ALCAR

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. ALCAR


    so I have been taking ALCAR for about two weeks ago at for week 1 4g a day at week two 8g a day, still haven't really noticed anything yet... can I start doing like 16g a day? are there any sides with that high of a dose, is it pointless? input?


  2. what are you using it for? e.g. what are the effects you desire from ALCAR?
    •   
       


  3. YES and ANTI-OXIDENT!!!!!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  4. To help aid in fat loss, and improve that great sense of well being... I understand it's hard to feel the fat loss, but it would be nice to feel/notice some of the other sides of alcar.

    btw na-rala at 200mg, 3-4times a day.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    YES and ANTI-OXIDENT!!!!!
    Is that a yes to the there will be problems or a hell yes I should do it?

  6. Quote Originally Posted by benj851 View Post
    To help aid in fat loss, and improve that great sense of well being... I understand it's hard to feel the fat loss, but it would be nice to feel/notice some of the other sides of alcar.

    btw na-rala at 200mg, 3-4times a day.
    Why the na-rala while losing fat? I doubt you'd be getting enough carbohydrates for it to be necissary. Additionally, insulin sensitivity while dieting isn't always a good thing.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Logo View Post
    Why the na-rala while losing fat? I doubt you'd be getting enough carbohydrates for it to be necissary. Additionally, insulin sensitivity while dieting isn't always a good thing.
    i'm guessing na-rala because it is supposed to work synergystically with ALCAR.

    i'm not sure about sides from a higher dosage, but if you are using it to aid in fat loss i'm surprised you haven't felt results; i take just 5g a day and it is noticable. maybe you just need to give it more time.

  8. gotca, its just I've never felt that warming sensation ALCAR is reported to give from the redirection of fat into the mitocondria.

    na-rala isn't taken really for glucose disposal I really just take it for the super antiox properties. I was just figuring because I'm so active, that it takes more for me to know the difference. does that make sense?

  9. Quote Originally Posted by benj851 View Post

    na-rala isn't taken really for glucose disposal I really just take it for the super antiox properties. I was just figuring because I'm so active, that it takes more for me to know the difference. does that make sense?
    Good, then you're taking it for the right reasons!

  10. I used it for two years strait 2005-2007.

    Alcar enhances testosterone metabolism , not production. also sperm count. I feel the difference when i use L-carnitine. its subtle energy effects. i love it and when i can afford it I use it. it helps with energy expenditure. I think it effcts my libido(in on regular l carnitinenow a days- 2 grams)

    I used three grams per day when I needed an added boost I would do six grams. it should be building up in your system doing that loading protocol.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
    •   
       


  11. Well carnitine is reccomended by some as a treatment for an overactive thyroid. Some say that it should be avoided by people who don't exactly have the highest thyroid levels(many people in the slow metabolism community). In my personal experience, that warmiong sensation of burning more fat was felt in the beginning, but now I could take a big dose of ALCAR, and it will actually make me tired.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    Well carnitine is reccomended by some as a treatment for an overactive thyroid. Some say that it should be avoided by people who don't exactly have the highest thyroid levels(many people in the slow metabolism community). In my personal experience, that warmiong sensation of burning more fat was felt in the beginning, but now I could take a big dose of ALCAR, and it will actually make me tired.
    i am a beleiver in cycling supplements
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

  13. Quote Originally Posted by benj851 View Post
    Is that a yes to the there will be problems or a hell yes I should do it?
    Yes give it a try. Just make sure you use a heft anti-oxident dose.....Thats what I think i ment by my last post

    I like ALCAR. I have 200gr sitting around for next time I decided to actually "cut"
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  14. Well, I barely got into it before the negative sides kicked in. I wasn't even useing it everyday either. I guess everyone is different.

  15. I've never had any sort of a warming sensation with ALCAR. I'm not sold on any sort of fat burning properties with it, but there's plenty of opinions that disagree in that regard.

    When I take it on an empty stomach, 1.5 -2g per dose seems to give a nice alert/awake feeling. Is it possible that you might need to take it on an empty stomach if you're looking for immediate effects? I also feel that it has nice synergy with tyrosine for focus and a bit of mood enhancement.

