What supplement before Running????
- 07-24-2009, 10:57 PM
What supplement before Running????
What kind of supplement is good for me before i run in the gym?, i wanna loose some of that fat i got from bulking up so much.
but i really do not wanna loose the muscle i gained.. in other words like gaining lean muscle and loosing that fat.
Any suggestions? im pretty sure many people have done this.
- 07-24-2009, 11:13 PM
- 07-24-2009, 11:22 PM
I usually do some form of carnitine before a run. BCAAs and Magnesium afterwards.
BCAAs would also probably be beneficial before a run to help maintain your lean mass."I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
07-24-2009, 11:48 PM
Recomping is definitely possible. It is slow and achieved through the right manipulation of your DIET for YOU.
If you're going to run in the gym, then just make sure that you don't run for longer than 30-40 minutes (since you start becoming catabolic after ~30 minutes of running) and that you have proper post-training nutrition.
07-25-2009, 12:12 AM
07-25-2009, 12:58 AM
i was thinking aboutbefore i posted this.. hear soo many great reviews on this supplement.
I might go pick it up and try out, How should i take it anyawys?
should i take it during, before, or after workouts?
07-25-2009, 02:27 AM
At 17, just cut out all sugar drinks and juice, cut out fried foods and fast foods, and run regularly. You could do bcaa's, but IMO the catabolism of exercise is greatly overstated, if you have overall good nutrition.
07-25-2009, 03:06 AM
07-25-2009, 05:38 AM
07-25-2009, 06:36 AM
"I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
07-25-2009, 09:45 AM
well here it is, i dont eat fast food,drink soda ,eat anything high in fat or sugar... Although my diet was very unorganized...
This is what im aiming for now as my diet.... tell me what you think.
-3 white eggs
-class of lowfat milk
-2 scoops whey protein(ON 100%)in water
I workout in the morning, so ill prob go 2-3 hours after breakfast.
Should i eat anything before i workout? i do get hungry after 2-3 hours later
-2 scoops Whey protein (ON 100%)
-2 slices lean cut white meat chicken
-brown rice with meat(left over dinner)
And maybe around 2-3 hours later ill have 4 more small meals before dinner.
What should i have around this time?
PS. i want to get big and put on lean lean muscle, and cut the fat from all the gainer shakes. cause last summer i was probably around 135
07-25-2009, 12:26 PM
07-25-2009, 03:23 PM
07-25-2009, 04:43 PM
i use RPM + DRIVE about an hour before, than run a mix of 3 scoops Xtend/1 scoop Purple Wraath during/after
07-25-2009, 05:07 PM
The only supplements I recommend for you are:
* Good Fats (you can get all of your fat intake form your diet if you eat the right foods, but sometimes supplementing with this can be useful, since most people do not get the right type of fat from their diet)
* Protein Powder (you can get all of your protein requirements from your diet, though; this is more for convenience and post-training nutrition)
* BCAAS (many protein powders have them in, though, so if you have one that does, there is no need for a separate BCAA supplement)
You don't need preworkout or NO products, but you SHOULD be using creatine if you are lifting, IMO.
As for your meals before dinner, have usual meals, like protein and carbohydrates and fat.
A few examples:
* Peanut butter and something else
* Cottage cheese and oats or mixed berries
* Nuts (i.e. almonds, walnuts, peanuts, etc.)
* Meal replacement (but do not make this a habit (it should only be a convenience thing, if you say run out of time to prepare something or something unexpected happens and you can't eat properly); real food is better every time)
Do NOT cut the fat from your diet; you NEED it. Learn the difference between good and bad fats and have good fats with minimal bad fats.
07-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Thanks Guejsn, ill def start eating good fats, and have a gatorade after i workout for simple sugars.
and thanks to everyone else,
07-25-2009, 05:55 PM
07-26-2009, 09:46 AM
07-27-2009, 03:14 PM
07-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By R1balla in forum SupplementsReplies: 36Last Post: 06-28-2012, 09:28 AM
- By R1balla in forum SupplementsReplies: 23Last Post: 02-29-2012, 10:51 AM
- By XJDesertFox in forum Driven SportsReplies: 11Last Post: 02-21-2011, 10:20 AM
- By HUGE in forum AnabolicsReplies: 22Last Post: 08-08-2003, 02:11 PM