Supplements for a 17 year old?

xpin2winx

Awards
I'm 17 years old bulking up before wrestling season. I am currently in bodybuilder mode taking multivitamins, whey protein, and creatine, and i currently substituted my NO booster with L-arginine due to the caffeine. I am trieing to find more supplements that will aid in my journey to gain muscle such as Omega oils or methoxy. Other than the three supplements i take now and i eat alot, what other supplements are good to take for someone my age?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You might think you are eating enough but if you can't gain weight then you need more calories. It doesn't get any simpler than that...calories in - calories burned = positive or negative amount. You are in the negative I would guess. Your supplements are good to go. You need to get the diet working for you!! All the best...

xpin2winx

Awards
im not saying i cant gain weight its just that i want to know if there are any other supplements i can take to help out with muscle recovery or growth

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
IMO Methoxy is garbage. Other than hormonal stuff I wouldn't recommend. I would say creatine and lots of protein.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm 17 years old bulking up before wrestling season. I am currently in bodybuilder mode taking multivitamins, whey protein, and creatine, and i currently substituted my NO booster with L-arginine due to the caffeine. I am trieing to find more supplements that will aid in my journey to gain muscle such as Omega oils or methoxy. Other than the three supplements i take now and i eat alot, what other supplements are good to take for someone my age?
As AMZIDLYF said you need to eat MORE!!! PERIOD!!!

The supplements that you are using are ALL that I would recommend you use. You do NOT need anything else (except the good fats; they're part of your basic staples)! You do not need methoxy. Get your nutrition and training RIGHT, and when you have a SOLID training base and are older, then start looking at perhaps using other products.

If you want better recovery and muscle growth, then make sure you ARE eating enough, are getting enough protein (and carbohydrates), and taking your rest days. Creatine (as mentioned) will aid in recovery, as well as BCAAs (your protein powder might have them in; if not, this would be the only other supplement I would recommend for one your age).

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
PM me I will help you out with my wrestling regiment and training. I wrestle 145 and am offseason ~170. As a wrestler i would worry more about strength than size because being stronger at a lower weight class has a much higher advantage. You also need to watch out because many people on season are still just as strong as off season minus the ~10-20 lbs they cut.

mcssassin

Awards
some good ol simple amino acid horse pills or liquid amino acid. and a crap ton of food

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just to reiterate wjhat others have said. Diet, diet, diet. All your supps are in line, specifically with your age. Goodluck

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Your BMR + daily expenditure is about 2665 (just an estimate). Eat at least 3615 calories a day. Your supps look good, but I'd get a good preworkout - just my opinion.

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
to bump your calories up, you could add in some weight gainer- a scoop or two that you can add to your whey protein shake would be perfect. a couple scopps peanut butter in there would add some calories and fats as well...other than that, like already said, eat. plenty of protein, lean red meat, lean hamburger, chicken, fish, pack in the whole foods..

EZDUZIT

EZDUZIT

Awards
A good protein (whey) CLA and creatine is a great starter.

jrw

Awards
  • Established
There is a kid in the gym I work out at that is about 16 or 17, I believe he is a wrestler, I know the guy he works out with is. The kid looks like he has been on several crycles, he is ripped to shreds without much bodyfat at all, its very low. Its not wrestling season right now so I dont think he would be doing cardio like during the season. I am pretty certain he is or has taken something, I almost want to ask him so I can discourage him if he has so he doesnt mess up his system. One look at the kid and I think of steroids, just impossible for it to be natural.

droppinplates

Banned
Awards
Take 2,000 Mgs of SDrol 2 times a day and eat lots of licorice.

Really, seriously though, just eat high quality protein, lots of water and maybe some BCAA's and creatine.

You got more hormones and chemicals flying through you that you couldn't top with anything synthesized.