  16. If you order large bulk tubs of Alcar like 1kg tubs put some of it in smaller containers. I dont know the mechanism but if I use a larger tub and open it 2 times a day for like 6 months the Alcar loses effectiveness, it also loses its strong smell. I've tossed away half a container like 2 times already because of this.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    Well carnitine is reccomended by some as a treatment for an overactive thyroid. Some say that it should be avoided by people who don't exactly have the highest thyroid levels(many people in the slow metabolism community). In my personal experience, that warmiong sensation of burning more fat was felt in the beginning, but now I could take a big dose of ALCAR, and it will actually make me tired.
    it is a pre-cur to ACh- and too much cholinergic stimulation will make you tired/lethargic- keep the dose around 3-4 grams per day
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

  18. WOW! Alcar overdose! no need to take that much. 1,000-1,500mg a day should be sufficient in divided doses. I can only imagine the level of tingles I would get taking that much at once!
    “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

    WHAT has science offered?

  19. Hmm, been taking 1/2 tsp twice per day for about 1-2 weeks now and no tingles whatsoever

    I dunno if there's any sort of cumulative effect yet, btw. I suppose I'll keep it going at least for 6-8 weeks to see if I find there's any results other than a real mild temporary mood/focus boost.

  20. i got the kilo of ALCAR and have been take it for about 5 weeks at 2-3 grams a day in divided doses with green tea ext and vitamin c. good idea to take it up to maybe like 5-6 gram a day?

  21. A lot of effects of alcar should be immediate or within a few days. The mental effects immediate. The testosterone effect a few days. Fat burning effects obviously vary and take time to notice and very hard to determine if your results came from that alone. Most recommendations for fat loss are 1,000 to 2,000 mg usually divided into two doses. Side effects could occur any higher then that and may be over kill anyway. I notice overstimulation from above 2,000mg. More is not always better guys..
    “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

    WHAT has science offered?

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    A lot of effects of alcar should be immediate or within a few days. The mental effects immediate. The testosterone effect a few days. Fat burning effects obviously vary and take time to notice and very hard to determine if your results came from that alone. Most recommendations for fat loss are 1,000 to 2,000 mg usually divided into two doses. Side effects could occur any higher then that and may be over kill anyway. I notice overstimulation from above 2,000mg. More is not always better guys..
    I am taking the blue gene by controlled labs and they have 200 plcar and 1800 l-carnitine=2 grams. again it is useful and in my opinion best when cycled.

    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/utilize_l_carnitine.htm

    there is another study

    This study was done on L-carnitine L-tartrate

    The effects of L-carnitine L-tartrate supplementation on hormonal responses to resistance exercise and recovery.

    Kraemer WJ, Volek JS, French DN, Rubin MR, Sharman MJ, Gómez AL, Ratamess NA, Newton RU, Jemiolo B, Craig BW, Häkkinen K.
    Human Performance Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269, USA. [email protected]
    The purpose of this investigation was to examine the influence of L-carnitine L-tartrate (LCLT) supplementation using a balanced, cross-over, placebo-controlled research design on the anabolic hormone response (i.e., testosterone [T], insulin-like growth factor-I, insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 [IGFBP-3], and immunofunctional and immunoreactive growth hormone [GHif and GHir]) to acute resistance exercise. Ten healthy, recreationally weight-trained men (mean +/- SD age 23.7 +/- 2.3 years, weight 78.7 +/- 8.5 kg, and height 179.2 +/- 4.6 cm) volunteered and were matched, and after 3 weeks of supplementation (2 g LCLT per day), fasting morning blood samples were obtained on six consecutive days (D1-D6). Subjects performed a squat protocol (5 sets of 15-20 repetitions) on D2. During the squat protocol, blood samples were obtained before exercise and 0, 15, 30, 120, and 180 minutes postexercise. After a 1-week washout period, subjects consumed the other supplement for a 3-week period, and the same experimental protocol was repeated using the exact same procedures. Expected exercise-induced increases in all of the hormones were observed for GHir, GHif, IGFBP-3, and T. Over the recovery period, LCLT reduced the amount of exercise-induced muscle tissue damage, which was assessed via magnetic resonance imaging scans of the thigh. LCLT supplementation significantly (p < 0.05) increased IGFBP-3 concentrations prior to and at 30, 120, and 180 minutes after acute exercise. No other direct effects of LCLT supplementation were observed on the absolute concentrations of the hormones examined, but with more undamaged tissue, a greater number of intact receptors would be available for hormonal interactions. These data support the use of LCLT as a recovery supplement for hypoxic exercise and lend further insights into the hormonal mechanisms that may help to mediate quicker recovery.
    PMID: 12930169 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

