Punked on Creatine Ethyl Ester!

Future

Punked on Creatine Ethyl Ester!

By Eric Marchewitz B.S.

Creatine Ethyl Ester has been proven in at least two studies to not be as effective as simple creatine monohydrate and creatine salts like creatine malate. Sadly, this ingredient was pushed upon all of us and sold as the "next best thing", yet creatine ethyl ester has been again debunked as a inferior form of creatine.

Good creatine monohydrate is best along with creatine salts like "creatine citrate, creatine orotate, creatine malate". The latest 2009 study reported "In conclusion, when compared to creatine monohydrate, creatine ethyl ester was not as effective at increasing serum and muscle creatine levels or in improving body composition, muscle mass, strength, and power." So, creatine ethyl ester isn't even implicated in improving muscle creatine levels. Buyer beware creatine ethyl ester products.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
and on top of that it taste like ass and if u leave a metal spoon in the container it rusts it!!! lol

ahsswimmaster

Awards
That's really good to know cuz I was about to buy some. How long to you start to see visual effects of the creatine, Always assuming your nutrition is really good.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats OLD news, but good post.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I'm still trying to finish off some CEE I bought long time back, will never buy that stuff again... and it happens to cost much more than mono!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Re post lol. OMG

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What ever happened to creatine phosphate? I used to like that creatine derivitive a lot.

Hmm, the only product I see using it is Neovar, but it's tough to tell the dosages with a prop blend. Maybe EAS phos****en elite has it, but even there it's unclear.

Maybe I don't quite understand the phosphate attachment? :think:

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
CEE hcl contains four molecules! creatine+mono+ethyl ester alcohol+hcl That's not a lot of creatine.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
So were the other creatine salts mentioned at least as effective as mono? How did creatine malate rank?

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thats OLD news, but good post.
I was about to type the exact thing...you said it nicer though, hell it was proven not as good a few years ago...maybe 1-2 ?

CREAPURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!13.99 FOR A MONTH. and the water retention everyone complains about is for the most part actually useful.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think getting it from a place like nutraplanet would be even cheaper.

Also, should I through my CEE out? Is it totally useless, or just not as good? How toxic is ceatinine? I know it is bad when your kidneys produce a lot, but is the chemical itself bad?

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yes its cheaper, noone says it doesnt work to some degree...its the lame marketing that claims it to be 40x better than mono that is was and always will p1ss people off.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Well, I'm goin bck to mono when I'm done. It just has more of the creatine molecule, which is probably better fo a 220lb guy, and it doesn't hav any health controversies. use to pee out the window in the middle of the night when my parents would be using the bathroom to get ready for work. When I started taking CEE, my pee started killing the grass!

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
Creatine O-Phosphate is the "water soluble" form of creatine used in VPX products..
NO Shotgun and Synthesize.. Both are amazing products- but contain like 5 or 6 different versions of creatine- COP being one of them.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nothing on the planet has destroyed my stomach as much as CEE, and i have been taking regular mono for years with no problem. i was shocked the CEE killed me, major stomach cramps good barely work out and had to stop cardio.

stick with Creapure, the one by universal is good.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well, I'm goin bck to mono when I'm done. It just has more of the creatine molecule, which is probably better fo a 220lb guy, and it doesn't hav any health controversies. use to pee out the window in the middle of the night when my parents would be using the bathroom to get ready for work. When I started taking CEE, my pee started killing the grass!

that s fckn hilarious!:laugh2:

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
Care to elaborate? I thought it was just a water-stable form which had a much higher rate of absorption.. along with some other benefits including lactic acid buffering etc..
I'm not arguing, just would like to know what you do..

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
luckily some of LG's new products have some nice creatine profiles.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
CEE hcl contains four molecules! creatine+mono+ethyl ester alcohol+hcl That's not a lot of creatine.
the whole purpose or should i say myth was that one didn't need a lot of creatine with CEE because CEE got absorbed 1000% better than CM due to esterification... but from the studies i've seen, it didn't even seem better than a placebo.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
So I will be retiring CEE when I finish my tub. I just whant to ask: is creatinei harmful. I know that your kidneys shouldn't produce too much, but is the chemical itself harmful?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I will be retiring CEE when I finish my tub. I just whant to ask: is creatinei harmful. I know that your kidneys shouldn't produce too much, but is the chemical itself harmful?
make sure your water intake is up and you should be fine my friend.