Big 100 Protein Bar Review! - AnabolicMinds.com

Big 100 Protein Bar Review!

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Answers

Talking Big 100 Protein Bar Review!

Well guys, let me start by saying that I've never been a fan of protein bars, because of these reasons:

1. Low amount of protein
    2. Not formulated for specific goals (bulking, cutting, etc)
    3. High price

Yesterday after my workout, I picked up a few groceries at my local Kroger (supermarket based in Cincy). While stacking up a few cans of tuna, I rack of protein bars caught my eye in the aisle next to me. I looked at my options and observed the nutritional content of each.

Most all of them were the same - 15g of protein at the maximum, low calories, and of course a high cost.

However, I finally came across one that I found different - the Big 100 "Colossal" Bar. It's basically a 100g bar with around 30g of protein and 400ish calories if I can remember correctly. It's labeled as a meal replacement bar, but for people who are looking to bulk like me, it's a great post workout bar or a convenient snack also! It sure beats the hell out of making a shake.

Anyways, I decided to pick up one to eat on my way home. I got the caramel peanut butter flavour, and holy sh*t, it's f*cking delicious. It's covered with nuts and a bunch of other awesome things. And with the 400ish calories, less than 200 come from fat if I can remember correctly. And the bar has a lot of nuts in it, so I'm pretty sure it's the good fat.

Final thing I'm going to mention is price, because this is the killer when it comes to protein bars. You pay a lot extra for the convenience. At my local kroger, they were running a sale and had them at 3 for $5, which is great! That's something most people can afford, and you get a lot for the money, trust me.

I rate it a fierce 9/10 - the only way a product is going to get 10/10 in my book is if it's free

Go out and try one! You'll thank me.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.
    Answers

had them... the pretzel and apple pie ones is off the hook tasty, but i try to stay away from them because they don't have too many quality indredients...
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capnsavem View Post
    had them... the pretzel and apple pie ones is off the hook tasty, but i try to stay away from them because they don't have too many quality indredients...
    I enjoy being able to get 30g of protein and some calories whenever I want, so I'm definitely going to buy a few boxes of them. Gotta try these apple pie ones
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Answers

fwiw there are lots of protein bars w/ 30g+ protein and 400ish calories, supreme protein, pure protein, detour, etc. and many of them taste great, even better than big100, like supreme rocky road, pure chewy chocolate chip, and detour caramel peanut lower sugar...
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mDeezy View Post
    fwiw there are lots of protein bars w/ 30g+ protein and 400ish calories, supreme protein, pure protein, detour, etc. and many of them taste great, even better than big100, like supreme rocky road, pure chewy chocolate chip, and detour caramel peanut lower sugar...
    Thanks for the tip man, what are the prices like?
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Answers

TONS of Soy... I don't like running PCT after my protein bars..
    I use the VPX zero impact barzzzz
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Answers

Thanks for the tip
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.
    Answers

good call boro... the pb/jelly flavor is goooooood with a glass of skim milk (its a tad dry)
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capnsavem View Post
    good call boro... the pb/jelly flavor is goooooood with a glass of skim milk (its a tad dry)
    I can eat a whole bar without a sip... Yeah, i'm that good...
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //
  10. Senior Member
    Answers

i had acouple of those colossals a couple years back. they are tasty with all that icing on it like a brownie.

really crappy for your diet though.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by henryhavoc View Post
    Thanks for the tip man, what are the prices like?
    depends where u look, i just picked up 2 boxes of 12 supreme's that were 1 month past expiration for $12 a box. normally they are like $27/box. the pure and detours are slightly less, like $20-$25 for a dozen. i always see the detours on sale at walgreens or the grocery store for 2/$3 so that ain't bad.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 02:28 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 04:18 PM