creatine "non-responder"

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
simple question. is there any point to me using creatine (mono), if i don't see any results unless i down it with a bunch of sugar to spike my insulin? i'm trying to just do away with the sugary drinks for the most part. TIA

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
I am amazed. I am so sensative to the stuff I don't use it - well actually thats my physician talking not me - they do the blood test referals. Trouble is if you've blown out your protein consumption you can't track the stress against the kidney creatinine levels.

Try b-alanine, citruline .. or Cordyceps?

BringThePain

BringThePain

Awards
simple question. is there any point to me using creatine (mono), if i don't see any results unless i down it with a bunch of sugar to spike my insulin? i'm trying to just do away with the sugary drinks for the most part. TIA
Pickup some CL Green Mag and you will notice a difference :fing02:

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am amazed. I am so sensative to the stuff I don't use it - well actually thats my physician talking not me - they do the blood test referals. Trouble is if you've blown out your protein consumption you can't track the stress against the kidney creatinine levels.

Try b-alanine, citruline .. or Cordyceps?
according to My doc....Im in stage 3 of Kidney disease, and my creatinine levels are off the charts....not to say this is everyone, obviously there was apre/condition or something. He told em its not safe for everyone and that alot of us have been mislead.

Again not too say this is everyone but I would 100% get bloodwork before using it....I dont know If I can reverse the damage now, obviously im still alive but it sure sucks to know that I messed up my life just cause I HAD to use supplements.

who knows, use these things carefully, once the damage is done its done, especially to the kidneys.

I did love the green mag though....did...

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I think creatine is for people who have been burning their creatine off, and their muscles are just hungry for more creatine. If you need trickery just to absorb any creatine, then that is a personal choice for you to make.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
according to My doc....Im in stage 3 of Kidney disease, and my creatinine levels are off the charts....not to say this is everyone, obviously there was apre/condition or something. He told em its not safe for everyone and that alot of us have been mislead.

Again not too say this is everyone but I would 100% get bloodwork before using it....I dont know If I can reverse the damage now, obviously im still alive but it sure sucks to know that I messed up my life just cause I HAD to use supplements.

who knows, use these things carefully, once the damage is done its done, especially to the kidneys.

I did love the green mag though....did...
What was going on, if anything, that urged you to get your kidneys checked?

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
honestly man I just know my body real well ( I jerk off lots ) lol, and I knew in my gut something was going on...I was getting weird pinches in my right and left backside, i looked awful (im a handsome guy too, lol) I was lethargic as hell....sleep 8-9 hours and actually have to drag myself out of bed....go get a coffee, 20 min later EXHAUSTED, frequent naps...again exhausted upon waking and I finally had enough so I got blood drawn, funny thing was the doc said I was fine and was about to leave when i insisted on blood work...he said "ok but your fine" (how the fck does he know im fine?)

low and behold my cholesterol was whacked and my gfr was wwwaaayyy low, creatinine levels were crazy.....an indicator of kidney strain and the kidneys not working to full capacity.

What psses me off is that our clinics here are so busy, all the doc cared about was getting me in and out so he could move to the next patient ( I was disgusted )

This is Canadas healthcare for you, now to get a follow up test...I have to wait almost 6months, so until then Im left in stage 3 of the 5 stages of kidney disease, thats where i am....and my government and healthcare system doesnt give 2 fcks....

to all who listen...get your blood drawn, find out where u are, if you dont know using DS/PH/supplements could be making an unknown condition worse, I think this is what happened to me, something was wrong and all these supps were compounding the problem.

take care boys.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Well thankyou for the detailed reply. If you don't mind, what type of creatine/supplements were you taking? Were you taking prohormones? Personaly I think those things are the devil. They are made of chemicals that don't have the research of real roids and are less effective. I'm not condoning roids by the way.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well thankyou for the detailed reply. If you don't mind, what type of creatine/supplements were you taking? Were you taking prohormones? Personaly I think those things are the devil. They are made of chemicals that don't have the research of real roids and are less effective. I'm not condoning roids by the way.
hey man, to answer your question I was using Green magnitude, Ive used size on, creapure, cee......too many to count.

