7, 8 benzoflavone cancerous?

  1. Registered User
    Delita420's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    917
    Answers
    0

    7, 8 benzoflavone cancerous?


    has anyone heard this?

  2. Registered User
    steam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    479
    Answers
    0


    like this?..

    http://www.topformsecrets.com/2008/1...cinogenic.html

    as in sustain alpha...i wanna know too
  3. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,700
    Answers
    0


    "In some cases 7,8-Benzoflavone reduces cancer, but in others (such as when it is applied topically with benzo(a)pyrene) it increases cancer.2"


    So don't consume benzopyrene.
    •   
       

  4. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    prld2gr8ns's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,502
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    "In some cases 7,8-Benzoflavone reduces cancer, but in others (such as when it is applied topically with benzo(a)pyrene) it increases cancer.2"


    So don't consume benzopyrene.
    Roger that.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!


  5. Registered User
    Delita420's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    917
    Answers
    0


    How about sublingual application?
  6. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    "In some cases 7,8-Benzoflavone reduces cancer, but in others (such as when it is applied topically with benzo(a)pyrene) it increases cancer.2"


    So don't consume benzopyrene.
    Exactly.

    ben·zo·py·rene (bnz-prn, -p-rn)
    n.
    A yellow, crystalline, aromatic hydrocarbon that is a carcinogen found in coal tar and cigarette smoke.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  7. Registered User
    Vegking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    238
    Answers
    0


    so not a good idea to take sustain alpha? clarification please. thanks
  8. Registered User
    Knowbull's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,754
    Answers
    0


    Bump for more
  9. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Eric Potratz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,831
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by steam View Post
    like this?..

    http://www.topformsecrets.com/2008/1...cinogenic.html

    as in sustain alpha...i wanna know too
    That is the only place that eroneously identifies 7,8-benzoflavone as a cancer causing substance. Ive tried contacting the writer of that blog without success, to point out the misrepresentation of 7,8-benzoflavone.

    Ive also already addressed it here –

    http://www.primordialperformance.com...zoflavone.html

    and here –

    http://www.primordialperformance.com...27-eric-2.html

    If you follow the same line of thought that the author of that blog does, then resveratrol, quercetin, or any other naturally occurring polyphenol/flavone would be a carcinogen too. (which is obscene)

    Basically, 7,8-Benzoflavone not a carcinogen.

    -Eric
  10. Registered User
    Delita420's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    917
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Primordial Perf View Post
    That is the only place that eroneously identifies 7,8-benzoflavone as a cancer causing substance. Ive tried contacting the writer of that blog without success, to point out the misrepresentation of 7,8-benzoflavone.

    Ive also already addressed it here –

    http://www.primordialperformance.com...zoflavone.html

    and here –

    http://www.primordialperformance.com...27-eric-2.html

    If you follow the same line of thought that the author of that blog does, then resveratrol, quercetin, or any other naturally occurring polyphenol/flavone would be a carcinogen too. (which is obscene)

    Basically, 7,8-Benzoflavone not a carcinogen.

    -Eric
    Thanks for clearing that up.
  11. Registered User
    Knowbull's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,754
    Answers
    0


    Yes, I appreciate that also Eric. I know you wouldnt use anything overtly harmful. The problem is there were 9 refs to studies. There is always contradictory studies like this with any popular supplement. Anything can be harmful with excessive amounts. JMO
  12. Registered User
    Vegking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    238
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Primordial Perf View Post
    That is the only place that eroneously identifies 7,8-benzoflavone as a cancer causing substance. Ive tried contacting the writer of that blog without success, to point out the misrepresentation of 7,8-benzoflavone.

    Ive also already addressed it here –

    http://www.primordialperformance.com...zoflavone.html

    and here –

    http://www.primordialperformance.com...27-eric-2.html

    If you follow the same line of thought that the author of that blog does, then resveratrol, quercetin, or any other naturally occurring polyphenol/flavone would be a carcinogen too. (which is obscene)

    Basically, 7,8-Benzoflavone not a carcinogen.

    -Eric
    yes, thank you for clearing that up. Sustain Alpha is great, and I really looking forward to the oral since I can't take the transdermal version because of skin rashes.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 7,8 benzoflavone
    By julius kelp in forum Supplements
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 06:26 AM
  2. Would formestane and 7,8-benzoflavone be overkill?
    By GuyverX in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 02:22 PM
  3. 7,8 Benzoflavone Article
    By Andy G in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 09:45 AM
  4. 7,8 Benzoflavone
    By LAC in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 12:48 PM
  5. 7,8 benzoflavone
    By LAC in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 02:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in