  23. Wow thats interesting stuff right there. Wish np sold lclt

  24. I think the same effects are with regular l-carnitine or alcar. I can not prove it though as I have not saw the study.

    alcar and plcar increases erection disfunction , depression in older men(I think the age range was like 55-70) some one can find the study and post it. so it effects something like total test...for old men. is it really useful for younger guys? I think l-carnitine works to some degree. I just wish there were more studies to find out exactly how it effects the hormonal process and what age groups is it most useful for. obviously older men it is useful for ed, fatigue, typical low test symtoms

    it also has other benefits like mitrocondra freeing or something like that I am just focusing on testosterone production because without testosterone a person is not going to build a significant amount of muscle
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

  25. It's interesting how Alcar,Plcar, Carnitine, LCLT all seem to have different yet similiar effects. More really needs to be studied about these. There is just not enough out there right now. LCLT as a recovery aid is interesting.
    “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

    WHAT has science offered?

  26. anyone tried Quadracarn by Beverly International?

  27. Delaying Brain Mitochondrial Decay and Aging with Mitochondrial Antioxidants and Metabolites
    JIANKANG LIU, HANI ATAMNA, HIROHIKO KURATSUNE, AND BRUCE N. AMES

    • 1.5% in drinking water (equivalent to about 12g daily in 70 kg humans) is too much. It is the least effective of the three dosages tested and increases markers of oxidative damage.
    • 0.5% in drinking water (equivalent to about 4g daily in 70 kg humans) is optimal among the three dosages tested. It is more effective than the higher dosage in ambulatory activity and mitochondrial rehabilitation and does not increase markers of oxidative damage.
    • 0.15% in drinking water (equivalent to about 1.2g daily in 70 kg humans), while less effective than the 0.5% dosage, is still significantly more effective than the 1.5% dosage with respect to ambulatory activity.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    I think the same effects are with regular l-carnitine or alcar. I can not prove it though as I have not saw the study.

    alcar and plcar increases erection disfunction , depression in older men(I think the age range was like 55-70) some one can find the study and post it. so it effects something like total test...for old men. is it really useful for younger guys? I think l-carnitine works to some degree. I just wish there were more studies to find out exactly how it effects the hormonal process and what age groups is it most useful for. obviously older men it is useful for ed, fatigue, typical low test symtoms

    it also has other benefits like mitrocondra freeing or something like that I am just focusing on testosterone production because without testosterone a person is not going to build a significant amount of muscle
    Did you mean to say that ALCAR/PLCAR DECREASES ED and IMPROVES depression?

  29. I got some bulk ALCAR about a week ago and have been talking 1/4 teaspoon 3x a day with 200 mg ALA and drinking a green tea, and I haven't noticed anything yet.

    Mainly I want the reputed brain boosting at this point as I have been at a point in my life that lacks mental stimulation and I want to try and get neurons firing...but test boosting and leaning would be awesome too!

    So what am I doing wrong? Or do I just need a bit more time?

    I thought I read the nootropic effects were almost immediate, but again, I notice nothing at all.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by bigrobbierob View Post
    I got some bulk ALCAR about a week ago and have been talking 1/4 teaspoon 3x a day with 200 mg ALA and drinking a green tea, and I haven't noticed anything yet.

    Mainly I want the reputed brain boosting at this point as I have been at a point in my life that lacks mental stimulation and I want to try and get neurons firing...but test boosting and leaning would be awesome too!

    So what am I doing wrong? Or do I just need a bit more time?

    I thought I read the nootropic effects were almost immediate, but again, I notice nothing at all.
    I got tired off of it. Also, I've heard that it doesn't really boost test, but it can potentially maintain it, whatever that means. It's a controversial supplement.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Can you take too much Alcar?
    By justreading in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-18-2009, 08:15 PM
  2. ALCAR & AEE
    By T-Bone in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 04:40 PM
  3. ALA vs. ALCAR
    By lawnboy246 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-02-2007, 12:52 PM
  4. ALCAR and ALA
    By Sleigh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-30-2005, 08:36 AM
  5. WOW to ALCAR
    By LakeMountD in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-23-2005, 12:36 AM
Log in
Log in