protein powder and digestion

Buffgammaman

Awards
If protein powder gives you alot of gas and a mild case of the runs every now and then does that mean it's not being absorbed and digested well?

b18cyaaa

b18cyaaa

Awards
I would say yes if it happens shortly after you take it. What kind do you take? I have experienced that problem in the past (Met-Rx). However not with better quality powders like Isopure, ISS Research Whey, Syntha-6. Isopure is best but is expensive. ISS Research Whey is good and cheaper.

Buffgammaman

Awards
I take dynamatize elite. do you know if this is a good brand or not?

I chose it because it tastes good and it's cheap but I didn't know that there would be big differences in qulity between brands.

b18cyaaa

b18cyaaa

Awards
I've taken dymatize's 12 hour protein and it is one of the worst I've ever had. I returned it. Their High Protein cereal isn't too bad. Try something a little better quality it will cost about 10 to 20 cents more per serving but will taste better, digest better, give little no to gas (unless it's got a ton of fiber) and often these powders would be enhanced with additional BCAAs and L-Glutamine for better recovery. I highly recommend Isopure it has 50 grams of protein per serving, it is a whey isolate (fastest absorbtion), 4.6 grams of L-Glutamine, all your BCAAs (Leucine, Iso-Leucine, Valine etc.), it has half a serving of your daily vitamins, mixes with a spoon and tastes like chocolate milk. I've tried many and this is the best. Shop around and you can get a tub online for what a tub of syntha-6 would cost in the mall. A cheaper powder that is of good quality is ISS Research's whey it has 45ish grams of protein, glutamine peptides and BCAAs. Dymatize is so cheap for a reason.

Buffgammaman

Awards
I've taken dymatize's 12 hour protein and it is one of the worst I've ever had. I returned it. Their High Protein cereal isn't too bad. Try something a little better quality it will cost about 10 to 20 cents more per serving but will taste better, digest better, give little no to gas (unless it's got a ton of fiber) and often these powders would be enhanced with additional BCAAs and L-Glutamine for better recovery. I highly recommend Isopure it has 50 grams of protein per serving, it is a whey isolate (fastest absorbtion), 4.6 grams of L-Glutamine, all your BCAAs (Leucine, Iso-Leucine, Valine etc.), it has half a serving of your daily vitamins, mixes with a spoon and tastes like chocolate milk. I've tried many and this is the best. Shop around and you can get a tub online for what a tub of syntha-6 would cost in the mall. A cheaper powder that is of good quality is ISS Research's whey it has 45ish grams of protein, glutamine peptides and BCAAs. Dymatize is so cheap for a reason.

Thanks alot man, apreaciate it.

I do know the dymatize elite is a whey isolate but it doesn't have all the extra stuff vitimins ect and it's only 30 grams protien per serving.

How's the flavor of that ISS Research's protien?

DEADn

DEADn

Awards
I have used Dymatize as well. I don't think it is very good at all. Matter of fact the stuff I got says isolate when it really isn't. It is a mix of isolate and concentrate but because the isolate is first on the ingredients they get away with the ad for it. I can also tell when I mix it because it looks clumpy and it looks like someone just had the runs if you know what I mean? I tend to travel between ON, Animal, and True Protein. Right now I have ON Pro Complex. The Isolate is the better stuff if you can fork over the cash for it.

bigmoe65

bigmoe65

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would say yes if it happens shortly after you take it. What kind do you take? I have experienced that problem in the past (Met-Rx). However not with better quality powders like Isopure, ISS Research Whey, Syntha-6. Isopure is best but is expensive. ISS Research Whey is good and cheaper.
I agree Isopure is really good. I have an extremely sensitive stomach and Isopure causes me no discomfort at all. I tried the ATW isolate which is a great value but it bothered my stomach. Vitamin shoppe sells Isopure for only 34.00 for three pounds which isnt to bad of a deal.

b18cyaaa

b18cyaaa

Awards
Thanks alot man, apreaciate it.

I do know the dymatize elite is a whey isolate but it doesn't have all the extra stuff vitimins ect and it's only 30 grams protien per serving.

How's the flavor of that ISS Research's protien?

I took the strawberry and it's good. Must mix in a blender. Like the other guys said Isopure is best and 34 for 3 pounds is pretty good.

DEADn

DEADn

Awards
I agree Isopure is really good. I have an extremely sensitive stomach and Isopure causes me no discomfort at all. I tried the ATW isolate which is a great value but it bothered my stomach. Vitamin shoppe sells Isopure for only 34.00 for three pounds which isnt to bad of a deal.
I used 2 glass bottles of isopure. I have never used the powder. Is there any difference? The liquid I drank was awful. It left my mouth screaming for moisture because it seemed to take all the moisture out of my mouth.

Imeniaan

Awards
  • Established
Take protein powder with 1200 mgs of bromelaine. Amazing stuff.

bigmoe65

bigmoe65

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I used 2 glass bottles of isopure. I have never used the powder. Is there any difference? The liquid I drank was awful. It left my mouth screaming for moisture because it seemed to take all the moisture out of my mouth.
I have never tried the ready to drink so I cant comment but the powder is really good in my opinion. I have on tried vanilla and chocolate.

b18cyaaa

b18cyaaa

Awards
The Isopure RTD's and powder are like night and day. The RTD's are great for you, initial taste is ok, the aftertaste is awful. I know what you mean about dryin you out it makes you not want another sip. I think they made them just to prove their protein powder dissolves clear. The powder tubs tastes the best of any powder I've tried. Just like chocolate milk good initial taste, no aftertaste. When I worked at Vitamin World I sold them to everybody and almost never got one returned. I think I had a vanilla once. If you know protein powder, you will love Chocolate Isopure. Just bought 7.5 lbs this weekend.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
EpiStrong Supplements 30
LJ57 Supplements 23
LJ57 Supplements 1
akboom87 Supplements 34
Supplements 7