Adrenal fatigue

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
what can i take to help with this. i don't feel awake ever unless i have a lot of caffeine and i've got to the point where 3 scoops of usp labs jacked doesn't have that much of an effect on me. i know reset AD but is there something else that can help too and i've always wondered how exactly does reset AD work. and does it only help while you're on it?

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
i just found a website with a list of 30 signs of adrenal fatigue and i probably have at least 20 of them.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
ResetAD, Adrenal Fatigue Institute has what looks like a very under-rated supp.

Keep off all stims (caffeine for me), standard bodybuilders type diet but remove high GI food. Use adaptogens.

You should be fine then. Its fairly easy.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
reset ad works very well
yea, should i run benedryl with it too? or anything else? i've used reset AD once before but with family owning a coffee shop its hard to lay off the caffeine. will the effects stay or will i only be good when i'm on the supp?

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
After a 6 month caffeine break and 3 months on RESET AD I tried a full throttle energy drink and it was euphoric. It was like the first time I had a good amount of caffeine. The stuff works. I think if your young you can get your adrenals functioning well in little time. If a cup or 2 of coffee don't do it for u, you need to make some lifestyle changes like get more sleep!

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
After a 6 month caffeine break and 3 months on RESET AD I tried a full throttle energy drink and it was euphoric. It was like the first time I had a good amount of caffeine. The stuff works. I think if your young you can get your adrenals functioning well in little time. If a cup or 2 of coffee don't do it for u, you need to make some lifestyle changes like get more sleep!
well if it's adrenal fatigue sleep is going to get disrupted or not do anything. i have the exact schedule it says. tired in the morning boost of energy around 6 then go to bed tired around 11 and be wide awake. not to mention bad memory, low libido and basically every other symptom of it. hopefully this works out, it's horrible being tired all day long. yesterday i was so tired i was ready to pass out, 6:30 came rolling around i got enough energy to want to go to the gym then pooped out afterwards and then couldn't sleep till like 2

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
can u have adrenal fatigue but have normal cortisol levels?

steam

steam

Awards
  • Established
...and if u want to try something dietary, handed down from chinese medicine, eat tons of white carrot/radish(jap:-daikon) for a few weeks.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
well if it's adrenal fatigue sleep is going to get disrupted or not do anything. i have the exact schedule it says. tired in the morning boost of energy around 6 then go to bed tired around 11 and be wide awake. not to mention bad memory, low libido and basically every other symptom of it. hopefully this works out, it's horrible being tired all day long. yesterday i was so tired i was ready to pass out, 6:30 came rolling around i got enough energy to want to go to the gym then pooped out afterwards and then couldn't sleep till like 2
It could be a lot of things though. I got tested for adrenal fatigue some time back cause I had all the symptoms too. Tired all the time yet can't sleep. Well I did have elavated cortisol levels which showed the adrenals are working good as well as other things were normal. I think it was more related to a bad time in my life where I was really low and anxiety was up there too. I went to the Dr for many tests but couldn't find anything. Also how fast the reset worked I realized my adrenals were good. I would cut out caffeine all together. It may be adding to a anxiety problem.

itzgambino

Awards
I feel like I am encountering the same, 2 scoops of jack3d does really nothing for me I have to go higher to feel anything. I just finished 2 cycles of slim xtreme so I figured it was from that. Before you jump to any extreme measures just take a couple of days off of stimulants, just a day off of everything and the next day jack3d had me wired with 2 scoops. So just try being stim free for atleast 3-5 days and see where that gets you.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I had adrenal fatigue. I cut out all stims except my morning green tea and honestly, my life has only taken a turn for the better.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
i was like that before, i mean i would have the hardest time getting out of bed and yawning all day and always wanting to take a nap, i layed of any type of stim for like 2years and just worked out 5 days a week eat good make sure i get no more than 8 hours of rest and trying to be active.

do you work out alot or often?

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
It could be a lot of things though. I got tested for adrenal fatigue some time back cause I had all the symptoms too. Tired all the time yet can't sleep. Well I did have elavated cortisol levels which showed the adrenals are working good as well as other things were normal. I think it was more related to a bad time in my life where I was really low and anxiety was up there too. I went to the Dr for many tests but couldn't find anything. Also how fast the reset worked I realized my adrenals were good. I would cut out caffeine all together. It may be adding to a anxiety problem.
This is where the world of the physician and the herbalist/nutritionist clash.

Phyiscians do blood tests which seldom show any difference in cortisol. Herbalists/nutritionalist do saliva tests which give different results. I guess in your case you knew that but 'adrenal fatigue' ain't a medically recognized condition unless you're cortisol levels show up in a blood test (v. v. low indeed).

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
i was like that before, i mean i would have the hardest time getting out of bed and yawning all day and always wanting to take a nap, i layed of any type of stim for like 2years and just worked out 5 days a week eat good make sure i get no more than 8 hours of rest and trying to be active.

do you work out alot or often?
i was doing 5-6 days a week but have cut back to about 3 going from HVT to HIT routine. working out less really hasn't made a difference. all i know is i have no energy in the gym. i'm not like awake until i have a lot of caffeine. i'm not depressed i don't have anxiety i just don't wanna get out of bed and sleep isnt refreshing at all.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established

Phyiscians do blood tests which seldom show any difference in cortisol. Herbalists/nutritionalist do saliva tests which give different results. I guess in your case you knew that but 'adrenal fatigue' ain't a medically recognized condition unless you're cortisol levels show up in a blood test (v. v. low indeed).
i got a saliva test done and someone on these boards who is a physician said the only thing accurate on a saliva test is the cortisol test. but i've also read that there isn't one test to determine adrenal fatigue. u have to have multiple tests and link them with the symptoms and find it that way. there really isn't a concrete thing that u can find that will say that's u have it.

Dath

Awards
Find a biomeridian practitioner in your area and have him/her scan your endocrine system. They will be able to tell you what, if any, part of your endocrine system is out of balance and what supplements you can take to balance and correct the problem. There are a lot of good products on the market for adrenal fatigue but the biomeridian machine will tell you exactly what supplement/remedy should be used for your problem. This way you don't have to guess.

http://biomeridian.com/

YouTube - Doc Jake on Bio-Meridian

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established

It's true. A Normal physician blood test is a one time cortisol reading which isn't very helpful. You have to get multiple readings. Kind of like checking your blood sugar. In my case the higher cortisol readings weren't a suprise but it also told me that my adrenals are working good. If your cortisol is too low it can mean the adrenals aren't working properly so after I saw that and other adrenal hormones were tested I knew it had to be something else. It was a Dietition who originally helped me find I was hypoglycemic. Then after I knew I would request another test to my DR. You must do a lot of your own research before you go to the doc cause if you don't help them out they can't help you out.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
i was doing 5-6 days a week but have cut back to about 3 going from HVT to HIT routine. working out less really hasn't made a difference. all i know is i have no energy in the gym. i'm not like awake until i have a lot of caffeine. i'm not depressed i don't have anxiety i just don't wanna get out of bed and sleep isnt refreshing at all.
I'd check out the webmd symptom checker. It may be helpful and post your results.

http://symptoms.webmd.com/

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
This is a crazy, crazy idea .. but I wonder what would happen to adrenal fatigue if you ran a PH cycle? I think you'd feel great - but you could feel massively lethargic.

Problem is as soon as the cycle ends you might collapse into a heap unable to move....

Anyway adrenal fatigue has a fixed supplement regime for hardcore restoration, get a book on it. There's millions of them on the subject. Some of my stack (link) uses some anti-adrenal fatigue supplements (log). I've not finished it yet though.. oh and it also contains a heap of other stuff.