Back to Basics

MuscleMind

Awards
So I was perusing around the boards and realized how many supplements are out there and how much are BS and what not.

I want to re-build my supplement selection, but don't want to over-do it. Considering I plan on clean bulking...nothing too fancy, what supplements do you guys recommend?

Protein Powder
Pre-Workout (I like Jack3d)
and whatever else you think is necessary without going overboard.

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
Bcaa, a night time protein blend (or use your current protein shake + pb), and maybe some caffeine (at lease for me).

MuscleMind

Awards
What protein do you recommend? I know it should be isolate, not concentrate..so for price:quality, which is best?

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
What protein do you recommend? I know it should be isolate, not concentrate..so for price:quality, which is best?
night time on casein. no whey at bed time

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
You can make a homemade pwo by combining oats and your favorite shake.
Or by purchasing some waxy maize and mixing it with your protein shake.

Generally I consider Optimum Nutrition's protein shakes a standard. But there are some other noteworthy companies like All the Whey, Cytosport, Gaspari, and BSN.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
BCAA-RecoverPro
Preworkout-Maniac
Word!

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I'd say BCAA powder, l-leucine powder, casein protein powder, and fish oil.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Whey digest way too fast. Casein is a nighttime protein because it clumps up in your stomach and digests slowly.
so does a nice big meatloaf sandwich and a cup or two of cottage cheese, plus its really filling and tastes good.

Paul1984

Awards
I take BCAA pre and post workout, plus L-Glutamine 3 x a day, milk protein before bed and whey in the morning. Other than that its a whole food clean diet....

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Basics pretty much in my mind would be... Whey protein, fish oil, multi vitamin, bcaa's, creatine and if needed a pre work out supp.

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
All the Whey in morning and post
ON casein at night
fish oil
multi-vitamin
bulk creatine mono or check out neovar

AND

I always focus on getting good post-workout supp/shakes/meals. Be sure to get a good insulin spike and some quick digesting proteins, this will help you avoid the post-workout catabolic state that will destroy your gains. My favorite is Dark Matter. It has it all: simple carbs, protein, creatine, and waxy maize starch.

Chris