What supplement before Running????

shotdead42

Awards
What kind of supplement is good for me before i run in the gym?, i wanna loose some of that fat i got from bulking up so much.
but i really do not wanna loose the muscle i gained.. in other words like gaining lean muscle and loosing that fat.

Any suggestions? im pretty sure many people have done this.

thanks,

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I usually do some form of carnitine before a run. BCAAs and Magnesium afterwards.

BCAAs would also probably be beneficial before a run to help maintain your lean mass.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What kind of supplement is good for me before i run in the gym?, i wanna loose some of that fat i got from bulking up so much.
but i really do not wanna loose the muscle i gained.. in other words like gaining lean muscle and loosing that fat.

thanks,
You're 17; you do NOT need any supplements (aside from the staples)!

Recomping is definitely possible. It is slow and achieved through the right manipulation of your DIET for YOU.

If you're going to run in the gym, then just make sure that you don't run for longer than 30-40 minutes (since you start becoming catabolic after ~30 minutes of running) and that you have proper post-training nutrition.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

shotdead42

Awards

Recomping is definitely possible. It is slow and achieved through the right manipulation of your DIET for YOU.

If you're going to run in the gym, then just make sure that you don't run for longer than 30-40 minutes (since you start becoming catabolic after ~30 minutes of running) and that you have proper post-training nutrition.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
what kind of post training nutrition would u recommend?
also i do take supplements, more like whey protein and thats it.
nothing pre-workout,n02, creatine, or anything like that.

shotdead42

Awards
i was thinking about Xtend before i posted this.. hear soo many great reviews on this supplement.

I might go pick it up and try out, How should i take it anyawys?
should i take it during, before, or after workouts?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
At 17, just cut out all sugar drinks and juice, cut out fried foods and fast foods, and run regularly. You could do bcaa's, but IMO the catabolism of exercise is greatly overstated, if you have overall good nutrition.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
Listen to Rosie. As a Commander in the Army I have trained hundreds of guys on this exact thing. You are young, get your diet in order. If you are serious about this posting, give an example diet. Also include how much fastfood you eat and soft drinks you consume. Be honest. Then post your normal run regime as well as any muscle training you do. If you want specific help, give specific details. People here are more then willing to help a guy out.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Creatine is the best choice.
For running? If I don't get enough water on a day I'm running with creatine I cramp up in under a mile. And I drink like a fish...water that is.

shotdead42

Awards
well here it is, i dont eat fast food,drink soda ,eat anything high in fat or sugar... Although my diet was very unorganized...

This is what im aiming for now as my diet.... tell me what you think.

-=Morning=-
-oatmeal
-3 white eggs
-class of lowfat milk
-2 scoops whey protein(ON 100%)in water

I workout in the morning, so ill prob go 2-3 hours after breakfast.
Should i eat anything before i workout? i do get hungry after 2-3 hours later
-=Pre-Workout=-
-
-
-

-=Post Workout=-
-2 scoops Whey protein (ON 100%)
-Gatorade
-2 slices lean cut white meat chicken
-brown rice with meat(left over dinner)

And maybe around 2-3 hours later ill have 4 more small meals before dinner.
What should i have around this time?

thanks,
PS. i want to get big and put on lean lean muscle, and cut the fat from all the gainer shakes. cause last summer i was probably around 135

Delita420

Delita420

Awards
  • Established
For running? If I don't get enough water on a day I'm running with creatine I cramp up in under a mile. And I drink like a fish...water that is.
There is scientific literature proving creatine to enhance an athletes endurance. A lot of the studies were done on running.

Pure creatine monohydrate.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

thanks,

ALCAR (2 grams pre-run) plus Choline (750 mg pre-run) will help- cheap and very effective

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
i use RPM + DRIVE about an hour before, than run a mix of 3 scoops Xtend/1 scoop Purple Wraath during/after

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what kind of post training nutrition would u recommend?
also i do take supplements, more like whey protein and thats it.
nothing pre-workout,n02, creatine, or anything like that.
Have either some BCAAs or a protein shake with simple sugars (DON'T cut out simple sugars; they have their place in training nutrition) as soon as soon as possible after your run. An hour later have a full meal with protein and complex and fibrous carbohydrates.

The only supplements I recommend for you are:
* Creatine
* Multivitamin
* Good Fats (you can get all of your fat intake form your diet if you eat the right foods, but sometimes supplementing with this can be useful, since most people do not get the right type of fat from their diet)
* Protein Powder (you can get all of your protein requirements from your diet, though; this is more for convenience and post-training nutrition)
* BCAAS (many protein powders have them in, though, so if you have one that does, there is no need for a separate BCAA supplement)

You don't need preworkout or NO products, but you SHOULD be using creatine if you are lifting, IMO.

well here it is, i dont eat fast food,drink soda ,eat anything high in fat or sugar... Although my diet was very unorganized...

This is what im aiming for now as my diet.... tell me what you think.

-=Morning=-
-oatmeal
-3 white eggs
-class of lowfat milk
-2 scoops whey protein(ON 100%)in water

I workout in the morning, so ill prob go 2-3 hours after breakfast.
Should i eat anything before i workout? i do get hungry after 2-3 hours later
-=Pre-Workout=-
-
-
-

-=Post Workout=-
-2 scoops Whey protein (ON 100%)
-Gatorade
-2 slices lean cut white meat chicken
-brown rice with meat(left over dinner)

And maybe around 2-3 hours later ill have 4 more small meals before dinner.
What should i have around this time?

thanks,
PS. i want to get big and put on lean lean muscle, and cut the fat from all the gainer shakes. cause last summer i was probably around 135
You don't need to eat anything before you train; I never do. However, you may want to have some BCAAs to aid with preventing catabolism.

As for your meals before dinner, have usual meals, like protein and carbohydrates and fat.
A few examples:
* Peanut butter and something else
* Cottage cheese and oats or mixed berries
* Nuts (i.e. almonds, walnuts, peanuts, etc.)
* Meal replacement (but do not make this a habit (it should only be a convenience thing, if you say run out of time to prepare something or something unexpected happens and you can't eat properly); real food is better every time)

Do NOT cut the fat from your diet; you NEED it. Learn the difference between good and bad fats and have good fats with minimal bad fats.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

shotdead42

Awards
Thanks Guejsn, ill def start eating good fats, and have a gatorade after i workout for simple sugars.

and thanks to everyone else,

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Guejsn, ill def start eating good fats, and have a gatorade after i workout for simple sugars.

and thanks to everyone else,
No worries.

Some good sources of good fats are:
* Nuts and seeds
* Peanut butter
* Fish (especially salmon)
* Flaxseed oil
* Hempseed oil
* Olive oil

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
No worries.

Some good sources of good fats are:
* Nuts and seeds
* Peanut butter
* Fish (especially salmon)
* Flaxseed oil
* Hempseed oil
* Olive oil

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
Shotdead... Ditto to everything Rosie posted. Follow that simple plan, and at your age you can achieve tons bro!

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
Rosie, you're very helpful! it's good to have people like you on this forum.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie, you're very helpful! it's good to have people like you on this forum.
Thanks. That's what I'm here for (although people should do their own research first before asking anything IMO).

~Rosie
Team APPNUT