Best supplement for fastest srength gain?

ambushunter

Awards
I'm sure everyone has what they think works best, but I'm looking for some ideas. I just started lifting again and want to build muscle relitivly fast, so I can get to the size I should be. Any suggestions?

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
supplements.....Creatine....beta alanine.

DS/PH will give u faster strength/size gains but most of them make u feel like sht, and the sides arent worth it.

You can get massive with heavy hard training/lots of food/ and these 2 supplements.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm sure everyone has what they think works best, but I'm looking for some ideas. I just started lifting again and want to build muscle relitivly fast, so I can get to the size I should be. Any suggestions?
EAT EAT EAT!!!

Make sure that you're using the basic staples:
* Creatine
* MUltivitamin
* Good Fats
* Protein Powder
* BCAAs

If you've just started lifting again, then you are gong to get pretty rapid results simply because of that. Make the most of it before adding more than the staples in.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I think Super Cissus's myotropic effects are vastly underrated.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Im sure they are but its still yet to be proven that anything beats a creatine+beta alanine combination for strength and endurance.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Creatine and BA are very overrated IMO. When you're virgins to each, I think they work well, but the results fade with time. Endurance and recovery improve pretty handily, but I believe CM to be a better lactic acid buffering agent and all around better supplement. Believe me, I used to love beta alanine and creatine, especially in conjunction with one another, but my last run with each was disappointing to say the least.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Creatine and BA are very overrated IMO. When you're virgins to each, I think they work well, but the results fade with time. Endurance and recovery improve pretty handily, but I believe CM to be a better lactic acid buffering agent and all around better supplement. Believe me, I used to love beta alanine and creatine, especially in conjunction with one another, but my last run with each was disappointing to say the least.
ok? then if a supplement..yes a SUPPLEMENT isnt working well....maybe you should look at your diet and training and do something there rather than saying the most time tested supplement ever created doesnt work?

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
Damn searl u seem pissed someone doesn't like your combination!
I don't like Beta Alanine.. does it give me a lil endurance? I'd say so- Does it give me an upset stomach? Definately.
Creatine on the other hand I agree with you: A nice hefty dose of creatine and a mild stim before a workout and I can push my PR's to the limit! I've only tried CM and CEE however.. I heard the magnesium chelate is very good also.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
no Im not pssed, im simply tired of being on this site and hearing KIDS blame or slight supplements when there not seeing results.

Its really frustrating, and beta alanine takes almost a month to really start noticing its effects.

Again...I emplore anyone who can find me supplements with more science and result proven facts on a supplement...I dont think anyone can, thats why im so confident.

and someone ripped me off th eother day in my building and ive been stalking he fcker for 2 days trying to find him...thats pssing me off more than you could imagine. hes gotta come out that elevator eventually...and when he does....ggggrrr

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
I honestly think when i started taking 15grams of BCAA's before i worked out, i made better gains. I quit taking it and now progress is crawling.

GaWd

GaWd

Awards
It doesn't seem likely to see diminishing returns over time with Creatine. Your body should respond to it the same way, as long as you are a responder. Non-responders will obviosuly see different results.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
no Im not pssed, im simply tired of being on this site and hearing KIDS blame or slight supplements when there not seeing results.

Its really frustrating, and beta alanine takes almost a month to really start noticing its effects.

Again...I emplore anyone who can find me supplements with more science and result proven facts on a supplement...I dont think anyone can, thats why im so confident.

and someone ripped me off th eother day in my building and ive been stalking he fcker for 2 days trying to find him...thats pssing me off more than you could imagine. hes gotta come out that elevator eventually...and when he does....ggggrrr
1. That's ridiculous, chill out. I'm not just some *kid*; everything was spot on and the products didn't deliver. Everyone's different.
2. I'm getting stronger and losing fat from Blue Up and Cissus, with drastically less food intake than when I supplemented with BA and creatine.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
1. That's ridiculous, chill out. I'm not just some *kid*; everything was spot on and the products didn't deliver. Everyone's different.
2. I'm getting stronger and losing fat from Blue Up and Cissus, with drastically less food intake than when I supplemented with BA and creatine.
Id agree also, ive used beta-alanine and its good in combination, to provide endurance, and less doms, but as you say Cissus hands down is stronger than just about anything, plus its good for you...RS

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established

word bro, the best gains i ever had were when my sleep diet and training wer spot on,
to the op eggs, have been peoven to increase strength, more specificly the yokes and eny1 who says other wise is just goingwith the crowd and really has no idea wat there sayin.

no dawg when he comes out the elevator give him a fat pop in the upper lip!

