Optimum Nutrition

rdugan95

rdugan95

Awards
Gold Standard Whey Vs. Pro Complex. I'm working on my 3rd tub of the 100% whey but I have heard from several people that the pro Complex is also very good to consider. My goal is to gain lean muscle, Curruently am 6'1" about 180 lbs, 8-9% body fat. Not trying to put on 10 lbs if it's going to be sloppy weight so what do you guys think? Should i go with pro complex or does 100% whey sound more for me

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
to get more bang for your buck I'd stick w/ the Gold Standard. You get more than double the servings for a few bucks less. Just makes sense to me. You do get a protein blend w/ the Pro Complex and some vitamins....but if you're taking a good multi and getting your protein from various sources then that aspect of pro complex doesn't matter at all anyway. Increase your cal's through whole foods, don't rely on powders.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
I have been takign the Pro-Complex for some time....it is awesome!!! The big tub that is 4.6lbs is about $50. With 29 servings. Only has 260 calories and 60g protein! Has 15grams of BCAA's in it, and tons of vitamins and minerals. I actually only use 1 scoop instead of 2 per serving and the tub lasts me for 58 servings. Gold standard whey has 24 grams of protein and about 5grams of BCAA's. I love the Pro Complex and it's my ultimate choice for Protein.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Only has 260 calories and 60g protein! Has 15grams of BCAA's in it, and tons of vitamins and minerals. I actually only use 1 scoop instead of 2 per serving and the tub lasts me for 58 servings. Gold standard whey has 24 grams of protein and about 5grams of BCAA's. .
so one scoop of pro complex has 30g of protein and 7.5g of bcaa's versus the gold standard which is 24g of protein and 5g of protein. sounds like a wash to me. whichever is cheaper is the one i would buy.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
so one scoop of pro complex has 30g of protein and 7.5g of bcaa's versus the gold standard which is 24g of protein and 5g of protein. sounds like a wash to me. whichever is cheaper is the one i would buy.
you still have to look at how many servings you get and the price....I don't know how many servings you get out of the gold standard tub....but if they are the same then yes you are correct. I just find the pro complex to taste very well and like the added vitamins and minerals.

rdugan95

rdugan95

Awards
yeah my current stack is...

Men's Daily Multi-V
ON whey
NO shotgun
(just finished a 3 month cycle of creatine gonna stay off for a few weeks)
USP PowerFULL
Fish oil

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
you still have to look at how many servings you get and the price....I don't know how many servings you get out of the gold standard tub....but if they are the same then yes you are correct. I just find the pro complex to taste very well and like the added vitamins and minerals.
With Gold Standard at $45 at Nutra, you get 72 servings. I think the Pro complex is $50 at nutra for 29 servings. Even if you take 1/2 the serving size of Pro Complex and extend the jug to 58 servings, you still get 14 more servings w/ the Gold Standard for $5 less. I've considered buying Pro Complex several times but just can't justify that price tag in comparison to what you get. 2.5g more BCAA and 6g more protein. LOL....I'll pass and stick w/ old faithful. I've been taking Gold Standard for YEARS. Actually the only other protein powders I've tried are Muscle Milk (which is great BTW) and All The Whey (for the taste). I believe the name "Gold Standard" is relatively justified.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
With Gold Standard at $45 at Nutra, you get 72 servings. I think the Pro complex is $50 at nutra for 29 servings. Even if you take 1/2 the serving size of Pro Complex and extend the jug to 58 servings, you still get 14 more servings w/ the Gold Standard for $5 less. I've considered buying Pro Complex several times but just can't justify that price tag in comparison to what you get. 2.5g more BCAA and 6g more protein. LOL....I'll pass and stick w/ old faithful. I've been taking Gold Standard for YEARS. Actually the only other protein powders I've tried are Muscle Milk (which is great BTW) and All The Whey (for the taste). I believe the name "Gold Standard" is relatively justified.
Then you answered the question :) DIn't now how many servings you got with gold

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
Stick with Gold Standard. Best bang for the buck. The Pro Complex is good but you dont need all the added goodies if you are eating your whole foods often and taking a multi. Gold Standard def. for the win.