Wow Zinc

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
About one week ago I started taking 50mg of Zinc and 250mg of magnesium before bed. And it has made all the difference in the world. I have more energy, higher sex drive and my appetite is bigger and I just feel a lot better. I must be a person that is deficient in one of these two minerals and I would assume zinc since it is suppose to help test production. Anyone know any other ways to help raise natty test production.

AWILD

Awards
Did the zinc make you break out at all? I am kind of prone to breakouts and noticed on my back and forehead that blemishes appeared the day after starting zinc.

AWILD

Awards
Yes, same here. Got a feeling I will X the zinc and perhaps just try a mag pill for the sleep.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Yes, same here. Got a feeling I will X the zinc and perhaps just try a mag pill for the sleep.
or you could just add B5. High dosing works wonders for those who are susceptible.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I break out from ZMA. I've never tried zinc alone, but I think I'll try it out.

B-5 did jack **** for me, tried it at 10-15g/day for about 2 months.

AWILD

Awards

B-5 did jack **** for me, tried it at 10-15g/day for about 2 months.
If you break out from ZMA I dont recommend wasting money on zinc. I tried Zinc alone 25mg,50mg,100mg doses per day and each one still caused breakouts. Pretty bad cystic ones on my back that are still kinda there 2 weeks later.

DobermanXXL

Awards
if you break out from zince.. try a good dose of calcium.. it helps you sleep

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
IMO, if you take a good dose of calcium with your zinc then don't even bother taking the zinc.

~Todd

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
I posted this about a month ago about making homemade ZMA.

I've noticed several bros in this thread mention they don't take ZMA very often because of cost. There was a thread on bb.com (I believe by Manteca???) about saving quite a bit of money by buying zinc, mag, and b6 (optional) that do NOT contain calcium.

I use OptiZinc products because it contains the Zinc Monomethionine which is supposed to be the most bioavailable version of zinc (zinc aspartate would be my 2nd choice). I've used two OptiZinc products: 1 by Solary (has B6 included) and 1 by Source Naturals. I've found several brands of Magnesium without calcium: Twinlab, Now, and Nature Made.

Cost Comparison:
I've found Optimum Nutrition's ZMA for $18.99 for the 60 day supply which breaks down to $0.317 per day. The Source Natural's OptiZinc plus Twinlab Magnesium costs me $0.072 per day. The Solaray OptiZinc plus Now Magnesium costs me $0.103 per day. The "homebrew" combos are so cheap that I've been on one form or another for nearly a year straight.

~Todd

DobermanXXL

Awards
IMO, if you take a good dose of calcium with your zinc then don't even bother taking the zinc.

~Todd
right, thats what I was trying to say.. sorry it kinda looked like i said take calcium with the zinc.. but theres no point because it wont be absorbed as well if at all