder, so I would rather avoid it.

alvintran12

Awards
I think I want to invest in pills. Neovar is good?

MK9

MK9

Awards
  • Established
I am using Domain ATP with success, pre & post training and workout. Has all good performance enhancing supps that work together really well.
If you really want to enhance it, get yourself Effer-C by NOW, it comes loaded with vitamins, and a healthy dose of Vitamin C.
MK9

alvintran12

Awards
If you really want to enhance it, get yourself Effer-C by NOW, it comes loaded with vitamins, and a healthy dose of Vitamin C.
MK9
I think I'll invest in Effer-c.
I heard all Creatine is all the same. The guy previously recommended neovar

Is that better than this Vitamin Shoppe brand?

MK9

MK9

Awards
  • Established
Which Vitamin Shoppe Brand are you referring to Alvin? I will go to their site and check to see if I see it.
MK9

alvintran12

Awards
Which Vitamin Shoppe Brand are you referring to Alvin? I will go to their site and check to see if I see it.
MK9

Vitamin Shoppe Brand Creatine Monohydrate 100% Pure Caps

purebred

If you are a positive responder.
I wonder what % of the population actually isn't? I've always thought these to be part of a minority.
I heard all Creatine is all the same. The guy previously recommended neovar
Unfortunately, you heard wrong. For example, Kre-Alkalyn and CEE have been proven to be inferior to monohydrate. Bad news for a lot of companies.

alvintran12

Awards
I wonder what % of the population actually isn't? I've always thought these to be part of a minority.

Unfortunately, you heard wrong. For example, Kre-Alkalyn and CEE have been proven to be inferior to monohydrate. Bad news for a lot of companies.
If you believe this to be true, could you please answer my last question?

Neovar or Vitamin shoppe brand for creatine?

MK9

MK9

Awards
  • Established
I took a look a look at the brand, and for just maintenance which is approx 5 grams a day you are going to have to buy multiple bottles, which is not a problem considering the price.
My concern is the quality in which case I would call them and ask what kind of Creatine is it i.e. CreaPure, and I personally prefer the powder form with a scooper.

Definitely look for something that is using Creapure which seems to be a superior quality, and for max results you could take it post workout with your protein shake and it will help alot.
However you could split 5 pre/5 post, but to make it simple look for Creapure and get bulk, you can mix it with some juice, add your Effer-C and away you go :)
MK9

alvintran12

Awards
Creapure? Isn't that just powder? I think I'm going to go with pills on this one! Could you look at one more thing? Tell me if neovar is better than the vitamin shoppe brand!

MK9

MK9

Awards
  • Established
I would go for the Vitamin Shoppe brand especially the 300 count product, its good ol' fashion Creatine Monohydrate, the ingredients of the gel caps themselves is the lesser of the 2 evils.

Neovar gel cap ingredient: Geltain, Candurin Silver Fine, FD&C Red #3, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Blue #1.

Vitamin Shoppe gel cap ingredient: Rice flour, gelatin, water, magnesium stearate.

:)

MK9

purebred

If you believe this to be true, could you please answer my last question?

Neovar or Vitamin shoppe brand for creatine?
Ultimate Nutrition, Life Extension, ISS, Prolab, Kaizen, Reflex. to make your life a whole lot easier, find a brand that produces a 'Creapure' quality monohydrate and go with them. all of the listed recommendations i provided you with are companies who have a Creapure quality creatine product. i'm certain there are others out there as well.

don't overthink it: creatine in itself is an overrated supplement due to the big ordeal many people make of it. it's simply three amino acids: arginine, glycine and methionine. you can take it after and/or prior to training. all you need is 5g/daily and chase it with grape juice or apple juice.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
It's probably a pretty large chunk of the population who doesn't respond to mono. I love the stough, but it's just creatine. If your not beating the stored creatine out of your muscles(which is something that your average highschool athlete probably isn't doing much of) then it won't do much for you.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I will admit that I don't.
However, you yourself said that creatine was an overated supplement. I assume that you are probably highly into fitness, so if if that is your feeling, then some average highschool football player that spends a lot of time on the bench probably would find it even more overated than you do. Once again, this is all in theory, and I'm not suggesting that anyone scews with their hormones.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone have a problem with body fortress creatine mono?

ritchy

Banned
Awards
For what it costs and how effective it is, for sure go for it. To me training is not even worth doing if your not taking creatine, protein and vitamins. Monohydrate is super cheap and works for most people. If that causes you problems, maybe try something else.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
for the price universal storm is really good, i had some success with san v12 turbo, and beverely international creatine select gave me the most noticeable gains

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
Fancy= Sizeon
Cost effective= Bulk creatine gluconate

RepThat20

RepThat20

Banned
Awards
i like neovar the best.anything by appnut is good stuff