Creatine + juice?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.06%

Creatine + juice?

i have some creatine mono in the cupboard that i havent taken in a while because i dont find it did much if anything form me. a friend tells me its because im not taking it with juice or pepsi. Does taking creatine with a soda or juice make it work better or is he just telling me bull****?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Insulin can help you absorb a little more creatine, but you could always just take it with a high carb meal, and if you don't have low creatine levels, the supplement honestly won't do much.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.59%

Quote Originally Posted by booya123 View Post
    i have some creatine mono in the cupboard that i havent taken in a while because i dont find it did much if anything form me. a friend tells me its because im not taking it with juice or pepsi. Does taking creatine with a soda or juice make it work better or is he just telling me bull****?
    You can use juice as a way of spiking insulin levels which will shuttle creatine to the muscle cells. If that doesnt do much for you, you could try a creatine product with higher-bioavailability that you would notice effects as more gets to where you want it to (intact) Some people say Mono is the best as it is the most tested, i say try various products so you can see which you respond to the best.

Zues
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.97%

Try having 5 grams BEFORE a workout, sip on a Gatorade / Whey shake DURING your workout and then have another 5 grams AFTER your workout.

And of course drink plenty of water.

That dosing has worked well for me.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.4%

Take the creatine (as long as it hasn't expired) for 4-6 weeks. Do 5 grams before and after workout as stated above (I only do 5 grams before). After a week you should reach the saturation point and then will begin to see gains in strength. Their is hard science behind creatine and if you take it religously not missing doses it will work for you. If you still aren't seeing results try a different form of creatine, I have taken many and currently am taking Green Magnitude by Controlled Labs (Di creatine Malate and Magnesium Creatine Chelated). It is relatively inexpensive and I have seen decent gains with it.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.97%

If you're not getting results as stated above or are getting some stomach issues try having it with meals.The absorbtion might be better.

Creatine Mono (Creapure) is a very good product so experiment a bit with it.

Similar Forum Threads

1. What to mix creatine mono with? Grape Juice? Water?
    By philek9 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 12:45 AM
  2. Creatine Ethyl Ester or Creatine Monohydrate?
    By BoyFromAus in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 11:36 AM
  3. Creatine Ethyl Ester Vs. Creatine Monohydrate
    By Bishop2009 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 08-21-2007, 01:47 PM
  4. Grape Juice + Creatine Post Workout
    By Bildo_21 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 02:26 PM
  5. Replies: 28