I have used a few prhormones, extreme tren , which i hear although non methyl is tough on kidneys, ive used epistane, and 9 days once of M1T ( now that is the devil).

needless to say my bloodwork was somewhat close to my last cycle, so that might have skewed my results...

The clinic doctor ( my fam.doc is in southern Ontario) didnt seem overly concerned....he asked if i used creatine....then told me never to use it again, he used to use it and in his opinion we all just think its soooo safe because of the supplement companies. He told me hes seeing more and more problems with young guys and their Kidneys....he was big guy too, so obviously he exercises.

So I have to get some more tests obviously, and get all the creatine out of my system, I think my creatinine levels were over 145 when normal is 50-115, a clear indicator of renal dysfunction.

Its an easy blood test, and again my case might be isolated....pretty upset though I wake up with a horrible pinch on my right and left backside that just wont go away, Im young too, doesnt seem fair...but noone ever told me life was fair so what can i do....suck it up and take it...and if I die cause of it then Im one of 67,000 in morth america who die each year from it....pretty gross to think of that.

At least If I need a transplant I know theres people who would step up...but then the thought of taking that from someone...shortening their life so mine can go on....not too sure i could ask that of someone....my sweet girl says I can have both of heres cause she cant live without me....so sick to hear that, and the truth is I would never take even one from her, how selfish would that be.

again sorry for the rant, not everyone will get screwed like me, and not everyone will agree with the creatine part of this....Ive heard "its safe" more than anyone...thats y I took it.

talk to you guys soon...just sitting here trying to research as much as I can about all this stuff, at least ill be informed about whats killing me, maybe that will help me fight it.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
no dude, thanks for the info. sorry to hear you can't get help easier. our healthcare (usa) system will soon be similar. thanks again & best of luck.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thx man, i can hack it, and yes you guys might be in for the same....its not a good system at all, people die waiting for help....and noone cares, its not fair and its just not right is it.

God bless, and to all make sure your body is up to all these supps...you just never know...I didnt.

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
Searl, I wouldn't get too worked up over one blood test that was pretty close to after your cycle. Get another one to make sure. Creatinine can be elevated short term and go back down especially as you recover from a cycle.

julius kelp, I'm also a non responder to creatine. I've tried taking glucose with it and it doesn't help at all. I wouldn't waste any time trying to use it.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Searl, I wouldn't get too worked up over one blood test that was pretty close to after your cycle. Get another one to make sure. Creatinine can be elevated short term and go back down especially as you recover from a cycle.

julius kelp, I'm also a non responder to creatine. I've tried taking glucose with it and it doesn't help at all. I wouldn't waste any time trying to use it.
thx brother, Im like my dad I will worry myself sick no matter what is going on, just too young to have organ problems, but I guess it happens to lots of people, either way ty again,, no matter what happens ill just look at it as another stepping stone and attack it, they say that in the darkest times your true character comes out.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
One thing we should be worried about is the things we attach to creatine. CEE hcl is creatine+monodrate+ethyl ester alcohol+hcl. That's barely creatine! Magnesium creatine chelate contains magnesium by the gram! That is a lot more than what we are supposed to consume.

4restgump

Awards
Hopefully your creatinine levels will go down over time. I don't think that you should wait 6 months prior to having more blood work performed. I have had high levels of creatinine before, and after discontinuing the creatine; my levels went down after 2 months. I think you will be fine after 2 months, and check again. Atleast you could see if your levels are getting better or worse. If they are getting better, then I doubt you have kidney disease. Good Luck!

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Gee the only person on earth. Beta-alanine, citruline malate, cordyceps (Millenium) ... repeated ad nausea.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
thx man, i can hack it, and yes you guys might be in for the same....its not a good system at all, people die waiting for help....and noone cares, its not fair and its just not right is it.

God bless, and to all make sure your body is up to all these supps...you just never know...I didnt.
Hey Searl ... whats happened bro? You've have this awesome "banned" status. Like you've become a pirate.