ON 100% Gold Standard Whey - AnabolicMinds.com

ON 100% Gold Standard Whey

Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Unhappy ON 100% Gold Standard Whey

Hey, I am in serious need of help. I take ON Whey protein after my workouts but every time I take it, it makes my stomach hurt very bad, and gives me gas. It hurts so bad that I have to lie down and feel like puking. I know the gas is normal, but the stomach aches are extremely painful. I've tried taking it on a full stomach, on an empty stomach, with water, with milk, everything and no matter what I do I still get the pain. I'm not sure if maybe the protein is expired or something...

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas for what to do?

Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.

Ive used gold standard for like...... 4 yrs now. No problems here. I love the stuff. In fact I know many people who use their products with no problem. Hate to say it, but its probably just you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain Eater View Post
    Hey, I am in serious need of help. I take ON Whey protein after my workouts but every time I take it, it makes my stomach hurt very bad, and gives me gas. It hurts so bad that I have to lie down and feel like puking. I know the gas is normal, but the stomach aches are extremely painful. I've tried taking it on a full stomach, on an empty stomach, with water, with milk, everything and no matter what I do I still get the pain. I'm not sure if maybe the protein is expired or something...

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas for what to do?
    Are you lactose intollerant?

You may want to try some digestive enzymes and probiotics to see if they can help, but getting another product might be the best answer if the pain continues.
    •   

Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

The gas is normal? Only thing i don't like about ON whey is the taste but I never get gas no matter which brand it is.
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Just eat some meat and carbohydrates PWO. Chicken and rice, steak and potatoes... You don't NEED protein shakes. Sometimes I just get teryiyaki PWO since it's really close to my gym
    Stats
    5'11"  178 lbs.

been using ON Gold for like 5 years, no issues, love that protein, especially banana and mint chocolate :P
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

I had the same problem. ON 100% Gold Standard Whey has both whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate. You could try a protein mix that contains only whey protein isolate. It is easier on the stomach if you are lactose intolerant. I personally like Allthewhey brand.
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.

Try an whey isolate only product and see if that helps. You could probably ask for a sample from one of the companies (ON, All the Whey, etc.).
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

I've been using it for a while and have never had stomach pains, an alternative great whey you can take is Nectar, which is less of a "creamy" whey and more of a "fruity" whey. Just a suggestion, it's a little more expensive but its supposed to taste great and I'm probably gonna pick up a tub of it once I finish my GS whey just to mix it up.
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Thumbs up Thanks

Ok, thanks for all the replies. No I'm not lactose intolerant, but Ill probably just go with what Jordinator said and have some meat and carbs instead.

Similar Forum Threads

1. ON 100% Whey Gold Standard Price?
    By SurfDan5 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 04:48 PM
  2. Optimum 100% Whey Gold Standard
    By beric83 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 07:56 AM
  3. VP2 vs 100% whey gold standard
    By ItsHectic in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 07:59 AM
  4. ON Whey Protein Gold Standard (10 lb)
    By MystikalSoul in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 09:04 PM
  5. Whey Gold Standard in Hot Coffee?
    By drivehard in forum Recipes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 04:41 PM