anybody who uses l-carnitine

GetDatFool

GetDatFool

Awards
Im just now learning about l-carnitine and considering getting some, supposed to help break down fats better, can you tell much of a difference?

salava29

salava29

Awards
yea it is suppose to help with the oxidation of fat, burning it and using it as an energy source. I am on a cut right now and have been dosing it 2.5/g before my morning cardio, and then another gram in the afternoon. I have noticed a difference, seem to be burning alot of fat in my lower abs.

GetDatFool

GetDatFool

Awards
well hells bells, i guess i better get some, i wonder if liquid or pills is better? what are you taking?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Its the carnitine shuttle used in beta oxidation to help acticate the fat before cleaving off acetyl coas.

Its important in fatty acid metabolism

GetDatFool

GetDatFool

Awards
is there diff between Acetyl-L Carnitine and L Carnitine

b18cyaaa

b18cyaaa

Awards
I've used L-Carnitine when I was thinner and saw a noticable difference. I am taking it now that I am heavier and can't tell much of a difference but I wouldn't be able to see it anyway. Acetyl L- Carnitine is better than L-carnitine. I forget the difference. L- Carnitine works by breaking down fatty acids and in addition is good for hormone support.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
whats that do?
Increases testosterone. Alcar is superior in IMO. It's a staple in my supplement regimen and has a lot of other benifets as well. It has great effects on mood and I'm always ready to workout when I take it.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
As far as androgen recepters go that's regular carnitine at up to 4-5 g per day because the am$ount of which turns in to l carnitin l tartarate (spelling?)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As far as androgen recepters go that's regular carnitine at up to 4-5 g per day because the am$ount of which turns in to l carnitin l tartarate (spelling?)
Regular carnitine converts into L-Carnitine-L-Tartrate?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
From what I read in an article a while back. It does however u know how those articles go in mens health lol

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
From what I read in an article a while back. It does however u know how those articles go in mens health lol
Without the salt of tartaric acid (i.e. tartrate), pure l-carnitine has a completely different bioactivity.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yea I believe some L carnitines (NOW brand powder) is labeled as l carnitine but contains the l tartrate (says in parenthesis on the bottle lol)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does that mean that ALCAR doesn't up regulate AR's?
L-Carnitine L-Tartrate (LCLT) appears to be better at this. In particular, LCLT is known to induce anabolic effects by stimulating an increase in the tissue docking sites of androgen receptors. Apart from muscle protein synthesis, these anabolic effects obviously include truncated duration of tissue-repair processes, faster recovery from physical stress, and enhanced endurance.

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
Im just now learning about l-carnitine and considering getting some, supposed to help break down fats better, can you tell much of a difference?
Over at x-rep.com Lawson and Steve Holman RAVE about this supp. for burning fat. I've never tried though, actaully I've had it but not in the amounts they suggest.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Well, they say that carnitine can actually be used to treat people with overactive thyroids because it can interfere with the production of thyroid hormone. Most people never notice that side effect, but I am one of those who took the stuff and felt like they needed a nap/cold body temperature/low energy.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I was doing 4 grams of ALCAR after workouts. I probably overdid it.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I was doing 4 grams of ALCAR after workouts. I probably overdid it.
I love the stuff- great for natty test production, the CV system, mitochondrial function, the list of positives on carnitine is endless.....I take 2 grams in the AM, and 2 before bed- I get a huge boost in energy and recovery when I take it regularly