Protein effectivness over long period?

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
I was jus wondering if there is any research out there that say "if a person uses one type of protein for exteneded periods of time if the effectivness can be lost like most other supplemnets when used for duration.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I've never seen research, but I would imagine their would be no loss of effectiveness. Protein is protein. We need protein on a daily basis. Should you rely on protein powders to meet your daily needs? NO!
Solid foods are always your best bet for meeting your dietary needs. Even I currently rely too heavily on my protein powders, but they are a unexpendable staple.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i doubt it. for lack of a better comparison, its like vitamin C. there's no such thing as building up a tolerance. IMO.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
i doubt it. for lack of a better comparison, its like vitamin C. there's no such thing as building up a tolerance. IMO.
I read somewhere that high doses of vitamin C without the other nutrients needed to make it useful, can actually deplete your body of somme nutrients over time.

ecupirate

Awards
You need protein for the body to function normally because practially everything in ur body is made up of some sort of protein

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
I try to switch it up every other month just in case, i do rely on protein shakes for a 1/3 of my intake but, there is days its 50%. Gosh when did eating become a job lol

malou

malou

Awards
Gosh when did eating become a job lol
thank God it is not i ll job less having trouble gettin 3500 cals
never heard anything about that subject like suncloud said
you cannot buid tolerance on protein.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
At least you don't get tired of the same ol same ol!

Awards
I guess it would be possible to develope an allergy to a certain brand. But most of the time i think you would see an increase tolerance to from oral consumption.