What is the best Protein?

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
What is the best protein and why? I am looking to find something that works well and has quality ingredients.

Future

Egg protein. Highest biological value. Great stuff. And egg whites are cheap.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Whole eggs. Nutrient packed,The Highest Bio Available Protein. 9-12 a day within your fat requirements ;)

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
Whole eggs. Nutrient packed,The Highest Bio Available Protein. 9-12 a day within your fat requirements ;)
when you say eggs, in what form are you refering to? Is there a certain brand of protein supplement that is the best?

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
I ment real eggs.. not supplements. ON makes a good egg protein supplement.
ok, right now I am using ON's Pro Complex. Comparing the two, the Pro Complex has a lot more vitamins...is the egg protein still going to work better?

spadesofaces

Awards
define "best."

Casein hydrolysate is the fastest absorbing protein, as its essentially pre-digested and bypasses the stomach for straight absorbtion in the small intestine.

Regular casein is one of the slowest digesting proteins, perfect for a pre-bed shake.

As others mentioned before, egg protein is very complete and bioavailable.

it all depends on your needs.

lift or die

Awards
Baked chicken breasts can have up to 30 grams of protein and i would also agree eggs...

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
ok, right now I am using ON's Pro Complex. Comparing the two, the Pro Complex has a lot more vitamins...is the egg protein still going to work better?
If your concerned about nutrients and vitamins.. that's why I suggested real eggs. There is no substitute for real food nutrients. Supplements are designed to fill in the gaps of your diet.. they are not essential. It's really not going to make a significant difference switching from the pro complex to the egg protein.

b18cyaaa

b18cyaaa

Awards
If your looking for a supplement powder I rely on Isopure. It has 50 grams of protein, 4.6 grams glutamine, BCAAs and it is almost a multi too. Tastes great and mixes with a spoon. My favorite.