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
For me the best strength gains came from MAN Clout and Prime.

4Runner

Awards
get some Jacked, Stakabol or Finaflex 550 and a good PCT. and of course make sure to EAT EAT EAT!

4Runner

Awards
just make sure you know what you're getting, any prohormones that you buy that wont print what they actually have inside them is always a bad idea. ones that just say for instance, Prime Blend (Proprietary blend) 600mg....is a bunch of crap! prime blend of what????

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
get some Jacked, Stakabol or Finaflex 550 and a good PCT. and of course make sure to EAT EAT EAT!
He just started lifting again, so it's basically understood that his training stimulus is fairly underdeveloped. Maybe a year down the road he can start with hormones after he's figured out a diet that works for him as well as different training methods.

jackedandtan1

jackedandtan1

Awards
yea i got to agree just getting back into no need for ph so id say creatine and arginine

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
creatine mono can't be beat for price and gains.

4Runner

Awards
He just started lifting again, so it's basically understood that his training stimulus is fairly underdeveloped. Maybe a year down the road he can start with hormones after he's figured out a diet that works for him as well as different training methods.
:sigh1:

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I honestly think when i started taking 15grams of BCAA's before i worked out, i made better gains. I quit taking it and now progress is crawling.
yeah i agree. i was doing 10g pre and post workout and then later in the day so say 20-30g bulk bcaa's a day and i was making great progress, then i ran out and ended up going on a 3 week crazed drinking bender. :(

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

1-T by Primordial Performance

airram479

Awards
  • Established
White Flood,Green Magnitude,Purple Wrath. All made by CONTROLLED LABS. Been using that combo for almost 12 mos,good stuff. Price to serving ratio compared to other's is unbeatable.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
i duno how u handle the purple wraath pre workout... ive tried it multiple times and every time i swear the beta alanine turns my workouts into garbage. i even used BA bulk and it hindered my workouts more than anything. i feel like i just sweat and get itchy and i get pissed. taking BA at night doesnt bother me tho. maybe im wierd?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Honestly for the best strength gain(not size but strength) the best thing I ever had was Somnidren GH and ZMK. Also some great sleep. You dont feel like you have energy, but when you get to the gym, everything is so...so light!

MEPSE

MEPSE

Awards
I know that creatine mono works for many, but it does absolutely nothing for me. I have yet to find any nitric oxide that gives me a pump either. I find that many things work, but you just have to find what works for you. I would take some opinions and try the supplements out for yourself. You'll find what works for you...

ambushunter

Awards
Well I'm just getting down to the body wieght I wan abe at. Got rid of excess body fat still have some to go but will work on that as I lift. I had cut my calorie intake way back, but eating high protien low fat diet. I plan on taking creatine and some kind of protien supp. The guy at GNC was pushing there creatine amp 189, pills just 2 a day, and there wheybolic with 60 g. of protien. What do you think?

hounded66

Awards
creatine, beta alanine, and gluatamine ... works great

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Well I'm just getting down to the body wieght I wan abe at. Got rid of excess body fat still have some to go but will work on that as I lift. I had cut my calorie intake way back, but eating high protien low fat diet. I plan on taking creatine and some kind of protien supp. The guy at GNC was pushing there creatine amp 189, pills just 2 a day, and there wheybolic with 60 g. of protien. What do you think?
1. Low fat diets are better for maintaining low body fat while getting stronger/bigger (hard feat to pull off..) Low carb diets work to lose fat when at a higher bf % by increasing your sensitivity to insulin. Also, when spikes are intelligently scheduled, you can increase strength and size more noticeably.
2. Screw GNC and "Creatine Amp 189", it's probably just a CEE pill, which have never been proven to work. 60 grams of protein is overkill especially if it's pure whey isolate or even just a pure whey blend... I would take a scoop with some milk just towards the end of your workout, get a nice complex carb meal in, and have another scoop and a half with some natural peanut butter and a splash of milk (~1/2 cup). Stir that up, and that's one tasty post-workout treat.
3. Screw GNC. Get All The Whey brand whey protein blend or whey protein isolate. These are by far the most cost effective protein blends out there, they don't spare quality, and taste fantastic without being overly caloric.

And to everyone pushing steroids on this guy...this is the supplement forum. Nowhere did he say he'd be interested in a cycle. Everyone complains and immediate links to the forum rules when people ask about steroids in the supplement forum, and here we have a guy asking for supplements and we're suggesting steroids. A bit hypocritical.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
The best strength gains come from manning up and pushing the reps out when you think you can't. I believe alot of supplement benefit comes from the placebo effect. Many people take something and think that they can work out harder so they do. I am not implying creatine, BA, and BCAA don't help, which they obviously do, but alot of putting the work in at the gym comes simply from mental toughness.

By the way, I love the tingles/jitters/itch BA gives

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
It all depends on how much creatine your burning. Maby this guys cratine levels were a lot lower the first time he took it that they are now.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Beta alanine just doesn't feel healthy to me. Doese anyone know about any health research on the stuff. I'm sure that it's not to bad for you, but it's also not God's gift to workouts.

xpin2winx

Awards
i would have to say creatine. The creatine i used that made my bench sky rocket would be Storm.

ambushunter

Awards
1. Low fat diets are better for maintaining low body fat while getting stronger/bigger (hard feat to pull off..) Low carb diets work to lose fat when at a higher bf % by increasing your sensitivity to insulin. Also, when spikes are intelligently scheduled, you can increase strength and size more noticeably.
2. Screw GNC and "Creatine Amp 189", it's probably just a CEE pill, which have never been proven to work. 60 grams of protein is overkill especially if it's pure whey isolate or even just a pure whey blend... I would take a scoop with some milk just towards the end of your workout, get a nice complex carb meal in, and have another scoop and a half with some natural peanut butter and a splash of milk (~1/2 cup). Stir that up, and that's one tasty post-workout treat.
3. Screw GNC. Get All The Whey brand whey protein blend or whey protein isolate. These are by far the most cost effective protein blends out there, they don't spare quality, and taste fantastic without being overly caloric.

And to everyone pushing steroids on this guy...this is the supplement forum. Nowhere did he say he'd be interested in a cycle. Everyone complains and immediate links to the forum rules when people ask about steroids in the supplement forum, and here we have a guy asking for supplements and we're suggesting steroids. A bit hypocritical.

Thanks for the input on the gnc products, what would be the best brand of creatin to take? I have a buddy that swears by cell tech but that stuff burns the back of the throat. I'm more into getting bigger now then loosing wieght. I dropped 20 pounds in a month and feel great. I'm ready to get big but still want a low bf%, but dont wana get huge, just look good and be plenty strong.

BifWebster

Awards
RPM you will feel right away. Do a search, your not going to find much feedback on it that isnt overly positive.
Creatine & Beta-Alanine, there not overrated. they do need about a week or so to really start feeling it, just get the generics and mix with crystal lite or something, its cheaper that way and those are the effective ingredients in all these pre-workout mixes anyway.
Theres a lot of research on L-Tyrosine being good for physical strength and cns recovery (CNS is an extremely important factor for strength.) I have no firsthand experience with it though, besides using Biotest's product called powerdrive years ago, which was significantly effective for strength gains, when i was using it. Not sure if they still make that product or not though.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
I'd have to agree, Universal's Storm is probably the best I have used for quick noticable gains. I am using up some of my old stock right now, but my next purchase is Storm, IntraAid, and Liver.

enswalters

Awards
GNC is a ripoff.

theBIGcactus

theBIGcactus

Awards
  • Established
NOS ether, JP8 is good also but the grape messed with my stomache and my brother and friend also, but alot of people like the JP8 grape

airram479

Awards
  • Established
Go to your local GNC and pick up some Muscletech. Test subjects gained muscle fast!!!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For me the best strength gains came from MAN Clout and Prime.
I was waiting for someone to mention Prime... just don't forget some AP mixed in as well.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Creatine, Whey, Glutamine works for most people that lift smart consistently. JMO